Out of curiosity, I logged onto the Tripadvisor to look up the review this morning for the Palm beach hotel as we've just spent one evening here (and will be staying for another evening) and I was so surprised to find the last 3 reviews to be quite negative. It had all been fantastic reviews before.
I'm staying at one of the city view rooms too. It is smallish but very nicely decorated. My room overlooks another hotel opposite but no problem with noise (I'm a light sleeper so I dislike noise too).
The bathroom isn't so small as one of the reviews below. I can certainly turn without opening the shower door. I'm UK size 8-10 while my boyfriend is 6'2.
In terms of service, true, it is by no means world class - because it isn't consistent! The front desk receptionist I met was by no means welcoming or cheerful, nor was the spa receptionist I met this morning. However, serving staff at the bar and restaurant has been generally good.
No doubt there's room for service improvement to be done by management. Management responses below to unsatisfied customers are unhelpful at all honestly. They are meaningless with no actions to improve. That really needs to be addressed. For the time being, just tip for excellent service and take the tips off if you're not happy (even if it's been added to your bills).
Additional point to note:
1. Yes there's a $14 hotel fee per day for pool, wifi, etc
2. Valet parking is at an obnoxious price of $29 per day so park at the public parking nearby only 2-3 blocks away
3. Construction site is still happening so please do beware
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let us welcome you with genuine service and laid-back sophistication at our serene oceanfront resort, set in the heart of Miami Beach. Soul-reviving AVEDA spa experiences, natural gourmet cuisine at Essensia and newly renovated rooms, all inspired by the beautiful nature surrounding our sanctuary. Discover Miami Beach’s award-winning independent beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami