“An Amazing Wedding Venue” 4 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase $224
Ranked #53 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Campbell, California
“An Amazing Wedding Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We decided on this hotel for our destination wedding because of the location and the fact that it had everything we were looking for all in one place. The event came off without a hitch, like a hot knife through butter! We originally wanted to have the wedding right on the beach but decided against it due to the potential risk for wind and sand impeding on our elderly guests. We're glad we did because the garden setting with the gazebo proved to be the perfect setting for our nuptials. We were a bit concerned when our coordinator told us there was construction going on next door and it was quite loud. But decided to take the risk anyway since the wedding was on a Saturday and we were told that they may or may not be working due to their construction deadlines. It turned out they were working but either with limited staff or with very soft hammers because we hardly noticed the noise.

The Veranda Terrace was perfect for our reception as well. It was the perfect size for the brunch, cake cutting, dancing and drinking. We also enjoyed walking just a few footsteps to the beach to bask in the Miami sun the day after. The quality of the food was very good too however the pricing is a bit ridiculous! We spent $305.00 by just walking in the door! They charge your credit card for incidentals before you even use them. They gave us a city view room on the 11th floor corner away from the construction which had a view of Miami Beach and the bathroom had a view of the beach. However the room was very small so we asked for an upgrade and we thought since we were honeymooners that they might accommodate us. No one ever got back to us the whole six days we were there with a response!

The pros definitely outweighed the cons and even though we felt like we were taken to the cleaners on several occasions we can't deny that we had the time of our lives! We received quite a bit of positive feedback on the wedding from our guests as well. So if you're looking for a bit of paradise for your wedding this is the place. Just make sure you bring plenty of cash.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
First, congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for choosing The Palms Hotel & Spa for your destination wedding and taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I was extremely pleased that the hotel was everything that you were looking for and the event was flawless. Unfortunately, I regret the inconvenience you may have experienced wanting a different room and I apologize that nobody got back to you. Thank you for allowing us to address your comments we believe that the only way to improve one’s service and style is to truly listen to what our guests are saying and try to constantly improve, your input has truly proven an asset in this endeavor. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Palms Hotel & Spa for a future occasion, possibly an upcoming anniversary or just another visit. We look forward to many more beautiful celebrations and memories to come.

1,036 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am a fan of smaller, more quaint hotels and this fit the bill. Much more manageable and less intimidating than the FountainBleau just up the beach. Was here for businesses so not much beach or pool time but all areas were very well-kept, clean, bright, open. The place was not that crowded. There were children, older people and a good mix of guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for not only being our recent guest, but for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. It was absolutely our pleasure to have had you as our guest and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon but hopefully next time for some beach and pool relaxation time!
Alma
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at the Palms for 5 days. The first impression is a Nice, comfortable and well organized hotel. I booked through a convention agency but since I received my confirmation I contacted directly to the hotel for some special request such as a crib because I travelled with my 9m-0 baby and my sister. When we arrived my room was ready , the crib was not here yet but was sent in a few minutes as well as a mini fridge for baby´s food with no extra charge.
We had a partial view from the ocean but a complete view of the building that is built next door. We did not hear that much noise only when we were at the beach and of course you could se all the workers and the huge crane.
The persnal was more than helpful since the check in, the bell boys, the concierge, the maids, nd the valet parking.
I have just a few complaints, the room we got was really small and with the crib it was almost impossible to walk from bed to bed. The bathroom was ecodesigned to use the sink water to flush the toillet, but the toillet was separated from the shower and the spacw was small. There is no tub and there is no way to lock the door fo the shower nor the toillet door.
I think is a little expensive but the beach and the amenities are really nice and they try to pamper you.
The beds and pillow are just speechless. One of the best sleeps I had.
They charge a 20% of taxes additional to the price they said they would.
There was free wi-fi and I was able to do a late check out at 12pm without any problem.
You could walk the board walk and get to were all the action is , other wise you might need a cab.
If i get a great deal I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the new construction.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nelly,
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for your detailed and very thorough review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments and highlights of your stay with regards to our friendly and helpful staff, beautiful grounds and guest amenities. It is a pleasure to know that you had the best sleep ever at The Palms! Again thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback, it allows us to evaluate service and standards for our guests and ensure a pleasant stay. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Palms Hotel & Spa whenever your travels bring you back to Miami Beach.
Alma
san mateo califonia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I don't get it. With so many hotels in this area. I don't understand how they get these prices. Stayed here because the wedding was here. Nice venue for that
Rooms especially the bathrooms are so small. Gym was tiny too. Expensive food and drinks. They add 18% to everything. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Barry,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your guest perspective of your recent stay. I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience a wedding at The Palms Hotel & Spa. Our beautiful grounds, luxurious amenities and attentive and professional staff are always the backdrop to a flawless wedding event. Unfortunately, I regret to hear that you did not find value to your overall stay although prices are in line with our competitive set. We do sincerely appreciate all of our guests and each individual perspective and welcome the opportunity to address your concerns hoping that you will give us a second chance to overwhelm you with the high levels of service and personal attention that The Palms is known for.
The Palms Team
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Let me start off by saying I was booked through a convention bureau and they never sent my name to the hotel. Needless to say I was quite upset and only discovered this by accident when I called to "confirm". Carlos, the front desk manager, took the call and immediately put me in touch with Andrea in the Group Sales office. While the convention bureau took no responsibility for their error, Carlos and Andrea took care of finding me a room at their hotel. This of course was on a fully booked convention weekend. Their service was exceptional. We arrived to a beautiful room and our stay was terrific. Yes there is construction next door but it becomes like a white noise hum while you are at the pool and it stops sharply at 5pm. Other great features, besides the incredible grounds with herb garden and exotic birds, is its location on the beach and boardwalk which is great for jogging or just strolling.
We will definitely make it our choice for our next Miami visit.

Room Tip: We faced the street (cityview) and found it very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to see your positive comments regarding our beautiful rooms, incredible grounds, exceptional service, but most important your appreciation for our helpful staff. I sincerely believe that our employees are one of our greatest assets and they are one of the pillars that make The Palms such a special place. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
St Paul Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Not wanting to face snowy Minnesota after returning from a cruise, we opted for one more night in Miami at The Palms Hotel. Since cruises dock pretty early in the morning, it was not a surprise that our room wasn’t ready at 10:30am when we arrived but the gentleman at the front desk was very gracious. He arranged to store our bags, invited us to relax at the pool or on the beach and gave us cards for a towel and directions for internet access so we were able to set up by the pool for a few hours. The grounds are lovely and very well maintained. And since the hotel borders on the Miami boardwalk, you have easy access to the beach and chairs/umbrellas offered by the hotel (for a $7 per day fee). The hotel is being renovated but it was being done very unobtrusively so that was not an issue. There is construction going on next door which is very noisy and does detract from the experience around the pool but there are new hotel and condo towers going up all over Miami so we just took it in stride.

When we did get into our room it was a beautiful large corner room on the 8th floor overlooking the pool and ocean. It was beautifully appointed and nicely decorated in light greens and white with dark woodwork. Top of the line toiletries and the water closet was in a separate room from the shower and sink so it made it convenient for two people to get ready at the same time. Much has been made of the eco-friendly toilets and I think the concept of a sink built in to the toilet is great but I was not a big fan in practice. Let’s just say there are logistical challenges if you want to flush before you are ready to wash your hands. And not sure why there was a robe on a hanger hanging next to the toilet when the other was out in the room’s wardrobe. A hook yes, but not a fresh robe on a hanger.

The ambiance in the bar is lovely but pricey. Drinks during Happy Hour are 50% off but outside of those times be ready for sticker shock. A standard martini with taxes and the mandatory tip ran a cool $25. The restaurant looked very inviting but too pricey for a casual dinner. And there is a steep daily resort fee, which evidently includes the 24 hour gym and free internet, but does not include the $7 fee to sit on the beach, a newspaper or even a free bottle of water. We expected more but for one night we did not try and fight it. There is a nice Keurag coffemaker in the room with a nice selection of coffees and teas.

The area itself is rather deserted at night and there are not many restaurants, bars or stores nearby since everything seems to be under construction. So it you are looking for a beautiful beach or pool experience and a morning jog along the boardwalk and are willing to cocoon in the hotel you will enjoy it. If you are going for the nightlife, you may want a hotel closer to Lincoln Road or South Beach.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room. We were in room 802 and it had great corner views of the ocean...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our lovely and well kept grounds and beautifully appointed and nicely decorated rooms. I would just like to clarify that our hotel is not under renovation and what you may have seen was the upkeep of a certain area which is always done behind the scenes. You also mentioned that you were charged $7 for a beach chair and umbrella, however, our hotel fee is inclusive and we do not charge for beach chairs and umbrellas. I would like to research further on your charge so if you would be so kind to send me an email (alma@thepalmshotel.com) and I’ll be happy to follow up with you. Again thank you for choosing to stay at The Palms and we look forward to your next visit to Miami Beach.
Warm Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Palms was everything I wanted it to be; the front desk staff were wonderful and we got a free room upgrade, the room was clean and up to date, the food was fabulous and the service from the staff was OUTSTANDING! The setting is gorgeous and even with the construction next door, the pool/beach areas were comfortable and relaxing. The hotel is far enough from the party/nightclub scene to avoid the crowds and noise but just close to hope a 5 minute cab ride and be right in the thick of it. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we’re very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for mentioning our OUTSTANDING staff they make The Palms Hotel & Spa the wonderful place that it is! We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Sending you our warm regards, The Palms Team

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!