“Mi ami Miami!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Mi ami Miami!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

This was a great choice of hotel for a business meeting. The location is superb; accomodation is very comfortable; the meeting rooms are spacious; and the service is great (as you would expect in US). I agree with other reviewers that service and quality in the restaurant can be improved. But, there are plenty of alternative options for great food in Miami! One more thing: Whatever you do, don't miss out on an early morning run along Miami beach and South beach to take in the awesome sunrise! Great way to start the day.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I appreciate your kind words in regards to our accommodations, meeting rooms, and service. We value our guests feedback and will certainly use your comments in our ongoing training and development areas. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to Miami Beach.

1,059 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Edmond, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved the old world, Art Deco feel of this charming hotel. Our room was spotless and comfortable, with updated, arty, bathrooms. For people who love the tropics and the beach, this is the hotel for you. The outdoor dining, lounge, and pool areas are surrounded by lush tropical gardens, giving it a secluded air. The beach is a very short walk and immaculately maintained by the staff. As a beach lover, I enjoyed it that towels, loungers, and umbrellas were included in the room rate. Ice water and icy hand towels were also offered free of charge. Courteous, attentive staff members checked on hotel patrons on the beach periodically, to shift chairs and umbrellas and take and serve drink and food orders. Food at the hotel was very good, with many healthy choices for those on a more restricted diet.

Great place, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your lovely words in regards to our property and look forward to your next visit to Miami Beach.
With warm regards,
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Palms is a beautiful property located on Miami Beach. The beach itself is white sand and not overcrowded. The property has a pool with an outdoor Tiki theme and the entire place gives the feeling of a caribbean resort. This part of Miami beach was not very happening at night but that was okay for us.

The rooms are small but very nice. Large windows provided natural light and the color scheme was very ocean (blues and browns). The bed was comfortable. The bathroom set-up was annoying however. The commode is in a separate cubby immediately when you enter the room. In a 'green' effort to save water, when you flush the toilet the sink automatically comes on (runs while the toilet tank is filling). However, if you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, the sound of loudly running water continues (for what seems like forever), disturbing all who try to sleep. Small thing but irritating.

My biggest complaint was the service. Everyone smiles and is friendly but there doesn't seem to be any service associated with that. For example, I arrived earlier than the posted check-in time of 4 pm. They did not have a room available but promised to call me when it was ready. No call ever came. I eventually checked back at the desk and the room was ready. They failed to give me internet access or a beach card - the only reason I knew to ask was that I overheard another clerk speaking to another guest. Every time I went to get a beach towel, the attendant was either missing or was out of towels (3 times). On the beach, there is purportedly service for food or drinks. Out of a total of 4 hours I spent on the beach over two days, the servers never once came to check on myself and my guest. It wasn't just me, people all around me were frantically waving at them for attention with no luck (they seemed to wait on one person at a time and slowly at that). Most people gave up and went back to the hotel property to get drinks themselves. When I did this, the Tiki bar was so crowded I couldn't get near. I then went to the Verandah, after giving up on the beach. The bartender was out dropping off drinks at another table. I had to ask for a minute to look at the menu. Tactical error - she never came back. I had to go inside to order, at which point I ordered extra in case we never got served again. The next morning when I asked if we could delay our check-out by one hour, I was simply told no.

So overall, this hotel looks better than it is. No substance to back up the charm. Happily for them, they automatically charge you an 18% gratuity for your convenience, so you don't have to decide how much to tip the poor service.

Room Tip: We had 1001 - that side of the hotel is away from the current construction going on next door and, b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear NieSB27,
Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful property as you mentioned and choosing to stay with us. First and foremost, I regret the unfortunate and atypical service incidents that you have experienced. Please be assured that Guest satisfaction is paramount at The Palms and your comments have been addressed. Everyone in our staff is highly dedicated to providing all of our Guests with excellent service and warm hospitality. When your travels bring you back to our city, we would be very pleased to have you as our guest again so that you may experience the high level of service and personal attention that The Palms is known for.
With warm regards from the entire Palms team!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This Art Deco resort north on famous Collins is just far enough away to feel like a true Oasis.

Very Carribbean feel! The grounds are gorgeous and their beachfront is pristine.

They have an incredible lounge with outdoor deck and a great happy hour (half off all drinks m-w!). Breakfast was great and they use a majority of fresh, local ingredients and even have an onsite garden.

Pool was so relaxing! Too bad it was a little chilly during our stay.

While there is construction next door like many users have mentioned, we were notified of this at check in and immediately assured we were on the opposite side of the building than the construction. It didn't disurpt our stay in the least.

My only complaint was the temerature of the room. It seemed very stuffy and humid (yes, I realize it's south florida), but the hallways and common areas were a comfortable level. I didn't even mention it to staff - not a major deal. My Midwest winter skin enjoyed the moisture, though it could be rough in the summer!

Bathrooms are tiny, but oh well! They are green and saving on water, so I appreciate their efforts.

Stay here for a relaxing time in the heart of Miami Beach!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa and for taking the time to share with us your Palms experience! I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a true “Oasis” amidst the Miami Beach scene. Thank you again for your feedback and we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Miami.
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in December 2012 for a week. The hotel is away from the hotel busy section of Miami Breach and South Beach with I liked. I enjoyed the quite. The hotel is on the beach boardwalk and you can get to many places by walking or taking a taxi. I was able to walk from the Palms to Canyon Ranch Hotel and the Fountain Blue Hotel for lunch.
The rooms are beautiful with a tropical design and functional with deck, good lighting, and sufficient electrical outlets to pull in phone and computer chargers. The hotel pool is open 24 hours which is nice if you want to spend the day seeing the town. You can still you the pool at night. The hotel is on the beach and the hotel has lounge chairs on the beach reserved for hotel guest. There is a beach towel exchange program so that you can turn in your towel cards each day for fresh, clean beach towels. You can rent a Tiki Cabana for the day.
I especially like the veranda bar and restaurant areas. The hotel offers private cabana dinners. (I have included a picture of the cabana.) Kristina, the concierge, did a great job of making arrangements for the poolside cabana and the cabana dinner. I would stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quite hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I ordered breakfast two times. The first time the staff lost the order and we had to reorder in the morning. Then when it arrived it was missing the fruit ordered. The second day I ordered the night before by phone so the order wouldn't get lost. They had the wrong deliver time on the order and we almost missed our transport. Again, they lost the fruit.

We also ordered 5 drinks by the pool. Total tab was $75. Wow! Though this is a nice facility, they really have problems with service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I regret that you experienced this type of service delay and lack of communication from our team. I assure you this is not our normal service and clearly we had a breakdown with our standards. Thank you again for providing this feedback, it allows us to evaluate service and standards for our guests and ensure a pleasant stay.
I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Palms Hotel & Spa whenever your travels bring you back to Miami Beach.
With warm regards,
The Palms Hotel & Spa Team
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Saying here for 5 days for a business meting was great. Nice rooms, frindly staff ond the most wonderful sorroundings. Meeting rooms was also very good. The lunch menu at the restaurant could have been improved, but the lobster blt was truly a hit! Hope to come back here some time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your kind words in regards to our property and friendly staff. Guest feedback is very important to us so we appreciate your comments regarding our restaurant. I am pleased that the lobster blt was a true hit! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Alma Cue

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!