“Weekend in Miami” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Weekend in Miami”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just spent 4 days in the hotel... there is a huge construction project going on next door that makes the pool less than enjoyable with the noise level. Much of the equipment in the gym was not working, the rooms were noisy and small, the drinks and food were overpriced. Our rooms wasn't cleaned for 2 days and we had to call to have it serviced. I would not stay there again. We complained after the second night and the manager on duty agreed to credit us for the daily internet charge, but when we checked out, they hadn't credited our account.... the room keys were so sensitive, I had to go 3 different times to get keys that would open our room! I will say that when we checked out, the manager did credit us over $100 for our troubles.

Room Tip: we stayed oceanside which afforded us a nice view, but the room was small and loud... we could hear...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Garry, I sincerely regret to hear about the various inconveniences you encountered while being our guest. A treadmill has been repaired and I have brought your guestroom services up with our Director of Housekeeping for further review. Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that the FD was able to assist you with your concerns upon departure, however, disappointed that you would not return. Clearly we fell short of your expectations and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your faith in our genuine hospitality and service the next time your travels bring you back to the Miami Beach area. Sincerely Elena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
DFW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Rooms redone typical MB, smallish and art-deco. Pool area very nice with privacy landscaping. Private gate to boardwalk/beach. Staff professional and attentive. Restaurant best part. Food really good. Settings outside really nice.

Room Tip: nice beach views
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I are very demanding travellers. Having ourselves a hotel in Venice, Italy, we know very well about travellers' expectations. THE PALMS exceeded our expectations.
Everything at the Palm is perfect!!! location, beach and staff. From the reception guys to the beach boys; everbody's always smiling and caring. They make you feel a special guest and not just a number, which is very important.
We highly recommend this hotel to everybody's planning to come to Miami.
A special thanks to Moises at the Reception, Kristi at the Concierge desk, and the sweet
Pauline at the Starbucks coffe (inside the hotel) for making my Cinnamon Dolce Latte a special one with our chat and laugher...
Choose THE PALM without hesitation.
Besides, the 2 parrots in the garden are an added value; I had a lot of fun with them!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
What a pleasure to have had you as our guests and much appreciation for your sincerity and kind words for members of our dedicated team who helped make your stay truly memorable. I have personally thanked Moises, Kristina & Pauline for their outstanding commitment to excellence! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience. I hope that you will contact me directly for reservation assistance, Sincerely Elena (ebarkey@thepalmshotel.com)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Came for a conference and wasn't able to spend too much time outside, but this hotel was able to maximize that time! Right on the beach, with a 24 hour pool and meals served outside, I got the chance to see the sun and put my toes in the sand. If I were here on vacation, the construction might have gotten old if I were hanging all day near the pool. A short cab away from the nightlife makes the nights quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the beach and to be on the far side from the construction.
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were in Miami last month and everything was fine. Our family enjoyed a lot, made ​​new friends. Also, my husband and I renewed our wedding vows. All this with the help of Christopher Michael Garcia who organized everything for us. He was very friendly and we enjoyed very much our stay at the hotel. Thank you and see you soon!

Room Tip: Ask for help Christopher. He speaks English, Spanish and Portuguese and that helped us a lot. Certai...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experiences with Christopher at the FD and his assistance with facilitating your lovely wedding vows renewal ceremony at the Palms. It was absolutely our pleasure to have hosted you as our guests and we all certainly look forward to welcoming you back time and time again, or for another anniversary celebration. Congrats!
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Palm is a lovely hotel with well-appointed rooms & outside "rooms" to relax in. Unfortunately, there is major construction next to property & there is constant sawing, hammering & equipment noises that prevent a peaceful stay. Miami Beach is under a major renovation, so it doesn't matter where you stay - there's going to be noise & plenty of it. While the food at the restaurant was good (go for the burger), it's quite pricey & you are very limited in eating options in this area. South Beach is a 1/2 hr walk & lots to do & many restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: Ocean-view rooms have a great view. Construction to right of property, chose rooms wisely.
Gainesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my 10th time to south beach, at least the 10th, and I wanted to spend a little less than the Ritz where I usually stay, also have been to Edon Roc, Fbleau, Delano and The National. The Ritz is my fav, but The Palms was far better for value although off the beaten path. Service was top notch, breakfast was the only just ok service and quality for the $. Everyone was always smiling and saying hello, we needed a few things in the rooms fixed such as water pressure, a running toilet and had to ask for turn down service but all was done ASAP! The drinks were better for $ compared to the Ritz which I thought couldn't get any better, The Spa was great, newer more updated than the Ritz and the service I had was awesome! You feel as if your on your own island here as the beach is on an inlet. The only downfall is all the $ you spend on cabs to go eat, shop etc 10 each time 1 way. Nothing around this hotel. My girfriend and I had a wonderful time here and would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted to hear that we not only had the pleasure of impressing you with our ‘top notch service, private beach inlet and an awesome Spa experience’, but that we were able to gain your loyalty among the South Beach set. We would love to welcome you back as one of our valued and loyal Palms Guests and hope to become your new found ‘favorite.’ Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you head back this way, as I would love to assist with your reservations and ensure another amazing and tranquil Palms experience. Regards, Elena

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!