“Lovely hotel, noisy construction zone” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3025 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #54 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Carolina
“Lovely hotel, noisy construction zone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Palm is a lovely hotel with well-appointed rooms & outside "rooms" to relax in. Unfortunately, there is major construction next to property & there is constant sawing, hammering & equipment noises that prevent a peaceful stay. Miami Beach is under a major renovation, so it doesn't matter where you stay - there's going to be noise & plenty of it. While the food at the restaurant was good (go for the burger), it's quite pricey & you are very limited in eating options in this area. South Beach is a 1/2 hr walk & lots to do & many restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: Ocean-view rooms have a great view. Construction to right of property, chose rooms wisely.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

1,076 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
Gainesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my 10th time to south beach, at least the 10th, and I wanted to spend a little less than the Ritz where I usually stay, also have been to Edon Roc, Fbleau, Delano and The National. The Ritz is my fav, but The Palms was far better for value although off the beaten path. Service was top notch, breakfast was the only just ok service and quality for the $. Everyone was always smiling and saying hello, we needed a few things in the rooms fixed such as water pressure, a running toilet and had to ask for turn down service but all was done ASAP! The drinks were better for $ compared to the Ritz which I thought couldn't get any better, The Spa was great, newer more updated than the Ritz and the service I had was awesome! You feel as if your on your own island here as the beach is on an inlet. The only downfall is all the $ you spend on cabs to go eat, shop etc 10 each time 1 way. Nothing around this hotel. My girfriend and I had a wonderful time here and would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are delighted to hear that we not only had the pleasure of impressing you with our ‘top notch service, private beach inlet and an awesome Spa experience’, but that we were able to gain your loyalty among the South Beach set. We would love to welcome you back as one of our valued and loyal Palms Guests and hope to become your new found ‘favorite.’ Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you head back this way, as I would love to assist with your reservations and ensure another amazing and tranquil Palms experience. Regards, Elena
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We hosted our wedding at The Palms in October 2012, the catering & sales staff were amazing and very helpful to arrange all of the details. Our family & friends loved the resort, it was just a bit far off from south beach, but still a cab ride away from the night life. We loved it, the beach was amazing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Katia, We truly appreciate the opportunity to have hosted your friends, family and wedding at the Palms Hotel & Spa! Thank you for your lovely comments and for entrusting our team with your special event and this celebratory time in your lives. We hope to welcome you back for many more beautiful memories to come. Congrats! Elena
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was here for business in January,and have been here several times before. Hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. Grounds are beautiful...beach is very nice. Essensia restaurant for brunch and dinner was very a good.. Only drawback is the construction noise heard next door during the morning and day time.

Room Tip: Ocean view ,ocean view,ocean view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for returning time and time again as one of our valued and loyal repeat guests! I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for yet another incredible Palms experience. Please contact me directly for your next stay as I would love to ensure a quiet room and peaceful stay. Regards Elena
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. We are looking at going back to Miami this summer and are most likely going to be staying at the Palms hotel once again. We love this hotel because it is a short walk to the crowded part of south beach, but yet the hotel is located in a more private area. The hotel is modern and very clean which we love. And to this day, the beds at this hotel are the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept on!!!! I have had only great experiences with the hotel staff...Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie, What an absolute pleasure it is to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat Palms guests! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and would love to personally assist you with your upcoming summer travels and reservations when you. Please contact me when you’re ready to book at ebarkey@thepalmshotel.com or 305-908-5450. Elena
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our arrival here yesterday was a bit disappointing. I booked through Expedia (which had lovely pictures of the pool and the beach). While those pictures are true, both sides of the hotel have ongoing construction - and the street in front looks like there's redevelopment going on - it's a bit creepy to walk around. We checked into the Palms for the final 3 days of our vacation (having come off an RCL cruise). The reception staff was unfriendly on check in. We were early (due to getting off the cruise); they made no effort to get us in a room early (I know sometimes this isn't possible but they visibly made no effort). This morning I was 5 minutes late for the laundry; I asked them - is there any chance the laundry might not have gone out yet? In response i got a nasty smile - she never even checked; she just told me I'd missed it for the day.

The mark of a great hotel (and given the rates we're paying, this should be one) is in the service-orientation of its staff. Sometimes what you ask for cannot be accomplished - but at least they TRY. This is apparenlty NOT a great hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Janae, I regret to hear of your unfortunate staff interactions with our reception team, as that is certainly not the level of customer service that we strive to provide our valued guests. We do have an excellent team of dedicated professionals at the desk who represent a passion for hospitality and commitment to excellence and are therefore disappointed that this was not your impression. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager for his immediate review, however, we certainly would have liked to address your concerns with you directly during your stay had this been brought to our attention at the time. We value our guests feedback and will certainly use your comments in our ongoing training and development areas. Sincerely Elena
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Was here for only 2 nights on business. Did not see or use much of the grounds, and saw just 10 minutes of sun (walked through a gate to the boardwalk right onto the beach).

Was impressed by the courteous and professional staff at every turn - from the front desk to the servers. The on site restaurant Essensia was truly wonderful and delicious. Waitstaff very welcoming, knowledgeable and pleasant. Must have the Amazone Paiche fish if they have it.

Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Little amenities - turn down sheets at night, little chocolates, robes, Aveda shower products - nice. The area surrounding the hotel on Collins Avenue is a bit desolate - not much action or activity there. Hotel is its own "oasis" as another reviewer put it.

I would come back, though prices are bit high if one cannot expense it. Would definitely at least come back to the restaurant for a meal - really excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 double beds seem bit cramped. Ask for king if traveling on own.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear NY, NY
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share with us your Palms experiences! I am elated to hear that you found our hotel to be a tropical ‘oasis’ amidst the Miami Beach scene, as that is exactly how I feel upon arriving each and every day. Please contact me directly the next time your travels bring you back to Miami as I would be pleased to assist you with your reservations; either for another stay or for dining in Essensia. Regards Elena

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!