“Miss this hotel dearly and recommends Marrying at The Palms!” 5 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase $180
Ranked #54 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
new york
“Miss this hotel dearly and recommends Marrying at The Palms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I recently choose the The Palms Hotel as the venue for my wedding. I stayed 6 days. I am so sad the wedding planning is over, the hotel staff became our extended family. Once you walk into the hotel you feel like you are on an Island and not in Miami Beach. The ambiance is so serine and tranquil!

Service: They were so accommodating to us, the guy at the front desk was a forward thinker: (I like that) he saw we had 3 reservations; we were going from a City View to a superior oceanfront to a regular oceanfront room. He immediately started working on it so we can stay in our Superior Ocean Front room for the remainder of our stay. so we wouldn't have to move 3 times.

Hotel staff was quick with resolving any issues we had and all requests (big or small). There was an issue with my wedding room. The previous guest smoked in a non-smoking room. The hotel was booked solid and it was the only suite available. They IMMEDIATELY worked together to fumigate the room by shampooing the carpet changing the linens. They did this in a matter of 1 1/2 hour; as I had to get in to get ready for my wedding. I really appreciate the efforts they took to make me happy.

My only complaint was that housekeeping should have been more attentive to the room and ordered that the room be thoroughly cleaned for the next guest, especially since it was a non-smoking room. Other than that housekeeping was impeccable and quick with requests.

The food is DELICIOUS! Highly recommend the Buffet Breakfast, ask for the chicken sausage. Service at the restaurant impeccable. Spa staff very knowledgeable on the spa services and techniques, The best under wax I ever had, 24hour pool definitely a plus, clean rooms, plush towels, Loved the shower.

The catering staff was amazing! My wedding was so beautiful. The property is pristine!
I would highly recommend anybody to get married here. The Captain Paul King ! SOOO knowledgeable in weddings and calming brides.
Just know Miami Beach tax the heck out of you. Double tax on everything, tax on the gratuity, tax on tax.

But in the end is was so worth it!.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed here with my friend for a girls getaway. It was a nice hotel, had friendly staff, and the room was perfect for what we needed. The beds were amazingly comfortable. Loved that the hotel had it's own beach area and provided chairs and umbrellas. Also loved being able to stick a flag in the sand to have a young man come and politely take our drink/food orders. We also got massages at the spa. Great service there, and the spa was clean and relaxing.

The only downside to this hotel was the location. There literally was nothing in close walking distance other than a small convenience store. We didn't want to have to take a cab to the main SOBE area every time we wanted to eat. So we ended up having a protein bar a couple times from the gift shop in the hotel for breakfast and lunch. The hotel restaurant was nice, but we didn't like that being our only option.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
north america
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed overnight on a business trip in August.

The good things:
- terrific service
- good breakfast buffet
- on the beach
- comfortable bed
- OK gym
Weak spots:
- weak air conditioning, hot in my room
- the room was a little dirty: hadn't been dusted, somebody's old tissues on the floor
- tiny, tiny room (I can imagine how two people would survive, it was too small even for one
- poor room layout: toilet in separate closet away from other bathroom
- terrible room service - bad food, and expensive
- the mandatory fee is bad business - include it in the room price, otherwise it is deceptive
- while the hotel is on the beach, it is in a bad neighborhood with gutted buildings and lots of homeless

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I live in Fla and have stayed in Miami Beach many times, where most of the hotels are average at best - you get sucked in by a few nice pictures on a website, but we have always been very disappointed and even refused to stay at some places, and I am talking about 3 and 4 star places!
The Palms is it for us - first class all the way, from genuinely friendly and helpful staff to the excellent cleanliness of the rooms...plus the tropical gardens that lead out to the pristine beach where very nice beach chairs, towels and umbrellas are included in your room price.
Great advice on restaurants and nightlife from the concierge, although the hotel has an excellent lounge (try the strawberry mojito) and restaurant that serves fresh local organic dishes. Oh, and it is also an eco-minded "green" hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The hotel itself is beautiful, clean and the service is second to none. I stayed there for a week at the end of July and was impressed by everything at the hotel including the gym, spa, pool, rooms and beach. Cleanliness is HUGE to me and this is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed at. The pool gets VERY busy on fri/sat/sun so be sure to grab chairs early in the morning. The hotel fee that is added on to every day is very worth it even just for the WiFi and the beach chairs.

There are however 2 cons: The location & the prices. It is at Ocean & 30th so it isn't in the middle of all the South Beach action, but nonetheless it's only about $6-7 cab ride to Lincoln Rd. If you want to walk it, it will be a good 20-30 min walk. In terms of prices, we paid a very reasonable price for the rooms however the prices to eat or drink anything at the hotel are rediculous!!!! Breakfast for 4 was $95!! For breakfast we usually went to the Tropical Cafe, just 2 mins south of the hotel and for lunch we usually had Subway which is right next door.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves - especially at the beach. Also on a side note: ask for a corner room because they are bigger and have the least amount of noise around them. The walls are very thin.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I planned to stay 4 nights and enjoyed our visit so much that we arranged to stay an extra night.

It was a wonderful place to get some rest and relaxation. The gardens were beautiful. The facility was clean. The food in the hotel restaurant (Essencia) was unbelievable. (The breakfast buffet offered a huge variety with fresh fruits daily. The ribeye at dinner will not disappoint.)

Every single hotel employee that we came in contact with was so very kind and gracious. They made you feel special and that they were happy to serve you.

I visited the spa a couple of times during our stay. It was such a relaxing experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the Palms to attend the wedding of my husbands niece. It was our first trip to Miami Beach so we just stayed where the wedding was. What a great visit! The staff were all friendly and welcoming. We had a few little hiccups which were attended to quickly and professionaly. The rooms are clean, but a little small. We had to organize ourselves well to keep from bumping into each other. Our time on the beach was probably my favorite part. The chairs and umbrellas are very comfortable. The water was clear and warm. The service on the beach was AMAZING. These guys don't walk to you....they RUN to you to attend to your needs. In 95 degree heat! I didn't love walking down to Lincoln road as most of the shops were either T-shirt tourist junk...or little boutiques to buy your crazy short dress for the clubs. There are quite a few restaurants, but you have to walk down Lincoln road quite aways (away from Collins) to see anything interesting. Cabs were plentiful and saved you from having to drive with the crazies or pay for parking. Next time, I won't leave the resort except for dinner. However, we did eat the first night in Essencia (hotel restaurant) and found it to be fresh and delicious. I recommend the fish entree's. Overall, a great vacation with family and friends. We will be back just the two of us to sample the spa. Thanks Palms!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!