“Very nice hotel off the main strip” 4 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase $180
Ranked #54 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, NY
“Very nice hotel off the main strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I just came back from a "girlfriends" trip with 4 of my friends from college. We had a great time at this hotel. Highly recommend taking advantage of their 1/2 price spa services and happy hour promotion on Thursdays. The spa and services were excellent. The rooms and overall decor were very nice. The beds are super comfortable. The staff were exceptionally friendly and attentive.

I have been to Miami Beach before so I appreciated the fact that this hotel did not "nickle and dime" us with additional fees for beach chair and umbrella rental. The food prices were reasonable. Loved the $24 all you can eat breakfast buffet complete with omlette and belian waffle station. Although the drinks were a little pricey. I think that because the hotel is located so far from the main strip and outside food options are limited, they have made an effort to make the food affordable. That being said, it is about an $8-10 cab ride to Ocean Drive or Lincoln Road, where the main action is. If you are staying for awhile, it is better to have a car.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We came to Miami for 4 days in April to get away stresses of job, kids, etc... and now, the Palms is our Miami home-away-from home. We will never go anywhere else.

Here's what you get for the extra you pay: I loved our quiet and pristine room; most comfortable bed we've ever found in a hotel (king sized) we even researched the fluffy thing they throw on the bed and got one for home....great showers... pool area is quiet, relaxing, plenty of shade if you need it; the gardens are lush and beautifully maintained; ...

...we fell in love with the grand porch area luxe with fans, open to the gardens, overstuffed comfy furniture, quiet, and access to the wonderful bar; the lobby calm and cool with plenty of comfy places in the cool a/c to plop down and just veg out ... just pure heaven and relaxation and beauty everywhere on the grounds.

You can even get your daily Starbucks fix at the hotel shop on site, no need to leave the grounds. There is an Aveda spa on site with an extra fee to use their sauna/steam, and I considered doing that, but the resort amenities were already so great that there was no need to use the spa, but you can get a beachside massage in a private cabana, ... which is something I plan to try in the future.

The poolside tiki has THE BEST JUICIEST BURGER I've ever eaten, and for a decent price. The beach is also lovely, with great service...just get there early if you want a covered cabana. There are hammocks in secluded areas of the garden near the beach.

What makes the Palms Miami Beach so special for me is the very relaxed, low-key and secluded vibe surrounded by absolutely beautiful gardens, the parrots :D, but with the fabulousness of Miami right outside your door. Everybody there from staff to fellow guests was the kind of low-key we were hoping to find ... lots families relaxing together, couples, no noise, no drama. It's a perfect win/win.

The location is a 15-20 mins walk to the South Beach action, and we found a great Cuban diner packed with locals and tourists alike that we walked to for dinner every night, but the last night. We did order room service and it was excellent. Very healthy and delicious. My husband said it was the best pasta sauce he had ever had.

Finally, the Palms is that perfect mix of quiet, dark, cool, and relaxed and bright, hot, exciting and busy... there is something for everyone and one vibe doesn't get in the way of the other. You know some of those busy and garish resorts that have screaming kids in hot pools and not enough shade and the whole place just gives you a headache? THE PALMS IS NOT THIS PLACE. It's the perfect antidote of those places, and is why we'll never go anywhere else.

Thank you, Palms!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for the absolutely glowing review and for taking the time to share your “heavenly” experience with TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us at the Palms Hotel & Spa. Everything you mentioned was beautifully written and detailed and what I also find truly exceptional about our Miami Beach tropical oasis. I have shared your comments with our entire team and I am thrilled to know that you have found your home away from home with us at the Palms. I hope that you will contact me directly for any future reservations assistance as it would be my pleasure to personally assist you and welcome you back in person.
Sincerely, Elena Barkey
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We loved the style of the hotel, especially the lobby and restaurant area. The room was very nice with great ocean views. Only downside was that there are no balconies and the windows cannot be opened. The pool area is okay, the beach in front of the hotel is great and clean. The breakfast was excellent with a good variety. We only stayed for one night but definitely would come back. Price/value were very good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I needed a place to stay in Miami Beach for one night after I sold my condo and prepared to travel somewhere else for the summer. My mood was not the best. I got this hotel on Priceline and was expecting the worst. I was very pleasantly surprised with every aspect of my stay. I received top notch service from every employee from the bellman to the desk clerks to housekeeping. The food (I ordered room service) was healthy and delicious. The room decor was stylish and relaxing. The best part in my opinion is the bar/lounge/restaurant on the first floor that leads out to the ocean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you so very much for your glowing review and I am delighted to hear that our staff and hotel amenities were able to surpass all of your expectations and leave you with beautiful lasting memories of Miami and the Palms Hotel & Spa. We hope to be your new home away from home for all of your future stays here in Miami Beach. Sincerely, Elena Barkey
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Wow, never stayed in a four star hotel. Thats why you get what you pay for. I stayed from Thursday thru Tuesday in June and had a blast. The hotel servive was incredible especialy Missouri James one of the guys at the pool deck thats the nick name we gave him. The rooms were clean and elegant and if you needed something service was there. They evan gave me advice on the club seen for a Monday (incredible club)Just talk to the beach guys they will direct you. I had the time of my life for my big 40. Thankyou Palms Hotel.

Room Tip: Do not be afraid to ask for anything.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear big 40, Thank you for choosing the Palms Hotel & Spa for your birthday celebration. I am thrilled to hear about your experiences and most importantly the personalized service which you received from our staff, especially Missouri James. We hope to celebrate again with you next year and please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with reservations. Sincerely, Elena Barkey, Director of Guest Experience
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Perfect ending for a long weekend in south Florida. We capped a four day visit to the Everglades with a stay at the Palms in South Beach. Wow.....from the grittiness of the 'glades to the cool sophistication of the Palms! So nice. Great ocean front room on a high floor. fabulous views! The grounds were lovey. The location was great. Easy walking distance to anywhere we wanted to go.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011 via mobile

I stayed with my wife and 2 year old daughter in room 306 from 5th to 8th June. Everyone from bell boy to desk manager Elina Barkey were helpful. Food was good, room was v clean. I give 9/10. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2011
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for your “Perfect” review and comments of your stay with us at the Palms Hotel & Spa. Every member of our staff is committed to providing the very best of service and care to our guests and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience. I will personally look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again and I hope you will contact me directly for assistance. Sincerely, Elena Barkey

Been to The Palms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!