“Great, resort like hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Daily Credit + Rates $179
Ranked #56 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hinsdale
“Great, resort like hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

The hotel was was great for us as it was gorgeous inside and out as ell as it had the perfect location. Far enough from Southbeach so it was peaceful, but close enough to walk to it all via boardwalk even for our 5 year old. The service at the hotel was top notch! Smiling faces everywhere! Nothing at all was a problem at this hotel, which was nice, furthermore, the food was excellent!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

This hotel is a beautiful oasis amongst the noise and some trash of miami beach. The 15-20 min walk to Lincoln Road is pleasant along the beach and we did it almost everyday we were there. There is a convenient CVS and car rentals and other major hotels. Private beach is nice and far from crowds. The walls are pretty thin but the room is spacious and comfortable. Bathroom is small but nice with a big shower. Excellent breakfast and service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

The hotel owes me $2,100. They've charged me double for rooms and fees. They told me they put a card hold on my visa to be sure everything went through and that my account would be credited within 7-10 business days. It has yet to be credited and the accounting department is never avaliable to take my calls. At this point, this hotel has stolen $2,100 of my money and has shown little interest in taking care of this matter.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

If you are looking for a place to get away from it all without breaking the bank this is the place..food...service...rooms...all wonderful.

Overall experience .better than MGM and Ritz (ATL).

There was some slight construction but it was hardly noticeable.

Just go...you won't regret it.

• Stayed March 2011
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We returned to The Palms after having first visited here two years ago. We had just as wonderful a time this year. The grounds are simply beautiful, and it was a nice surprise to see that the rooms had all been updated. They are still on the small side (we had an ocean view/king), but as we spent hardly any time inside, who cares? The bathrooms, while completely modern, are still a tad too small for comfort, and poorly lit. That was my one complaint; I actually liked having the toilet area separate from the shower/vanity.

Service was wonderful, and we thought the beach service was even more prompt and attentive than it had been on our last visit. They were doing some work on the facade, which we weren't told about, contrary to one manager's comment here on TripAdvisor, but it didn't interfere with our relaxing; we hardly noticed it.

I will say that the towel policy is a bit stingy, for such a luxurious resort. Upon check in they did not have any towel cards, and it was indicated that this wouldn't be a problem. And for 2 days it wasn't, but on the 3rd the "towel guardian" adamantly refused to give me one, even after I explained the situation. So I had to trek back to the check-in desk in my bathing suit to obtain the cards, and was given a stern lecture about the policy, again - even after I explained that the cards weren't available when we checked in. For such a lovely resort like this, the whole situation cheapened it just a bit. I would urge management to review the policy and loosen the reins a bit - $35 for a lost towel card is just a little ridiculous, when you're paying $15 for a margarita.

As to the prices - you know this going in. I see others complaining about how expensive everything is, and it is - but it's not as if the hotel is hiding this fact. It's a luxury resort, and everything - from the daily room fee to the price of cocktails - is readily available on the website. You don't go to the Palms - or the Fountainbleu, or "W" Hotel - and not expect to pay for the experience. If you don't want to, do your research and go somewhere else. We knew what to expect, and had a lovely, luxurious time. We will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

My stay at The Palms Resort & Spa was one that I will remember for all of the right reasons! My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and their team did everything they could to make us feel special. When I called the hotel to make the reservation I spoke with a gentleman who was respectful, kind and joyous. When we checked in we received the same warm welcome. And even though not all of the elevators were working our first night – we were not going to allow that to interfere with our enjoyment of our upgraded room on the penthouse floor! We took advantage of their many amenities including their fitness room and spa. The fitness room is not big but is spacious enought for multiple people to workout at that same time and not feel cramped. I liked that the cardio machines were sparate from the weights. And I must say that Jessica gave me one of the best massages I’ve ever had! I have to admit that our favorite amenity was the hammock. I don’t think that I’ve ever felt more relaxed than I did Monday evening lying in their hammock next to my husband. I write all of this to say “thank you” and a “job well done” to their staff! They have assembled an excellent team – from the front desk staff, to the valet, housekeeping, bartender and everyone in between. Excellent! I hope to return soon.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Palms is one of those hotels that has an ambience that impresses upon arrival, but then as the days go by the "A" they started with turns to a "D-".

One big complaint is the attitude of the front staff who seem to be self-impressed and project an elitist attitude. Everyone who is an hourly employee was much nicer and accommodating than those wearing snappy uniforms and shiny name tags. One experience involved WIFI internet service. WIFI was constantly dropping the signal in our ninth floor room and I spent one hour on the phone with them trying to fix their problem monitoring PINGS and packets only to see no change. When I complained to front staff two days later I was offered the use of a signal booster in exchange for a $200 deposit! So knowing that they have a problem they push resolution off onto their guests. Internet is an extra included in your resort fee, but they can't deliver internet.

We ate five meals in the restaurant and every seating was delayed because of confusion amongst the hostess staff about table availability.

We requested a large room with a view of the ocean, but strangely the largest rooms look out on the city and not the ocean.

They have a wonderful beach and great beach service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Palms Hotel & Spa. I regret to hear that you felt our level of service deminished as your stay progressed, as delivering a quality level of consistent service by each and every one of our staff is our commitment to the Palms Experience. Clearly we fell short of your expectations. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly I would love to obtain your room number on the 9th floor so that we may look into all of the internet interruptions you experienced during your stay. I hope that you will consider us for a future stay as I would love the opportunity to welcome you back for an exceedingly exceptional stay from beginning to end. Sincerely, Elena Barkey