“Marty Mueller Art Deco District -- FAB!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 145 Activities in Miami Beach
Type: Tours, Walking tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Marty & Paula offer a series of five different Art Deco walking tours throughout Miami Beach. We take you on a journey of discovery as we show you the hidden secrets and gems that our wonderful slice of paradise has to offer. Tours are personalized to give you the ultimate historic, architectural and greenspace experience -- as well all the 'back stories' from Al Capone to Miami Vice and Versace. Marty and Paula are happy to meet you at your South Beach hotel to begin your tour, and will work with any special logistical issues, such as going to/coming from a cruise ship, so that you can experience first hand what makes Miami Beach the art deco capital of the world -- even if you have limited time.
Olympia
“Marty Mueller Art Deco District -- FAB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I know Marty from his days as an overseas country director and I had the chance to take one of his Art Deco Walking Tours in South Beach Miami. (And I've been making trips to S. Fla for much of my life.) Boy did I learn a lot with continuous laughter, beautiful sights, and an extraordinarily colorful flow of rare insight from Marty! Clearly, this is a tour guide who is in his element and has worked hard to satisfy the range of expectations among tour goers. I _most_Highly_recommend this tour to anyone planning a mid-morning exploration of the So.Be. scene!!! Also, Marty's very special eating suggestion has sent me to heaven and back (although it wasn't until 10 hours later that I indulged myself there for dinner: 1957 Havana). Enjoy!

Visited April 2013

Sydney, Australia
“SOBE Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

On a recent visit to Miami, as an Art Deco Tragic, I was fortunate to join Marty's tour and learn the concise history of an uninhabited mangrove swamp turned into the renowned "Art Deco Capital of the World", as it is known today. We were introduced to the exterior and interior of the hotels in SOBE, where the architectural style was explained in detail, the locations where movies had been made and the residences of some very famous people. Thank you Marty, I will be recommending your tour to my fellow Australians.

Narelle Lambert, Art Deco Society, Sydney Australia - April 10, 2013

Visited March 2013
Marty M, Owner at Art Deco Walks with Marty and Paula - Private Tours, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Paula and I are always extremely honored when visitors who know a lot about Art Deco already choose our company to guide them through the wonders of Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road. This reviewer, active in the Art Deco Society of Sydney, Australia, was on her way to the biannual Art Deco World Congress, held this year in Havana. The challenge for us, the owners of the company (and the only people who will ever be your guides) is to inform and delight seasoned clients, such as this one, who bring so much to the tour. Clearly, we are succeeding in excellent fashion, so why don't you "come walk with us" and find out for yourselves all the great things that our tours have to offer!
perth,wa
5 attraction reviews
“Flexible walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arranged our walking tour by email with Paula. She was very flexible and arranged a tour time to suit us. The tour was fantastic, Paula was very knowledgeable and pitched her info to us perfectly. Unfortunately because of the time of the year (busy spring break) we couldn't have access to many hotel lobbies or rooftops but Paula still provided an excellent tour. We had our 5month old infant with us in a stroller and Paula was very flexible when we had parenting duties! We learnt a great deal from Paula on art deco and the history of the area. Highly recommend Paula as a tour guide.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Marvelous Marty Art Deco Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

From beginning to end, the walking tour was outstanding! It included the history of Miami and Miami Beach, elements of Art Deco Architecture, and viewing the interiors and exteriors of several buildings! Marty's sense of humor is superb!! Don't miss this tour!!

“Walking tour of south beach deco architecture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely tour of the buildings on Ocean Avenue in South Beach with Paula as my guide. Paula is well informed, well spoken and is just easy to listen to. Her knowledge of the history of the deco period is fascinating and extensive. Marty gave my small group a tour of The New World Symphony and he was also easy and pleasant to listen to and learn from. I highly recommend Paula and Marty to anyone that wants a customized tour of Miami Beach and anywhere they offer tours. I will hire them again for sure.

Linda M.