“Ocean Drive tour with Marty was terrific!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 145 Activities in Miami Beach
Type: Tours, Walking tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Marty & Paula offer a series of five different Art Deco walking tours throughout Miami Beach. We take you on a journey of discovery as we show you the hidden secrets and gems that our wonderful slice of paradise has to offer. Tours are personalized to give you the ultimate historic, architectural and greenspace experience -- as well all the 'back stories' from Al Capone to Miami Vice and Versace. Marty and Paula are happy to meet you at your South Beach hotel to begin your tour, and will work with any special logistical issues, such as going to/coming from a cruise ship, so that you can experience first hand what makes Miami Beach the art deco capital of the world -- even if you have limited time.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ocean Drive tour with Marty was terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I highly recommend Marty's tour. He is very knowledgeable & got us into hotel lobbies and roof-top bars that I am sure we never would have seen, much less known about. There were only four of us on the tour which made it more personal and easy to get around during the busy month of March. My friend & I are both members of the Art Deco society, she in her home country of Australia & me in Washington, DC, so we know a bit about the architectural style. Neither of us had ever been to South Beach before & Marty's tour was the perfect thing to do for our short stay there. His tour of Lincoln Road was booked the next day, but he gave us what to look for and we followed his advice to a T. Judy

Visited March 2013
Marty M, Owner at Art Deco Walks with Marty and Paula - Private Tours, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Marty & Paula are always super flattered when Art Deco gurus make their first pilgrimage to Miami Beach and choose our company to guide them through the tropical wonders of Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road. This duo, one from Sydney, Australia, and the other from Washington, DC, are regulars on the architectural circuit but some how had never made it to South Beach (in fact, they were transiting, on their way to the annual International Art Deco Conference in Havana). They were thrilled with their tour with us, from the pastel exteriors, to the rich interiors, to the hedonistic rooftops! Come walk with us, and you will be, too!

“Marty's Ocean Drive tour was awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I just experienced Marty's Ocean Drive tour. I really enjoyed it. I have been staying in Miami Beach for the winter for several years, but taking this tour helps me to appreciate the Art Deco design and the history of the beautiful hotels. He is very knowledgable and very interesting. I would highly recommend this tour!!

“Great Day in South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Took this Tour yesterday. Arranged by my Art Club. What a pleasant surprise. Even though I thought I was familiar with South Beach history and architecture, Paula provided lots of insights and information. She was totally charming and friendly. A great guide I would recommend her and Marty without hesitation. Even her lunch recommendation hit the spot.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“South Beach High”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

After many winter visits to South Beach and several South Beach tours accompanying friends, our tour with Marty brought my appreciation of this unique area to a whole new level. He has the facts, the humor and the intelligence that make for a great tour guide. He oriented us with clear key points of political, social and architectural history, but not an overload. No wasted time, no fumbling with papers. He's tops.

Visited March 2013
Tallinn, Estonia
“Eye opener...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

There was a before the tour and after. A real eye opener. Not only we strongly recommend this tour but it better be done early in your trip to Miami beach. We just learned so much about the place history, people, architecture, design. Marty started asking questions about us and reused that info to personalise the tour. Many thanks Marty for an entertaining, interesting Tour. A&L

Visited February 2013
Marty M, Owner at Art Deco Walks with Marty and Paula - Private Tours, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
loves all the international visitors that we get to squire aound the Art Deco wonders of South Beach, and this couple (she, Estonia; he, Morocco) was no exception. We always begin, as the reviewer correctly notes, finding out a bit about our clients so we can better custome-make the tour experience for them. Some folks, it turns out, have actually lived in art deco homes! We then follow-up the tour with emailed "art deco highlights", which help remind people of the details of the buildings we looked at during their tour, and we even have a list of Marty & Paula's "restaurant picks" which we email to clients while they are here (or before they arrive) to help guide the choices of where to eat. We want to make each tour experience absolutely as delightful as we possibly can and, according to our reviews, we are succeeding!