“Stay here if you have low funds but want to be in the mix.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Aqua Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Aqua Hotel and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #179 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Stay here if you have low funds but want to be in the mix.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in June. The place served it purpose and the purpose was to sleep there. No extras at all. Very basic

Pros: Nice location and wonderful
staff. Helped me when the cab could not find the hotel. Water pressure in shower was great!

Cons: very basic. Bed small tv with few cable channels. Poor lighting. No a/c

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stood here last weekend and honestly it was by far the worse hotel I stayed at. Room was hot. They have better AC in lobby. I thought we were the paying customer, not the employees. Toilet didn't flush. Lights didn't work because light bulbs needed to be replaced. She switched our room for the same piece of garbage. When it rains the place floods so if you're going out of hotel make sure you wear swimming shoes. Overall a very uncomfortable stay. Btw, beware of the cement bag that sits in front of door when going to your room. Garbage!!!!!

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

If you pay cheap you will get a cheap room, so do not coplain if you are paying cheap. This Hotel is a very Cheap Hotel and nly have what you need, they room is average the service is poor but friendly, you cannot control de A/C, the WI-FI is free and it has a good signal. The rrom is not very good clean in fact the housekeeping made the cleaning of your room in 5 min, so do not spect more, the shower makes a lot of noise and the hotel have a papaer walls you can hear everything.

However it has a good location is near of Ocean Drive, Lincon RD and Washintong AV, is a nice Hotel at the outside, in the afternoons and morning is very quiet.

The continental breakfast has coffe and bread no do not spect a big breakfast.

I really recommend this Hotel if only you will goes to sleep, I spend 3 nights with my boyfriend and everything was good because we just slept there, if you want a service and room of 5 stars go and pay a more expensive Hotel, do not complain if you want pay cheap.

Room Tip: Do not come with car you will have a fee $20USD per day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

To be specific me & my boyfriend stayed in a "deluxe suite"(218). First thing that sucked is that we couldn't control the ac and the room was ridiculously HOT we asked front desk to turn it down and they said they couldn't!! Then we couldn't open the door with the key they gave us we went down to tell them, and all they said was "don't force it" so we came back and tried for like 20 more minutes after that we went back down to tell them again them the guy came with another key and said I think the knob is broken. This is where it gets worse he then opened the window to the room and my boyfriend jumped in to open the door! How could anyone sleep after that knowing anyone can open the windows as they please!! The toilets after you flush them they make a really loud beeping sound for like 30 minutes and if it doesn't make that noise the water runs for like 15 minutes and from the looks of it our bathroom wasn't the only one that made noice because we could hear the other bathrooms make the same noice. The bathroom is disgustingly dirty, the knobs to turn on the sink Kept falling off when we would turn on the sink you had to Screw it back on to turn the sink off. The bed squeaks terribly. Oh and the "continental breakfast" it's just toast, with jelly, coffee and oj. It should not be called a suite! I would never stay here again DO NOT be fooled by the pictures on their website it looks nothing like that! Motel 6 is heavenly compared to this dump!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here and wow what a delight it was! The hotel staff was very nice and helpful to my girlfriend and I greeting us when we came in and left everyday. The hotel its self was clean and had awesome water pressure in the shower. Also it is located in great place right on Collins Ave centrally located to all great attractions in Miami. Another big plus as well was the Wi-Fi. It was nice to know that I could use my laptop to look up restaurants around South Beach and also right this review! Overall it was a very nice stay that had great location/access, Wi-Fi, cleanliness, and continental breakfast! I will be staying here again on my next trip to Miami!!

Room Tip: Any room at Aqua is a great room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

THe Aqua hotel has a lot going for it. It is in a great location right in the middle of South Beach and a short walk to the beach. The hotel staff is so helpful and friendly ask them for anything and they will do everything they can for you. The Breakfast set up in the lobby makes it feel like home all warm and cozy; such a nice touch! The rooms were clean, simple, modern and best of all quiet! The beds were big and comfy. They also had a fridge sick and microwave which was nice because we got hungry in the middle of the night. They have great fast internet as well which was a also great plus. I would defiantly recommend this to my friends! Great find, Great price!

Room Tip: Ask to see maybe two rooms before choosing one, they will let you look at some to pick from.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

It's a simple cozy not 5 stars but for sure is very nice and very well attended, is a hotel with the amenities you need for a quiet and pleasant stay, your people are the best always with a smile and ready to work in all ... highly recommended for those who want to be in the center of Miami Beach.

GREEN1671, General Manager at Aqua Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Hello Mari...I hope all is well.and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us The feedback on our staff members is greatly appreciated and I'll make sure to pass this on to the entire staff. thanks again

Been to Aqua Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!