“My stay at Red South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Red South Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #91 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“My stay at Red South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It was a good time overall i went down with my girlfriend so most of the time wasant really spent in the hotel room. The location does not work to your advantage if you plan on spending alot of time on south beach and lincoln rd like i did . I spend a truckload of cash on cabs daily. The shower did not have and medium level temperature it was either you scortched or froze . The pool is not as nice as advertized on pictures

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

When they say petite room, they mean it. My husband and I stayed for 4 days 3 nights and the room was very clean, the bed super soft. The a/c could not be changed so it stayed cold in our room. The check in process was great, the hotel was really nice. The pool could use a cleaning. We did not use the lounge chairs but did enjoy the complementary drinks. The hotel is a good 30 min walk from everything, but we enjoyed the sites aand being away from it all. I would stay at the Red South Beach Hotel again.

• Stayed January 2015
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked the hotel directly through the website. Their own website generally has a discount which you cannot get if you book through other websites. Firstly, I like planning things in advance. I sent an email to the hotel to confirm the best way to reach the hotel and any other activities that I may go for. I waited for 4 days and didn't get any reply. Further to this I was charged a random amount on my credit card from some hotel in Cuba. I called the hotel and was greeted by a lady. She did say that they had received my e mail and said I would get a reply soon (which I never got). When I inquired about the charge, I was put on hold for about 7 minutes (international call) and was finally told that they had a hotel in Cuba and the charge may be through them but I need to call a different number to check. I called the other number only to be put on hold. Finally I lost interest. I took the bus from the airport. The hotel was a 5 minute walk from the bus stop. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who even gave us VIP passes (which allow you to enter for free rather than pay $5 cover charge)to the local Mango club. There's a lift to the room. The bed was well made up but the toilet had pubic hair. The shower was dirty. it was already late in the evening and I couldn't bother changing the room. The air conditioning was ok but in no way cool. The thermostat was set at around 19 and wouldn't go below than that. The room was probably the noisiest room I have ever stayed in. I was close to the lift and it was a nightmare sleeping. Next morning I complained about the cleanliness. When I came back in the evening, the bed was clean but the floor wasn't probably vacuumed. it still had some hair left over by probably the previous guest. The beach is opposite to the hotel but that's not the real 'nice' beach. the good part starts a good 30 minutes walk. i was told that the main area Block 15 on wards are only a 15-20 minute walk by the receptionist. Don't in any account be fooled. I am a reasonable walker. There is no way possible that it can take less than 45 minutes. There are no nice restaurants nearby. i would rather pay more money and stay closer to the happening places. Not recommended by me for sure.

Room Tip: Don't have a room near the lift and be persistent on getting the room cleaned properly
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and a couple of friends stayed over at Red for the holidays and we are so glad that Miami is our first stop cause Red just made our stay so memorable!

Arrived at about 5pm and we had our bags taken care of by some bellmen immediately. They were friendly, polite and tried to render all assistance possible. Oslo (I believe was his name) took care of us right from the start. There was a mix up during check in as we booked for 2 rooms but he settled that right away with a smile.

Room was as pictured in their website. Really clean and spacious with comfy bed. The only complain was that our shower water power was really low. It was just a small stream even though we had it on to the maximum. We told the front desk the next day but nothing changed when we returned. It was too much of a hassle to change rooms so we just let it be as it is although it was a pain to shower.

Beach was just across the street, with some food places and a grocery store as well. So location was awesome.

Overall, it was a good stay and if I'm coming back to Miami, the Red would definitely be my choice!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a higher room for the view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Cool boutique French hotel. We stayed here with my wife and daughter and had a great time. They have a nice pool and it's a short walk to the beach. Very quite area. Red and white design all over and cool atmosphere. We liked their chandeliers and lobby and nice small couture designs.

Stayed May 2014
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband used to live across the street, catty corner, to Red South Beach Hotel. Back when he was 'up in this hood' there were renovations going on. He is quite pleased with the result. This was my first trip to Miami and I am impressed with their service level.

Decorations:
This is art deco. It is wonderful! If you are a fan of primary colors, particularly red, this is the place for you. The lobby, restaurant and pool areas are red, white and black. The hallways are where you see patterns. I love their little "egg chair" contest. If you can take a unique photo in the egg chair you can win 40% off your next stay. Pose in the egg chair! They also have an egg cabana poolside. Please be forewarned that the egg cabana is deceptively comfortable and we fell asleep in it one evening. It is also deceptively large.

Amenities & Amusements:
If you imbibe libations then please be advised that every day from 5-7 there is a happy hour during which you're given a free drink of the day. Please remember to tip your bartender for your free drink, though. It will be your pleasure as everyone is quite nice. they remember your preferences and are simply delightful people. I will state, that the lovely staff makes up for the wifi being on the spotty side.

Likewise, they also have a concierge counter for you to book any tours you'd like. Furthermore, this is where you go to get your free beach chairs and towels before you hoof it across Collins to get onto the beach. You will find plenty of places to get free spa water around the lobby. This comes in handy given you're in south Florida.

Parking - if you don't need a car don't get one because parking does not appear to be available. You're a 10 minute drive from the airport. Plus, if you walk about 15 minutes north there are several brand name car rental offices so don't sweat parking. Actually, if you walk 20 minutes north & 20 minutes south you'll see a great deal of South Beach's gorgeous art deco buildings. One block east and not only are you on the beach but you can stroll up and down the boardwalk. If you walk one block west you can stroll along the Inter-Coastal Waterway. Ocean avenue is also a hop & skip away.

Food:
Their selections are nifty! We had room service and had generous yet tasty portions. Please note, there is no need to order delivery - such as you might in Memphis when the kitchen is closed. There were multiple notices stating that delivery from external organizations is not reliable. If you want to check out local flavor, pun intended, there are wonderful places within a few paces -eg the market at the Triton. Also, the staff can direct you to multiple places. I hear tell it is best to avoid 2-for-1 drink specials along Ocean Avenue. They are really only economical for someone who can walk a straight line after blowing a 0.08 on a breathalyzer. If you cannot consume mass quantities of libations this is not for you.

The Room:
We stayed in 706 on the top floor. We had a perfectly angled view of the ocean! We were directly above the pool. It was simple and lean - red & white. We had a cute little mirrored closet beside the sassy little bathroom. It is about the size of our bedroom at home but we were surprised to discover a kitchenette across from the closet! My husband is a tad spartan and insisted on preparing his own breakfast daily and was able to do it right there. I had room service.

Cleanliness:
Superb! That is the upside to having the rooms be mainly white! It can't get too dirty without being obvious.

Value:
We booked in November for January and paid $107/night plus daily facility fee of $12.50. That beats some 'bargain' chain hotel & motel prices. This was unique and has a spirit that chains lack. This was an excellent value.

Please note, I did a lot of traveling as a single woman. I must say that I would have felt perfectly safe here had I been alone.

We are hoping to win the Egg Contest for our next visit here!

Room Tip: Room 701 is the only one that has a balcony on the PH level per a staff member. Room 706 has an oce...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Tallinn, Estonia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first time in Miami and we were really excited about it.

We arrived at Hotel Red around 11 a.m. and could not get a room as C/I time was around 14:00, which was totally OK.

The rooms:

Once we checked-in and entered the room, there was some sort of perfume prayed all over the room. The smell was horrible, and specially for an allergic person as my wife. After calling the reception we got the room replaced. The new room was fine. If you have choice of either the road or the backyard, then do choose the road side to Collins avn, because the view to the back side of the hotel view out of the window will not make you feel very pleasant. Although the interior looks ok from the first look, but when you start looking closed you can see that a lot of things are broken. The shower did not work properly (i did not start complaining about this). and for the people who like thing being really clean, then you might like to check the room before checking-in.

The service:

I am happy when the service is done with a little extra effort and you can see that the staff is really happy to have you there and help you with whatever you need. But in this hotel it did not seem so. I have encountered two receptionists during my stay and both of them did not seem honest and helpful. By the C/O the wanted me to pay for bottled I did not drink. I did not have to pay for it in the end but still felt horrible. They knew that we were a honeymoon couple and nobody said anything to us about it, ANYTHING. Its ok, it didnt ruin our trip :) , but things like this really sometimes cheer you up even more. In addition, some hotel just avoid saying the word "NO", but in this hotel it was like the only word we heard. (I asked for a wine opener at the bar and they said "No" because it is the only wine opener in the hotel). The receptionist said that we can have a welcoming drink by arrival and he saw tha we were tired, so thanked him and said i will come back later.. I came later and he said that I was late for an hour and now he cannot give me this complimentary drink.......... it is not big deal, but there "no no no" everywhere started to annoy at one point.

Conclusion:

Hotel was not very welcoming (or maybe it is just us). We did have fun in Miami, but we could have a better one if the hotel would have been better. I would not go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: The best rooms are with the view to Collins Av. Road. Just because of the view. Though it might not...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!