“Could be good.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Beverly Hills, California
“Could be good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good - Close to Beach
Cool vib
Clean, but I was in room 204. The window is so dirty I could not see the pool just below.
BAD - Resort Fee - $17 resort fee. IT'S NOT A RESORT! They should call it. We are screwing you charge. Just add $17 to the price you quote people.
Restaurant (Don't Do It)
Valet $30. 15 minute wait.
Front Desk - 3 trips, twice with no one there.
WiFi is joke. So slow you can't even check weather.

Room Tip: I was in 204. It should have been the best room. It's is just over the pool. But the window is s...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is really nice with pretty cool decor. I stayed on the 6th floor so I had a good view of Collins Ave. The rooms were very clean and fairly sizeable and the cleaning crew did a fine job of keeping my room clean everyday. Also, the shower head glowing from green, to blue, to red to indicate the temperature of the water was really neat. I've never seen that before.

The location is a little further out from the main hot spots in South Beach but I had no problems walking to get wherever I needed. The beach is located right across the street which is something you can't beat. The bar was a good place to hang and the bartenders were great, friendly people. Free drinks from 7-8 pm, remember that!

Complimentary breakfast every morning. They give you vouchers when you check-in and you have a choice of eggs, bacon and toast which is free or everything on the menu at 50% off. Not too shabby. Although, I tried the steak and eggs from the menu one morning and the steak was a little rough. I'm not the one to complain much but if you are, then don't order that dish.

There's a few problems though. One being construction. I've read other reviewers complain about this..and while it's not too much of a problem (and not the fault of the Red Hotel), it's a minor inconvenience.

The bathrooms are a little small as there's not much space between the toilet and the shower. I had to do a side step in order to get in the shower. Weird. Also, the elevators are kind of slow so if you're impatient, you may want to take the stairs. Also, the wifi may or may not work. You can always connect to the Palms instead. They have slightly better wifi connection.

The day I checked in was fine but the overnight, front desk crew didn't seem too pleased with being there. The day crew seemed more enthused and ready to help a customer. I asked the guy from the night crew (can't remember his name) for an early 5 am wake up call, which never happened. Luckily, I woke up on my own or I would have missed the airport shuttle and ultimately would have missed my flight. Not a huge deal though.

I would definitely stay here again. You can't beat the price and the location. You would be hard-pressed to find anything better.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

First and foremost, when we pulled up to the front of the hotel, the valet attendants were not there to greet us, we had to leave our hazard lights on and go into the hotel to ask someone to take our car before even checking in, which they did very rudely after leaving the back room rubbing their eyes by telling us it was $29 a day, it wasn't included in the hotel cost. We asked what the alternative was and they shook their head telling us there weren't any "pay it or find street parking" was what we were told. We parked about 4 blocks away, and had to drag our luggage down the street after about 5 hours of travel time. We were told breakfast was included with vouchers, when we asked for breakfast they gave us cold eggs, one slice of bacon and one slice of bread. We went to our car to find we had two tickets : one for $18 & another for $23. We then proceeded to move our car to find yet another parking spot because of the ridiculous valet costs. We came home after hitting a few clubs to no parking of course so asked to valet our car. The front desk clerk didn't even look up from what he was doing and mumbled "there's no space, find on street parking". How are you offering valet and then tell the guests you have no space ? He then became more loud and voice was aggressive and told us "I won't tell you again, we have no parking, you gotta wait until noon tomorrow until someone checks out!" Again parked on street, then finally got to valet my car after I woke up at 6am to move it. We brought food back to the hotel, wanted to heat it up and were told that there was no microwave whatsoever anywhere and that we should proceed to Subway down the street to try there. When we managed to heat our food we asked to borrow silverware which they declined. The front desk clerk for this shift proceeded to again, not even make eye contact and tell me "I heard you ask already, we don't have any, goodbye" I asked to speak to the manager several times which they told me she was on vacation which everyday was extended again and again. No one was able to accommodate us at all for absolutely anything. Happy hour at the bar, is 2 for 1...not complimentary drinks like they sell it to be. Just a horrible experience, this place should be run differently !!!

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Danny is the greatest bartender in the world seriously not playing. SERIOUSLY!

Class act everything there after many things can be said about him but nothing can compare to him the service was amazing the booze was great and the people were fun all because of Danny

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Gold Coast Queensland Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

stayed 2 nights here and was pleasantly surprised by the bright red decor. Very comfortable room and the traffic noise was not a problem. A short walk to the beach, and there is a local supermarket and Subway quite close. Reception staff were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Charlie P, Charlie the Concierge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear collviic:

Greetings from sunny Miami Beach. Thank you for taking the time to write about our boutique hotel, RED South Beach. We are delighted you enjoyed our helpful staff, close proximity to the beach and modern décor. We would love to have you return when your travel plans bring you back to South Florida. Until then, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter @RedSouthBeach to stay in tune with the happenings at RED.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good hotel great staff and food,small pool and no hot tub. Room was good good beds,possibly only negative was thin walls,but didnt keep us up. Centrally located and maybe 500 -1000ft to beach. Overall a great experience

Room Tip: if there are rooms on backside might be less street noise
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear John C:

Thank you for your GREAT review of RED South Beach. Located just across the street from the beautiful sands of Miami Beach, RED offers guests chic, comfortable accommodations and friendly, cheerful staff. Our comfy beds are made locally here in our Magic City to our own RED South Beach Hotel specifications. A comfortable bed is such a wonderful thing, however bed comfort is highly subjective and individual tastes vary so dramatically that achieving a great level of comfort is always challenging. It has taken us several years and many trials to find the right specifications for our mattresses and we are happy to hear that our efforts scored a home run with you. We welcome your return to RED. Please contact us directly to make your next reservation concierge@redsouthbeach.com
Bradford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Red Hotel Dec 5, 2014. Our plane arrived very early in the morning.
The front desk was very obliging to store our bags and allow us to use the facilities until our room was ready.
We were able to have a nap on the very comfortable padded lounge chairs near the pool and the weather was great.
Parking is always a pain in South Beach and although the hotel valet parking is expensive, ($30) it is peace of mind.
The hotel is a long walk to the actual south beach strip - 45 min to 1 hr.
For us this worked out well - after eating and drinking we needed a walk.
The hotel is walking distance to the beach - cross the street.
Beach towels and beach chairs are readily available from the hotel for no extra cost.

The decor is so South Beach - very thematic: something out of an old movie: quite cute and still classy.
My room was more than sufficient - the space was very well used. It included a fridge, TV, tub and shower, safe and coffee machine with coffee.
Be careful with the beach towels they provide: while they are free you will be given a towel card to get your towel: when you return the towel you will get your card back to give to the front desk at check out
There is a charge for losing the towel card - that is pretty standard in most resorts.

Everyone working at the hotel was pleasant and more than willing to help you with whatever you needed.
I would definitely stay there again for the right deal.

Because I found a really good deal online I would say it's good value.
As with all South Beach hotels, the regular rates are high.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!