“Good Enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
CT
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Cute hotel. Very small rooms. No control over the air conditioning so it was a little warm, but bearable. We had breakfast by the pool which was actually very nice. It's a solid 30 minute walk down to Ocean Drive, but a very pretty walk down the beach boardwalk so we didn't mind. Jeremy at the front desk was friendly and very helpful.

2 big negatives -
1. No parking/no valet. Not a big deal if you don't have a car but trying to find street parking was a nightmare. Be prepared to have to hike to your car.
2. Construction in surrounding hotels. Right across the street there is major construction on 2 different hotels which was a big bummer. Not relaxing to sit by the pool and listen to that.

Overall a good hotel for the price assuming you're not planning on hanging out there too much and will be exploring South Beach. I would consider going back, but not for a few years until I'm sure the construction will be finished.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RED_Concierge, Concierge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Asheley: Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge RED and our friendly
staff. We are glad that you enjoyed breakfast poolside and the stroll down
the boardwalk to Ocean Drive.

We apologize for the inconvenience of construction in the surrounding
hotels. We are in the hotbed of the action here on Miami Beach and look
forward to welcoming our new neighbors providing increased activities and
options for guests in our area.

I am happy to announce that we will be offering valet service at the hotel beginning 1 March, which will alleviate the challenge of finding a spot. Street Parking at just $10/ day remains the most economical parking solution on the beach.

It would be our honor to host you again soon, should your travels return you
to South Beach please contact us directly concierge@redsouthbeach.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Lets keep this simple. I've stayed at many 3 star hotels and the Red South Beach is far from it. This is a situation where you try to save a few bucks and you end up regretting it, hence "you pay for what you get."

The lobby looks nice, but once you walk into the elevator, get ready to cover your nose b/c that's where the mustiness begins.

Exit the elevator and the hallway looks decent however, the lack of ac / ventilation creates an environment where "musty" thrives.

Enter my room and too my surprise, the mustiness was gone! But wait, don't get too excited. Open the door to the tiny bathroom and guess what, there he is, Mr Musty. This time musty had a friend, and his name was old urine.

Seriously, people. It was pretty bad. We had to stop by walgreens to buy a plug in air freshener to make it bearable.

Final thought. You know a hotel tries to skimp out on their furnishings when they purchase a Dynex TV for their rooms.

Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RED_Concierge, Conceirge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for writing about your recent visit to RED South Beach Hotel. We are saddened by the details of your stay as we strive to make each guest welcomed and comfortable here. We have addressed your concerns with our Housekeeping Manager and thank you for your valued opinion. Please allow us a second chance to show you a true RED SOUTH BEACH experience. Should you wish to discuss further, please email us concierge@redsouthbeach.com.
Tequesta, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Red for my girlfriends birthday weekend was amazing. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff were helpful and courteous. The poolside breakfast was a great place to plan our daily excursions around the city. Will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RED_Concierge, Concierge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for spending your special weekend with us at RED! We are delighted that you had an amazing time in our Magic City. We agree, poolside breakfast at Barok is the best and thank you for acknowledging our hard working team members' effort in making your stay a great one. Please send us your #EGGChair photos to concierge@redsouthbeach.com for your chance to win 40% off your next stay. We look forward to your return!
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at RED three times and consistently find it to be a superb experience. This boutique hotel is super cool and chic without the pretention. The staff is warm and helpful and you can tell the management team focuses on training their employees to a high (ie: Ritz level) standard. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are renovated and extremely clean. The location is convenient to all that South Beach has to offer. I look forward to my next trip to South Beach and will again choose RED as my destination hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We LOVE excellent! Thank you for the compliments on our warm staff and comfy beds. It is an honor to receive this recognition. We are delighted that you had superb repeated experience with us and look forward to you spending your next visit to Miami Beach at RED South Beach Hotel. Don't forget to post or email your #EGGChair photos and contact us directly for your next stay. concierge@redsouthbeach.com
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is my second stay in a year as I attended a convention. My visit this year was disappointing. While the breakfast was included I didn't know until after the fact that I selected an item that wasn't one of two selections inclusive. The waitress shrugged. The server to guest ratio was poor. The room had ants on the end table by the bed. I complained. A front desk clerk apologized and shrugged. I asked for the manager's name to call. He never offered to do anything. I'll also contact the Miami Dade Health Dept. I had to ask for a second set of towels - three times. The pillows are foam. I asked for feather. They didn't respond - three times. When I return next year I'll go elsewhere. I'm not sure the hotel or its management will care.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We are certainly saddened by the details of your recent visit as we strive to make every guest's stay a memorable one. Breakfast at Barok is included in some special reservations and our guests have three daily options to choose from including a bread basket with one of our famous croissants, eggs and bacon or 50% off any regular priced menu item. We are sorry you were disappointed by these options. Moreover, we apologize for the foam pillow, but due to prevalent guest allergies, we do not have any feather pillows on property. I am eager to discuss any further details of your visit with you directly concierge@redsouthbeach.com. We would be honored if you were to give us another opportunity in the future.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My girls friends and I stayed at The Red for a bachelorette weekend of fun. The decor is beautiful when you first approach the lobby. Front desk check in was smooth and everyone was friendly. The ice water infused with lemons is a great touch in the lobby by the elevators, yummy! Our room was a double and spacious enough for three people. Location was convenient. Close enough to all the fun without being crowded into all the traffic by Ocean Drive. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely consider staying there again on the future! Thank you!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for noting our ideal location, right in the heart of Miami Beach just minutes from the craziness of Ocean Drive. It sounds like you and your friends made the most of our little paradise; we thank you for acknowledging our friendly team members. We are delighted that you had a memorable Bachelorette Weekend and look forward to seeing your #EGGChair photos.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I only had one night to spend in Miami. I researched a lot of hotels. I found a good discount for Red and the price was competitive with the lower end, unsafe looking hotels.

This hotel was a much different experience from chain hotels. The decor was amazing! The staff was helpful and printed event tickets for us from the front desk. They held our luggage after we checked out, and even allowed us to check out a little bit late. (One disappointment was that I emailed the hotel a few times prior to my arrival with questions but they went unanswered).

The bed was so comfortable that I just melted into it until morning. (We had a king bed).

We ordered room service from Barok. The bruschetta was so good that I had it again the next day.

The pool area was a nice place to sit; and the beach is right across the street, with an endless boardwalk.

The street is loud and busy, and someone ripped through on a motorcycle in the wee hours setting off a bunch of car alarms. I'm assuming this is the big-city/Miami atmosphere though.

Contrary to the beliefs of an earlier reviewer; this building is obviously old so you're going to see dinged up door frames and some wear and tear in places. That's just character, not neglect.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and wish Miami was in my travel plans again so I could go back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!