“Dont let the nice pictures fool you!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Red South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Red South Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #90 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Key West, Florida
“Dont let the nice pictures fool you!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

So me and my fiancé after looking at the pictures of this place finally decided to book it, and at first when you walk in it is nice, but when you get to the room, its kind of disappointing. First of all our room was not even in the hallway like everyone else, it was outside by fire escape stairs. The room it self was small but that did not bother us, what bothered us was the fact that it wasn't that clean, like you could see that the base boards all dusty and the shower was not so clean as well, and the main thing, after we use the sink I noticed that the water didn't go down that well and would just sit there, so I tried to move to stopper thinking that that was the problem but as it turned out the drain was FULL with hair, used band aids and God knows what else, just DISCUSTING! I wanted how the housekeeper cleans it doesn't she wash it out with water???? If she would she would see that the water doesn't go down. Anyway, the pool area, pretty nasty, in the morning at breakfast time you sit right in front of it and look how the pool guy put all the bleach and chemicals in it as you eat breakfast, totally kills your appetite and desire to take a swim.
One good thing I must say that the bead was clean and comfortable, thank God for that. This place got potential but it needs to be maintained better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The staff were not attentive, sometimes nowhere to be found. The elevators are raggedy and the bathrooms are tiny. I would only come back here if I couldn't get a room somewhere else. We spent a lot of money traveling in taxis to get to the strip.

• Stayed July 2013
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy stay at our hotel. Thank you for your business, and I hope that I will have a chance to speak with you directly and help turn your negative experience into a more positive resolution. I am at your disposal to discuss your experience please contact me at Miriam@redsouthbeach.com.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great location and lovely pool. We throughly enjoyed our time here....helpful and friendly staff (Charlie, Nury, Anton and Ozbel in particular) and great food. Really liked the idea of the welcome drink every evening too! The decor was funky and impressive. I'd highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again should I go back to Miami.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Great! We are excited that you enjoyed your time at Red South Beach. We agree that we have a Rock Star Team. We will make sure that they are aware of your positive feedback. Our Welcome Drink is definitely the way to get your evening started. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for many more memories of the Magic City.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My partner and I arrived late in the evening and were greeted by the Welcome staff. (who automatically took all of our luggage and bags off our hands) The front desk person was very nice, quick, and personable.... I was absolutely stunned by the decor, I had never seen anything quite like it. Everything was bright and clean and comfortable, from our rooms to the lobby to the pool area. But what really made our trip was the excellent service in the bar/resturaunt area. Johnny and Antwon (the servers) were very inviting and professional. They made us feel genuinely included in conversation and whatever else was going on. I would definitely recommend for anyone looking to stay here whether you're by yourself, a couple or family. Thank you for such a positive experience!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your stellar review! Thank you for recognizing our Red Hot Team members: Welcome Team, Reception, Johnny and Antwon. We are about providing outstanding service, and love taking care of our guests. We can't wait to welcome you both back to the Magic City soon.
Devonport, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfy with one of the best showers ive experienced :) Very funky decor. Staff were helpful and friendly would definitely stay here again. Close to South Beach and easy to find!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our funky décor and friendly staff. We look forward to your return to relax, rejuvenate and escape the Red South Beach way.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel was very nice - accommodating at every turn, very nice decor, nice pool, nice restaurant with outstanding waitress, Maria - exceptional concierge, Charlie - although I wish the hotel had a parking garage rather than dealing with feeding the meter hourly from 8am-6pm including weekends and holidays. They offered towels for the pool and beach chairs for the beach right across the street. Overall, an amazing experience and highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nice! We are delighted that you enjoyed all the hotel amenities. We agree our team members Maria and Charlie provide outstanding service for our guests. We hope to have back to Red South Beach for another amazing experience.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four days at Red South. I could not have been happier with either the standard of accommodation or the service of all the staff. I had read negative things about parking but arrived to find you can park a few streets away in a lot or on the street for ten dollars a day - no overnight charge.

The hotel is a bright and cheerful place. There is a complimentary drink every evening and the breakfast was also very good. Ours was included in our booking. From the next street back you can take a bus to South beach for two dollars or go to Aventura Mall for the same price. The hotel is across the street from a well maintained boardwalk and there is a supermarket two streets away.

I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to any of my friends or family and indeed I intend doing so upon my return to Belfast. Well done Red South.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your recent experience at Red South Beach. We are delighted that we made your experience in Miami memorable. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the hotel amenities. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!