“Memorial weekend” 3 of 5 stars

You added Red South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Red South Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #90 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Memorial weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is a block from the each you cant see the ocean from the room but its very close. The restaurant is really expensive but so is the rest of miami. Gratuity is automatically added to everything. The rooms are small. The hotel lobby looks really nice and fancy. To south beach where the bars its about at 20-25 min walk or 15-20 blocks. Beware memorial weekend is hip hop festival i didn't know until i arrived. Very different miami. Loved it once the festival was over!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
Aalst, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A very good hotel with a loungy "ambience" in a quieter part of Miami Beach. Spacious renovated rooms with a red and white touch. Nice restaurant with good food (breakfast and dinner). Very friendly service at the reception and in the restaurant.
We loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have a nice view to the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We greatly appreciate you taking your time to provide us your feedback. We offer an escape from the hustle and bustle of SoBe. This is only a ten minute taxi ride away. We are please that you enjoy the spacious accommodations we offer. We agree that Barok offers delicious meals. Thank you for recognize our hard working team members. Their love for what they do shines through. We hope to welcome you back to Red South Beach soon. If I may be of assistance on your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com .
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

If this wonderful lady has anything to do with your vacation, it will be amazing at least. She went out of her way every free second she could to ensure that we had a great trip, she even gave us her cell phone number so we could text minor and last minute questions. She refilled our parking meter on the side street while we were enjoying the Florida Keys, who goes out of there way like that anymore?! Our toilet broke in our room, and maintenance couldn't even fix it. He told us "No Solids and no Toilet Paper!". . .we were on a 5 night vacation, you need a toilet. So we called the front desk and who answered? Charlie! She gave us a new room and sent a bellman within 4 minutes, and it was even an upgrade! The decor of the hotel is definitely Neo-Baroque with accents of red and is very well done for the look they are going for! The staff overall is wonderful, they even kept the complimentary orange water full for my boyfriend, who is a little obsessed with it! Luke (General Manager), you need to give Charlie a raise, and from the look of there other reviews, this kind of service is standard for her, but exceptional for clientele. As a manager in the customer service sector myself, take care of her!
The only downside would be that the elevators are slow, but if that is the worst complaint on a trip take it as a compliment! The only thing that would make us consider upgrading to a different hotel is that the beaches around 30th street don't compare to beaches farther south. But with Charlie, we just might be back sooner than we thought! Oh, and upgrade all the mattresses, distinct difference from the beds on the 4th floor and the beds on the 7th floor, those little things matter on an extended stay! Thanks again everyone!

Room Tip: Pay the extra few dollars a night to have a room on a higher floor and with a kitchenette. Its wort...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Came to Miami a year ago and stayed at fountainbleu. It was overpriced and I never got good recommendations for restaurants or nightlife from the staff. I left Miami thinking this city really wasn't for me. That was until I met Charlie from Red South Beach.

My boyfriend and I stayed one night before going on a cruise for his birthday. I called the hotel ahead of time and spoke with Charlie to try and make plans for our night out. She took the time to get to know me before offering suggestions. She set us up with a dinner reservation at Ola (amazing) and put us on the guest list for a really fun lounge/club. Everything was within walking distance (less than 1.5 miles from the hotel) so the location was perfect. Our trip was seamless because of her. I love Miami now! The hotel was great but I owe this experience to my girl Charlie!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We value you recognizing our team member Charlie. She definitely has the inside scoop. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoy the Magic City! Our team members make every effort in providing our guests with personalized service. We thank you for your patronage and your feedback. We welcome you back to Red South Beach soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is my second stay at the Red in 8 months, I probably won't stay a third time I'm over this hotel. I had this dirty feeling while in the hotel room I slept on my own sheet I brought from home and took showers In my slippers. The bed Is to hard and by the fifth night my girlfriends body was numb, she could not sleep! Oh and the cable went out!!! Thank God for my IPAD!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Thank you for acknowledging Charlie. We regret that hear that we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is a vital resource for our team. I would like to set up a time to discuss this matter with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience Miriam@redsouthbeach.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was our first time to Miami for a bachelorette party, and we found this hotel using Expedia. The decor is amazing, it totally makes the hotel. We took so many fun pictures! Great location as well, it's about a 5 minute cab ride to South Beach, but your right across the street from the beach. And there are stores within walking distance if you needed to leave the hotel to get food. The only bad part was that the walls were thin, so we got home one night someone knocked on the wall for us to be quiet, lol. But besides that I loved it and it was an amazing find!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, try to get one of those. It comes with a full kitchen.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Red. We are delighted that we were part of your bachelorette party. We have created a casual atmosphere for our guest to enjoy. Our décor draws you in to visit, escape and rejuvenate. Do not forget to send us your fun pictures so you may have a chance to win our monthly draw. We are we hope to see you back many more times at Red South Beach. If I may be of any assistance on your future stay contact me at: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was amazing! Great service, Nury was great to us! Clean and spacious rooms (rarity in SoBe)! Good food downstairs! Great Decor! Cannot say enough. Stayed there for the weekend to attend a wedding and was so relaxed. Not in the middle of the madness of SoBe but close enough to get to it :)

• Stayed April 2013
Amazing! We are delighted that you enjoy the great service that Nury provided. Thank you for recognizing her efforts. We strive to our guest with a personal boutique experience. We are in a prime location of SoBe. Again thank you for choosing Red South Beach. We hope to see you back soon.

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!