“Maybe you people are the problem and not the hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #77 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
CT
“Maybe you people are the problem and not the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a wedding and I was very pleased with my decision. I arrived at the hotel early and was welcomed by a professional staff. Charlie was fantastic and should be reconized by her boss. I understand that some of the rooms are a little outdated, but not my room :). The building is being upgraded. What do you expect complainers? The price was affordable and I can't wait to go back next year for my honeymoon. Thanks for the bottle Charlie. Alonzo & Fabiana R. GREAT JOB RED SOUTH BEACH HOTEL!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Phenomenal! Charlie is a rock star, thank you for recognizing her. The Red South Beach lifestyle enhances and not defines. We take pride in providing our guest with a boutique hotel experience. We are currently adding modern touches to the room fixtures. We truly value your business and feedback. We are looking forward to your return. If I may be of assistance on our future stay, please contact me at: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com.

911 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wow..don't let the photos fool you. Run down and shows it's age! Ant infestation problem for sure! Decor is neat but many upgrades needed. Our room stayed about 80-82 degrees all night long. A/C couldn't keep up. I called the desk at midnight to ask why I couldn't put the air setting below 72 and he stated it is preset....no going below that. Uncomfortable nights sleep to say the least! The elevator was very sketchy and very slow. Two things I will say...is that the in house restaurant was fabulous! Very good food and the only reason I'm giving it an average rating. Also, Charlie (female) at the front desk was super friendly and helped us with tour info. She gets 5 stars!

Islamorada, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went to south beach for a girls weekend. Stayed at Red South Beach Hotel. Right next to the beach, rooms very clean, staff VERY FRIENDLY! Cant complain had such a great time. The bathroom shower head has changing colors when you move the temperature. Alarm clock changes colors. Friendly tip, when you find a parking spot do NOT move out of it. Very hard to find any parking. But its south beach. Had a great time RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL VERY HIGHLY!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Fantastic! We are delighted to have been a part of your girls’ weekend. We are conveniently located for you to enjoy all that Miami Beach has to offer. Our team is here to create a unique experience for you to escape and rejuvenate in. Our boutique hotel has fun and festive surprise details. Parking is always an issue in such a metropolitan city like Miami. We love feedback and feedback like yours is invaluable! We hope to have you back to Red South Beach soon and continue making memories together. If I may of assistance on your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from 04-8-13 until 04-13-13 was a good deal for the price and close to the beach, cheap food ,supermarket, Gift shop store, subway.

1-At the entrance a employee help us with our bags never introduce I was scared he was a thief.
2- Receptionist was nice and helpful they hold my bags until check in time.
3- not always employee in the reception a few time was alone early like around 7pm.
4-I mention its my Bday and next day my hubbys hoping getting at least a free drink nahhhhhh.
5- Not welcome drink.
6-The room its small but we knew this, was in front on the construction very loud but I'm used to very loud places its wasn't bad for us, the bed very noise embarrassing noisy, the offered us another Rm my husband refused, Rm 421
7- pool very cold empty due to this fact, dirty and not service at all. not music
8- Employee not that friendly wasn't affect me.
9-Elevator clean new and fast
10-bathroom well packed and clean.
11- Towel some of them old.
12 beach chair its park chair. Rentals available in the beach.
13-Bartender moody and watery drinks.
14-wifi ok free drink vodka and juice.
15-didnt use the rest. .Was always empty (check my other review to tips where to eat)
16- Away from the action its ok for us we like to sleep and avoid crowds in late night time.
I do recommend this hotel for budge travelers and short stay only..

Room Tip: room in front of the hotel face the construction and are very loud, AC only go down to 71 degrees, a...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Red for a wedding, which was across the street at the much pricier Palm. The Red is an older hotel, which shows, but was still very comfortable. The petite queen room was smaller than expected, but clean. The decore throughout the hotel is very cool, all reds and whites. The front desk staff were exceedingly friendly, although the service in the restaurant, Barok, was slow and inattentive. All in all, a nice place to stay, and a good value in South Beach.

• Stayed April 2013
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for providing us with the review of your stay. We appreciate your patronage especially having so many choices. We are an Art Deco building with boutique accommodations and plenty of charm. We are delighted that you enjoy the contemporary design of the hotel. We value you recognizing our front desk team. They enjoy what they do and it shows. We will communicate to our restaurant team to improve on service. We hope to see you back soon at Red South Beach. If I may be of assistance on your future stay contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I got this hotel through Priceline. In the past it has always worked out for us. This time did not!!! I can't believe this hole in the wall is listed under 3 stars. I would give it a 1/2 at best. It was dirty, cheap, unsafe, and the walls are paper thin. We wanted a place on the beach to rest up after a cruise and my husband had some business in the area. The 1st room they gave us was out in the stairwell (creepy) and the toilet was broken. Moved us to another room...we think the door was unlocked and someone had been using the room for the shower. Bathroom window was wide open, soap and shampoo in the shower was used, and there was a hair band on the floor. They said they had no other place to put us but in the first room after the toilet was fixed. The person in the adjoining room tried to get into our room 2 times and then had their TV on all night. I got priceline on the phone and the staff lied to them saying they have a parking lot 2 blocks away and just didn't understand why we were not happy. Our Credit Card company said we could leave and they would fight it for us but it was after 10pm and we couldn't find another place. We did get a refund from priceline on the other two nights. The manager was so rude and wouldn't budge on giving us any money back for the nightmare night that we did stay. I asked her for at least a bottle of water and she wouldn't even give us that. DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! Shame on Priceline for giving this place their business. Oh and the A/C only goes down to 71. So it was hot on top of it all!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We regret that hear about the series of hiccups you experience. Your feedback is a vital resource for our team. I would like to set up a time to discuss this matter with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience Miriam@redsouthbeach.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed two days at the Red South Beach Hotel. It was terrible. The whole hotel was dirty with plenty of cockroaches crawling in the dining area and the bathroom. On top of that, the staff was rude; they had an attitude and didn't service their guests at all. There's no parking and the bathroom was really small. So my advice : don't stay here. There are plenty of better hotels in the same price range.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay at Red South Beach. Our goal is for every guest to stay in a pristine room, enjoy relaxing accommodations, and receive personal service. I would like to discuss your stay in detail, please contact me at: Miriam@redsoutbeach.com . I look forward to hear from you soon.

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!