“Awesome Time” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Red South Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #96 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Islamorada, Florida
“Awesome Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went to south beach for a girls weekend. Stayed at Red South Beach Hotel. Right next to the beach, rooms very clean, staff VERY FRIENDLY! Cant complain had such a great time. The bathroom shower head has changing colors when you move the temperature. Alarm clock changes colors. Friendly tip, when you find a parking spot do NOT move out of it. Very hard to find any parking. But its south beach. Had a great time RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL VERY HIGHLY!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Fantastic! We are delighted to have been a part of your girls’ weekend. We are conveniently located for you to enjoy all that Miami Beach has to offer. Our team is here to create a unique experience for you to escape and rejuvenate in. Our boutique hotel has fun and festive surprise details. Parking is always an issue in such a metropolitan city like Miami. We love feedback and feedback like yours is invaluable! We hope to have you back to Red South Beach soon and continue making memories together. If I may of assistance on your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from 04-8-13 until 04-13-13 was a good deal for the price and close to the beach, cheap food ,supermarket, Gift shop store, subway.

1-At the entrance a employee help us with our bags never introduce I was scared he was a thief.
2- Receptionist was nice and helpful they hold my bags until check in time.
3- not always employee in the reception a few time was alone early like around 7pm.
4-I mention its my Bday and next day my hubbys hoping getting at least a free drink nahhhhhh.
5- Not welcome drink.
6-The room its small but we knew this, was in front on the construction very loud but I'm used to very loud places its wasn't bad for us, the bed very noise embarrassing noisy, the offered us another Rm my husband refused, Rm 421
7- pool very cold empty due to this fact, dirty and not service at all. not music
8- Employee not that friendly wasn't affect me.
9-Elevator clean new and fast
10-bathroom well packed and clean.
11- Towel some of them old.
12 beach chair its park chair. Rentals available in the beach.
13-Bartender moody and watery drinks.
14-wifi ok free drink vodka and juice.
15-didnt use the rest. .Was always empty (check my other review to tips where to eat)
16- Away from the action its ok for us we like to sleep and avoid crowds in late night time.
I do recommend this hotel for budge travelers and short stay only..

Room Tip: room in front of the hotel face the construction and are very loud, AC only go down to 71 degrees, a...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at the Red for a wedding, which was across the street at the much pricier Palm. The Red is an older hotel, which shows, but was still very comfortable. The petite queen room was smaller than expected, but clean. The decore throughout the hotel is very cool, all reds and whites. The front desk staff were exceedingly friendly, although the service in the restaurant, Barok, was slow and inattentive. All in all, a nice place to stay, and a good value in South Beach.

• Stayed April 2013
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for providing us with the review of your stay. We appreciate your patronage especially having so many choices. We are an Art Deco building with boutique accommodations and plenty of charm. We are delighted that you enjoy the contemporary design of the hotel. We value you recognizing our front desk team. They enjoy what they do and it shows. We will communicate to our restaurant team to improve on service. We hope to see you back soon at Red South Beach. If I may be of assistance on your future stay contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I got this hotel through Priceline. In the past it has always worked out for us. This time did not!!! I can't believe this hole in the wall is listed under 3 stars. I would give it a 1/2 at best. It was dirty, cheap, unsafe, and the walls are paper thin. We wanted a place on the beach to rest up after a cruise and my husband had some business in the area. The 1st room they gave us was out in the stairwell (creepy) and the toilet was broken. Moved us to another room...we think the door was unlocked and someone had been using the room for the shower. Bathroom window was wide open, soap and shampoo in the shower was used, and there was a hair band on the floor. They said they had no other place to put us but in the first room after the toilet was fixed. The person in the adjoining room tried to get into our room 2 times and then had their TV on all night. I got priceline on the phone and the staff lied to them saying they have a parking lot 2 blocks away and just didn't understand why we were not happy. Our Credit Card company said we could leave and they would fight it for us but it was after 10pm and we couldn't find another place. We did get a refund from priceline on the other two nights. The manager was so rude and wouldn't budge on giving us any money back for the nightmare night that we did stay. I asked her for at least a bottle of water and she wouldn't even give us that. DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! Shame on Priceline for giving this place their business. Oh and the A/C only goes down to 71. So it was hot on top of it all!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We regret that hear about the series of hiccups you experience. Your feedback is a vital resource for our team. I would like to set up a time to discuss this matter with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience Miriam@redsouthbeach.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed two days at the Red South Beach Hotel. It was terrible. The whole hotel was dirty with plenty of cockroaches crawling in the dining area and the bathroom. On top of that, the staff was rude; they had an attitude and didn't service their guests at all. There's no parking and the bathroom was really small. So my advice : don't stay here. There are plenty of better hotels in the same price range.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay at Red South Beach. Our goal is for every guest to stay in a pristine room, enjoy relaxing accommodations, and receive personal service. I would like to discuss your stay in detail, please contact me at: Miriam@redsoutbeach.com . I look forward to hear from you soon.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

1. Lobby area and bar area is small and not fun and happening.
2. The pool area is small and not happening
3. The hotel bathroom has no countertop space
4. The boiler went out at the hotel, and a 2 hour repair starting at 9am still hasnt given us hot water and its 6pm..
5. No parking at the hotel
6. They are building a condominium complex across the street, so its very loud.
7. Toilet has a small leak in it
8. hotel room is small
9. There isnt always someone at the front desk, which is annoying
I would stay here as a last option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I am sorry to hear of this unfortunate experience at Red South Beach. We apologize for the inconveniences and understand your concerns. Please know that your satisfaction is priority at Red South Beach and I would like to see if we could set up a time to discuss this matter further. Please email me at Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Kissimmee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hello this hotel to good to be true. The pictures are very deceiving.

PARKING
The things they don't tell you is that there is no parking at all available from the hotel Only street parking and even though the parking is free form 6pm to 8am. after 6pm you can NOT put money in the machine so you must get up early to put money in the meter so you don't get a ticket. Other than the parking situation.

HOTEL RUNDOWN
The hotel is rundown. its not renovated properly and draws are broken and furnishings are old. Bath rooms are very small. Bed was comfortable but small for a queen.

Walls are thin...You can hear your neighbor using the bathroom, blow drying their hair and taking a shower. When you are trying to get rest this can be a problem.

FRIENDLY STAFF
The staff was friendly but the whole experience was very disappointing and out trip was not as much fun because of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have communicated on our site and other sites that parking is street parking (metered). Our hotel is from the Art Deco period a time when rooms were smaller then we are accustomed to. We are planning on redecorate our rooms this year. We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration, for our upcoming projects. Thank you for recognizing our team members. We hope that you will consider our hotel next time your travels bring you back to Red South Beach.