“Good Service , Safe & Secure” 4 of 5 stars

Red South Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #89 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Service , Safe & Secure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed for 9 days. Hotel is slightly off the beaten track from all the buzz (15 mins of walking). If you like quiet, this would be great.
If you are looking for superb convenience, hate walking or waiting for the bus, then this might not be the place.

Things I like:
-Chic Deco
-Superb service. The reception remembers me by name.
-Safe and secure
-Off street parking available just 30sec walk away
-Easy access to quite a handful of buses
-A sundry shop just opposite the hotel
-Daily complimentary breakfast and drinks is pretty good.
-Beach is easily accessible

Cons:
-The corridor leading to the hotel rooms are a bit dark with red lighting. This makes it kind of Erie.
-Can be a bit hard to find food in the middle of the night @ 2am
-Valet parking kind of expensive. Suggest to use the off street parking.
-The Gym could do with a make over

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review of your stay. We hope you enjoyed your nine night stay with us thoroughly. We are in a prime location from all Miami Beach has to offer. Thank you for recognizing our reception team. They strive to provide our guests with friendly service. We have taken into account the comments about our hallways and are happy to announce that we will be completely renovating the lighting, carpets, and walls.
We hope that you return soon and enjoy our new look. If I may be of assistance on your future stays please feel free to contact me personally: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
FVG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

the location is good if you want to reach the beach and the hotel is on a Collins ave part which have nothing else to offer ( a part for the spa in the opposite front hotel which is really good.)
the aloof people at reception do not make you feelwelcome or cared for..
my room was also poorly cleaned and the windows glasses was stained,and stayed so even after my repeated request to have them cleaned ( I finally did by myself)
and I had other nuisance which hast'n been take in consideration
oh..and the room on the street could be quite noisy especially because there are some building construction going aroud the red south beach but also for cars and bus passing
I go in MIami for work every year and definitely will never go back to this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived January 31st. We were greeted by the welcome team. They took our bags for us and waited patiently while we got checked in. The attendants at the front desk were informative and helpful. When booking the hotel we knew the room would be small, so we weren't surprised by the size. We had a king standard room with a kitchenette and bathroom. The bathroom was tiny but we didn't mind because we weren't going to be in there for long periods of time. We had a bit of an ocean view which was nice. There is a hotel being built right across the street, so there was lots of noise. They weren't working around the clock, so it didn't really bother me. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. This is always important to me. :) The boardwalk and ocean is one block away. It is beautiful!! I had a nice run on the boardwalk and felt safe. The hotel is not right in the middle of all the action but within walking distance. I preferred to stay outside of the nightlife so it'd be more peaceful. My husband and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your amazing review. On behalf our entire team at Red South Beach we thank you for recognizing the work they do. Although there are things that we cannot control such as the nearby construction we do our best to extend great service with smiling faces to our guests.
We hope to see you back soon at Red South Beach. If you need any help on your next trip to Miami contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely boutique. Nicely appointed room beautifully furnished. Breakfast included. Free Wi-Fi. Helpful and very friendly staff. Cozy bar with inside and outside seating. A block from the beach. Sunshine. All good. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed January 2013
Shelby Township, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was less that please with room and cheap feel it gave for the price for the night, lobby and pool area give great impression of property. Rooms are less than what thought, dobut would stay here again unless they fix the cheap feel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a nice, clean and comfortable hotel for the money. It is a little off the beaten path from all the hotels and bars, but still walkable and the service is very good. It's also a bit quieter than the hotels in the heart of SB.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind about our staff. We are a prime location to the beach and short walk from the hustle and bustle. We look forward to your return in the near future. If I may be of assistance for your future stay do not hesitate to contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Hewitt, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've seen some outstanding reviews and I can't believe I was at the same hotel. It was so noisy in the pool and outdoor restaurant I couldn't hear myself talk. The street and construction noise are deafening. We had a pool side room and the black out shade did keep out the noise. I had to call the front desk three times to find out how to work the stopper in the sink. The beds were small and lumpy. The room was old and run down. There was a large closet that was nice for changing with a refrigerator and a safe. The television was a very old 25 inch. The location to the beach was good for me because I prefer being away from the populated beach areas. The food and service in the restaurant were very good but I wouldn't recommend eating outside. My teenagers hated it. I definitely would not stay here or recommend it. It's just not for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay. We apologize for the hiccups you experience during your stay. Our entire Red South Beach team strives to provide a warm, relax and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. It is unfortunate that this was not the experience you had.
Although there are things that are out of control, we are always happy to find solutions for our guests. We will coach our front desk team to ensure that guest issues are resolve quickly and thoroughly. Thank you for the feedback on the condition of the room we will definitely take this into account to streamline our maintenance program. I agree our restaurant Barok does offer a scrumptious menu.
We would appreciate the opportunity to extend a memorable stay in the future. If I may be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!