“Unique Boutique Mall with great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Red South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Booking.com HotelTravel.com
Red South Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Habana Libre Beach Resort) (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #72 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Unique Boutique Mall with great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived January 31st. We were greeted by the welcome team. They took our bags for us and waited patiently while we got checked in. The attendants at the front desk were informative and helpful. When booking the hotel we knew the room would be small, so we weren't surprised by the size. We had a king standard room with a kitchenette and bathroom. The bathroom was tiny but we didn't mind because we weren't going to be in there for long periods of time. We had a bit of an ocean view which was nice. There is a hotel being built right across the street, so there was lots of noise. They weren't working around the clock, so it didn't really bother me. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. This is always important to me. :) The boardwalk and ocean is one block away. It is beautiful!! I had a nice run on the boardwalk and felt safe. The hotel is not right in the middle of all the action but within walking distance. I preferred to stay outside of the nightlife so it'd be more peaceful. My husband and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review. On behalf our entire team at Red South Beach we thank you for recognizing the work they do. Although there are things that we cannot control such as the nearby construction we do our best to extend great service with smiling faces to our guests.
We hope to see you back soon at Red South Beach. If you need any help on your next trip to Miami contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com

829 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely boutique. Nicely appointed room beautifully furnished. Breakfast included. Free Wi-Fi. Helpful and very friendly staff. Cozy bar with inside and outside seating. A block from the beach. Sunshine. All good. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed January 2013
Shelby Township, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was less that please with room and cheap feel it gave for the price for the night, lobby and pool area give great impression of property. Rooms are less than what thought, dobut would stay here again unless they fix the cheap feel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a nice, clean and comfortable hotel for the money. It is a little off the beaten path from all the hotels and bars, but still walkable and the service is very good. It's also a bit quieter than the hotels in the heart of SB.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind about our staff. We are a prime location to the beach and short walk from the hustle and bustle. We look forward to your return in the near future. If I may be of assistance for your future stay do not hesitate to contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Hewitt, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've seen some outstanding reviews and I can't believe I was at the same hotel. It was so noisy in the pool and outdoor restaurant I couldn't hear myself talk. The street and construction noise are deafening. We had a pool side room and the black out shade did keep out the noise. I had to call the front desk three times to find out how to work the stopper in the sink. The beds were small and lumpy. The room was old and run down. There was a large closet that was nice for changing with a refrigerator and a safe. The television was a very old 25 inch. The location to the beach was good for me because I prefer being away from the populated beach areas. The food and service in the restaurant were very good but I wouldn't recommend eating outside. My teenagers hated it. I definitely would not stay here or recommend it. It's just not for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay. We apologize for the hiccups you experience during your stay. Our entire Red South Beach team strives to provide a warm, relax and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. It is unfortunate that this was not the experience you had.
Although there are things that are out of control, we are always happy to find solutions for our guests. We will coach our front desk team to ensure that guest issues are resolve quickly and thoroughly. Thank you for the feedback on the condition of the room we will definitely take this into account to streamline our maintenance program. I agree our restaurant Barok does offer a scrumptious menu.
We would appreciate the opportunity to extend a memorable stay in the future. If I may be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

i had intended to stay elsewhere but the hotel ended up being closed for renovations and my travel agent suggested red as it had a few of my key requirements - parking and breakfast. both which were sub bar. the breakfast was a croissant, the parking expensive (valet) and any time you needed your car you needed to give them at least an hour notice, upon which they will still not have it in time for you. the location isnt too bad, a nice walk to ocean drive, but i like a walk. i would recommend the location if you didnt want to be right in the middle of the party scene. the pluses for us were the lobby decor and the rooms were nice but that is about it. and the biggest downfalls were the smell throughout the hotel - it stank and the slowness/incapable lifts - we had to use the fire escape to get to our tour bus!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. Our restaurant Barok offers a lovely continental breakfast which included pastry basket: baggett , Danish , muffin, croissant, jams and your choice of hot. You also have the option of selecting of the menu for a 50% discount. Our valet parking cost is comparable to the hotels in the area. We have recently secured a closer parking area. We have cut the wait time drastically to 7-10 minutes. We have also completed a modernization of our elevator on December 22, 2012. We are delighted that you enjoyed the proximity to the beach and our room accommodations. We would love for you to return to Red South Beach and enjoy these new amenities. If you need any assistance on a future stay please feel free to contact me personally: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was happily surprised by the cool and trendy atmosphere at this hotel. I went during the Christmas holidays and I could not believe how comfortable I felt. It seemed like it was a friend's house and I felt welcome from the moment I set foot in. I also enjoyed the restaurant downstairs which could easily compete with high-end restaurants.
Thank you RED!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay. We are thrilled that you were happily surprised and enjoyed your stay. We are happy that you were able to sample the tasty treats from Barok. We hope to see you in the near future, please feel to contact me personally for any help on your future stay:Miriam@redsouthbeach.com

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!