“Nice hotel for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #79 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Denver, Colorado
“Nice hotel for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a nice, clean and comfortable hotel for the money. It is a little off the beaten path from all the hotels and bars, but still walkable and the service is very good. It's also a bit quieter than the hotels in the heart of SB.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind about our staff. We are a prime location to the beach and short walk from the hustle and bustle. We look forward to your return in the near future. If I may be of assistance for your future stay do not hesitate to contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com

903 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Hewitt, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've seen some outstanding reviews and I can't believe I was at the same hotel. It was so noisy in the pool and outdoor restaurant I couldn't hear myself talk. The street and construction noise are deafening. We had a pool side room and the black out shade did keep out the noise. I had to call the front desk three times to find out how to work the stopper in the sink. The beds were small and lumpy. The room was old and run down. There was a large closet that was nice for changing with a refrigerator and a safe. The television was a very old 25 inch. The location to the beach was good for me because I prefer being away from the populated beach areas. The food and service in the restaurant were very good but I wouldn't recommend eating outside. My teenagers hated it. I definitely would not stay here or recommend it. It's just not for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay. We apologize for the hiccups you experience during your stay. Our entire Red South Beach team strives to provide a warm, relax and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. It is unfortunate that this was not the experience you had.
Although there are things that are out of control, we are always happy to find solutions for our guests. We will coach our front desk team to ensure that guest issues are resolve quickly and thoroughly. Thank you for the feedback on the condition of the room we will definitely take this into account to streamline our maintenance program. I agree our restaurant Barok does offer a scrumptious menu.
We would appreciate the opportunity to extend a memorable stay in the future. If I may be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

i had intended to stay elsewhere but the hotel ended up being closed for renovations and my travel agent suggested red as it had a few of my key requirements - parking and breakfast. both which were sub bar. the breakfast was a croissant, the parking expensive (valet) and any time you needed your car you needed to give them at least an hour notice, upon which they will still not have it in time for you. the location isnt too bad, a nice walk to ocean drive, but i like a walk. i would recommend the location if you didnt want to be right in the middle of the party scene. the pluses for us were the lobby decor and the rooms were nice but that is about it. and the biggest downfalls were the smell throughout the hotel - it stank and the slowness/incapable lifts - we had to use the fire escape to get to our tour bus!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. Our restaurant Barok offers a lovely continental breakfast which included pastry basket: baggett , Danish , muffin, croissant, jams and your choice of hot. You also have the option of selecting of the menu for a 50% discount. Our valet parking cost is comparable to the hotels in the area. We have recently secured a closer parking area. We have cut the wait time drastically to 7-10 minutes. We have also completed a modernization of our elevator on December 22, 2012. We are delighted that you enjoyed the proximity to the beach and our room accommodations. We would love for you to return to Red South Beach and enjoy these new amenities. If you need any assistance on a future stay please feel free to contact me personally: Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was happily surprised by the cool and trendy atmosphere at this hotel. I went during the Christmas holidays and I could not believe how comfortable I felt. It seemed like it was a friend's house and I felt welcome from the moment I set foot in. I also enjoyed the restaurant downstairs which could easily compete with high-end restaurants.
Thank you RED!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay. We are thrilled that you were happily surprised and enjoyed your stay. We are happy that you were able to sample the tasty treats from Barok. We hope to see you in the near future, please feel to contact me personally for any help on your future stay:Miriam@redsouthbeach.com
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Tiny bedroom, could barely put my suitcase next to the bed. Even smaller bathroom - I could have a shower, use the toilet, use the basin and have my leg out the bathroom door all at the same time. Our non-smoking room stunk of cigarettes every afternoon once the 'cleaning ladies' had been in and made our bed. The sullen lady at the front desk ignored me when I tried to address the situation with her, the greasy man next to her told me I was wrong and there was nothing that could be done, then ignored me until I walked away. The bartender spent more time on her phone texting rather than serving, when she did pour me a drink she added her 18% tip on before charging it to my room. The walls are paper thin so we enjoyed listening to next door's drunken celebrations late at night. Also an awkward distance away from Ocean Rd where all of the action happens. No free cabs drive past this hotel and the 'Welcome team' outside are too busy smoking than to call a taxi for the hotel's customers. Disgusting place that should have extended its renovation of the lobby to their hotel rooms and staff attitudes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We take pride in Art Deco style and heritage of our hotel. On your next stay may I suggest a suite; our suites offer spacious accommodation and lovely views. We are in close proximity to the heart of South Beach: ten minutes taxi ride. The swoop shuttles only service a selected area: First Street to twenty Third Street. Although our restaurant have a standard 18% gratuity added, as is common among all of the hotels in our area. We do hold our team members and standards of service to the highest degree of importance and value our guests.
I sincerely apologize if at any point during your stay we gave you a different impression. Had we been made aware of your concerns during your stay we certainly would have addressed them personally with the team members and yourself directly. We value your feedback and hope that you allow us the opportunity to your patronage in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I loved walking in, not the biggest hotel but were it lacked size it made up for in ambience. Beautiful bold colors of red, white and gray. Very contemporary. The pool was impressive and there was pool side eating available. All staff were all great. The only thing I did not care for was the valet wait, however, Im sure they had to park the car far due to no parking for the hotel. Good location and I slept well every night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RedHotel, Front Office Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are truly excited that you enjoyed the hotel. We appreciate all your positive feedback regarding our decor, pool, location, beds and more importantly our team members. We will explore ways into further minimizing the wait for our valet service. We hope to see you back at Red South Beach soon
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great hotel! The cabana rooms are very spacious and comfortable, the staff is friendly and accommodating and the restaurant was surprisingly very good. I especially loved getting my breakfast over there: the croissant were warm and delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Great! Thank you for your review on your recent stay. We are delighted to read that you had a great experience at both the hotel and our restaurant. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the delicious croissants: my favorites too. We look forward to your return to soon, please contact me personally to assist you with your stay Miriam@redsouthbeach.com .

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!