“Where to start... where to start...” 2 of 5 stars

You added Red South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Red South Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #94 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Where to start... where to start...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travel on a regular basis and most of my experiences are good but I couldn't wait to check out of this hotel, after a 6 night stay. The service is just ok nothing to rave about. Pool side service was terrible, the waiters never asked if we wanted to order anything, we had to track them down so that they could our orders. The food in the restaurant was really good. The rooms where clean with comfortable beds and pillows, I did sleep nicely every night. But we couldn't control the temp. in our room they had to switch on and off the blower in some other room when our room got cold. The pool was nice especially with two kids in tow. Water was clean and not freezing. Now for the bad experience and their utter disregard to make good. 7 of us along with my Wife and two kids got stuck in the elevator. We remained calm but my son started to get nervous after about 10 minutes so we needed to get out. Finally after about 20 mintues the doors opened but we noticed that the elevator hadn't been inspected since March of 2011. The certificate was covered with day's weather information. When I returned to the room I called the front desk to speak to manager but of course he was gone and the front desk almost said it was our fault because we had 7 people in the elevator when there was a 5 person limit. They later slipped a note under our door with coupons for complientary breakfast but after we ate it was only 50% off not complimentary. Manager was suppose to call me but never did. Location is good for families but if you want to hang out around Ocean drive or Lincoln Road it's a long way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jesco74
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Jesco74,

I am sorry to hear that you and your family were stuck in the elevator. We do our best to post the load limits for our guests. We have a sign both inside and outside the small elevator to inform guests that there is a 5 person limit. Unfortunately some of our guests choose to disregard posted warning notices. As I read your review is seems there were 7 people plus you and your family. The elevator was down for 7min 45 seconds according to the elevator memory log. Having said that I am happy to announce that this past week we began a complete modernization of the elevators. We have begun with the small elevator and once complete we will begin on the large elevator. We are very excited that we will soon have new elevators to serve our guests. I am also sorry for your misunderstanding of the breakfast. The breakfast vouchers are for a free continental or simple cooked breakfast or you can choose to order a la cart and receive 50% off your bill. I am upset to hear that you had some negative experiences, we never like our guests to leave unhappy and I am sorry that we weren’t able to give you a fantastic experience. Hopefully if you return you can ride the new elevators all day long without any problems. Have a wonderful day.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived very late but were offered supper by the pool with a logia chair for my granddaughter to sleep on whilst we ate the most delicious meal. Rooms etc quirky small but very clean and convenient.staff very helpful

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Rooms look great on website but were the size of a matchbox. The walls were paper thin. It really wasn't my money worth.
These rooms were a waste of money.
Not to mention I paid for the first night with my card to hold the room. When I got there they tried to charge me again. So because if their mishap. I didn't trust to use my card, so we decided to pay with cash for the remaining of the stay. At checkout they tried to charge me for another night. I was beyond pissed with this hotel. I will not recommend anyone to stay here. It's not worth it!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank XxAbakerXx
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I checked in on Saturday, September 8, 2012, fresh off a 7-day cruise. We were quite a bit early to check in, but they gladly stored our luggage and suggested a few places we might like to see. Upon arriving back after lunch, our room was ready. Nury Gomez at the front desk, took care of our paperwork, provided us with additional brochures and hotel information along with our keys and off we went to our room. The luggage was promptly brought to our room by the bellman and we attempted to get setttled down in our room but unfortunately, there was a problem with our A/C unit. Just as soon as we reported this to the front desk, the always pleasant and upbeat Concierge Charlie, showed us to another room. And this was a great upgrade! Not only was the room more spacious, it came with a king-size bed, a kitchenette, and a pool-side view! As the Hotel's name is Red South Beach, the rooms are furnished in red and white furniture and linens. Some travellers mentioned problems with the elevator but there is a sign on the elevator which states no more than 5 people are allowed. If you follow these instructions you won't have a problem. Nonetheless, there are 2 elevators for your use. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were cleaned as well. The staff were welcoming and polite and the bellmen Jose', Ceasar, and Andrew, just to name a few, were always willing to assist you with anything. The hotel is only a bus ride away from Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive but you can walk it just as easy. The beach is a block away and the hotel provides a beach towel and chair for your use. You are also provided a complimentary drink during happy hour every night. We didn't have an opportunity to use the hotel's restaurant as we were out most of the day. However, just out the door of the hotel and to the right a couple of blocks, there is a liquor store, a subway restaurant, an outstanding Cuban restaurant Tropical Beach Cafe (where we ate just about every meal), a small grocery store, and a souvenir shop. Our after-cruise vacation to South Beach turned out to be just what we needed to come down off of cruise-mode before flying back home. We will definitely visit again. Thanks again to everyone who made our visit to South Beach memorable!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front of the building for a better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Red Hotel represents good value for money. The room was quirkily furnished, in keeping with the rest of the hotel, was clean and comfortable. The small bathroom was also spotless. The staff were extremely polite and friendly. It was easy to bus or take a cab into other districts, the beach was close by and the airport shuttle bus practically stops outside. My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Lisa S,
Thank you so much for this honest and great review. Come back to see us for your next stay in Miami thus you will see the new elevators and the new pool ! Have a nice week
Red Bud, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a room reserved for Sept 1, check in time was 3:00 pm, I arrived at noon, they did not have a clean non-smoking king bed room ready yet, I left and came back at 3:00 pm, still not ready, set in the lobby for 50 minutes while watching other guests check in, finally went to the desk to find out why we could not check in, they told me they still did not have a clean non-smoking king bed room ready, after 3 hours they should have a room cleaned, they ended up giving me a king bed room on a smoking floor, the room did not smell, but the toilet ran all night and I knocked my head on the shower wall while setting on the toilet and knocked my head on the wall looking for toilet paper, not a good start at all!! Then I was not allowed to turn the thermostat down below 70°, I was warm sleeping that night. Then to make up for the delay they gave me complimentary breakfast vouchers, when we tried to use them the next morning it was for a certain item, did not mention on the voucher it was limited, so I ended up paying $6.00 for what I thought was a free breakfast. The door greater named Andrew was very helpful and the other greaters were also nice. Check in was a nightmare!!!

Room Tip: check the bathroom to see if there is enough room to move around in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

i'll keep it short- dirty carpet in depressing rooms. the rooms seemed dirty, rent-by the hour, and dated, tired-looking furniture with dings and scuffs. horrendously depressing fluorescent overhead lighting in the bathroom. horrifying service- forgotten wake up calls, forgotten valet requests (twice in two days), front desk staff unable to multi-task. the bellmen were okay, but were at the mercy of the incompetent front desk staff. do yourself a favor and do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Mischagu,
It would seem that you posted this review to the wrong hotel. Our hotel does not have changing rooms, the rooms are very clean and certainly not rented by the hour, our furniture is wide awake (not tired), we do not have any bathrooms with florescent lighting and as seen in most other reviews our team provides great service to our guests. I am sorry about your experience when you stayed in Miami. We don’t like to here about anyone not having a great time when they visit our city. If you come back to Miami stay with us – we will take care of you.