“I was very disappointed!!” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3010 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #81 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
“I was very disappointed!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Rooms look great on website but were the size of a matchbox. The walls were paper thin. It really wasn't my money worth.
These rooms were a waste of money.
Not to mention I paid for the first night with my card to hold the room. When I got there they tried to charge me again. So because if their mishap. I didn't trust to use my card, so we decided to pay with cash for the remaining of the stay. At checkout they tried to charge me for another night. I was beyond pissed with this hotel. I will not recommend anyone to stay here. It's not worth it!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I checked in on Saturday, September 8, 2012, fresh off a 7-day cruise. We were quite a bit early to check in, but they gladly stored our luggage and suggested a few places we might like to see. Upon arriving back after lunch, our room was ready. Nury Gomez at the front desk, took care of our paperwork, provided us with additional brochures and hotel information along with our keys and off we went to our room. The luggage was promptly brought to our room by the bellman and we attempted to get setttled down in our room but unfortunately, there was a problem with our A/C unit. Just as soon as we reported this to the front desk, the always pleasant and upbeat Concierge Charlie, showed us to another room. And this was a great upgrade! Not only was the room more spacious, it came with a king-size bed, a kitchenette, and a pool-side view! As the Hotel's name is Red South Beach, the rooms are furnished in red and white furniture and linens. Some travellers mentioned problems with the elevator but there is a sign on the elevator which states no more than 5 people are allowed. If you follow these instructions you won't have a problem. Nonetheless, there are 2 elevators for your use. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were cleaned as well. The staff were welcoming and polite and the bellmen Jose', Ceasar, and Andrew, just to name a few, were always willing to assist you with anything. The hotel is only a bus ride away from Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive but you can walk it just as easy. The beach is a block away and the hotel provides a beach towel and chair for your use. You are also provided a complimentary drink during happy hour every night. We didn't have an opportunity to use the hotel's restaurant as we were out most of the day. However, just out the door of the hotel and to the right a couple of blocks, there is a liquor store, a subway restaurant, an outstanding Cuban restaurant Tropical Beach Cafe (where we ate just about every meal), a small grocery store, and a souvenir shop. Our after-cruise vacation to South Beach turned out to be just what we needed to come down off of cruise-mode before flying back home. We will definitely visit again. Thanks again to everyone who made our visit to South Beach memorable!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front of the building for a better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Red Hotel represents good value for money. The room was quirkily furnished, in keeping with the rest of the hotel, was clean and comfortable. The small bathroom was also spotless. The staff were extremely polite and friendly. It was easy to bus or take a cab into other districts, the beach was close by and the airport shuttle bus practically stops outside. My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Lisa S,
Thank you so much for this honest and great review. Come back to see us for your next stay in Miami thus you will see the new elevators and the new pool ! Have a nice week
Red Bud, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a room reserved for Sept 1, check in time was 3:00 pm, I arrived at noon, they did not have a clean non-smoking king bed room ready yet, I left and came back at 3:00 pm, still not ready, set in the lobby for 50 minutes while watching other guests check in, finally went to the desk to find out why we could not check in, they told me they still did not have a clean non-smoking king bed room ready, after 3 hours they should have a room cleaned, they ended up giving me a king bed room on a smoking floor, the room did not smell, but the toilet ran all night and I knocked my head on the shower wall while setting on the toilet and knocked my head on the wall looking for toilet paper, not a good start at all!! Then I was not allowed to turn the thermostat down below 70°, I was warm sleeping that night. Then to make up for the delay they gave me complimentary breakfast vouchers, when we tried to use them the next morning it was for a certain item, did not mention on the voucher it was limited, so I ended up paying $6.00 for what I thought was a free breakfast. The door greater named Andrew was very helpful and the other greaters were also nice. Check in was a nightmare!!!

Room Tip: check the bathroom to see if there is enough room to move around in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

i'll keep it short- dirty carpet in depressing rooms. the rooms seemed dirty, rent-by the hour, and dated, tired-looking furniture with dings and scuffs. horrendously depressing fluorescent overhead lighting in the bathroom. horrifying service- forgotten wake up calls, forgotten valet requests (twice in two days), front desk staff unable to multi-task. the bellmen were okay, but were at the mercy of the incompetent front desk staff. do yourself a favor and do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Mischagu,
It would seem that you posted this review to the wrong hotel. Our hotel does not have changing rooms, the rooms are very clean and certainly not rented by the hour, our furniture is wide awake (not tired), we do not have any bathrooms with florescent lighting and as seen in most other reviews our team provides great service to our guests. I am sorry about your experience when you stayed in Miami. We don’t like to here about anyone not having a great time when they visit our city. If you come back to Miami stay with us – we will take care of you.
roma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was in this hotel in August a double booking on the internet. As also confirmed in other reviews the hotel in fact the site looks more beautiful than it is in reality. The furnishings are nice but the cleanliness inaccurate. The breakfast is good and the staff is very nice but I would not feel to recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RedSouthBeachHotel, Public Relations Manager at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Fernandinonino,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel. We grant an important consideration to pictures and videos published on our website that’s the reason why we update them each month. Thus, our clients can’t be disappointed. We hope that when you’ll come back to Miami, you will find a hotel that will satisfiy your expectations. Have a nice week
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Upon entering the lobby your thinking great things are to come. Well, just average would be more like it. Everything is red and white which is eye catching and for the most part clean. The pool is small but enough room to swim outdoors and only till the dusk. The elevators are noisy and one of the two will work. No chairs in the room make it very uncomfortable as you have to sit on the bed at all times. Not much room for anything and the fridge is in the closet. As for location, not the best. It's about 1 block from the beach but 13 blocks from Ocean Drive and shopping. As for getting to and from the airport, there is a $2.00 bus that runs each way. Overall it was clean, the bed was comfy and there were towels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jackie S,
Thank you for your review. Concerning the elevators, we are beginning a complete modernization of both elevators beginning in September. Regarding the location of the hotel, our website states (as well as the traveler agencies) that the property is located at the gateway of South Beach. You can take a cab, (it costs around $8) or rent a decobike ($1.50 per hour) or walk and enjoy the architecture of South Beach or the wonderful way bounding the ocean. Some people appreciate to be at the gateway others prefer being in the heart of South Beach. Have a nice week

Been to Red South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!