“A Good Couple Getaway” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #137 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A Good Couple Getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is in a good location -- about two big blocks from the beach and about 7 blocks from Lincoln Road. The room was very contemporary. It had a European feel to it, with a low bed and a modern décor. The highlight for us was the humungous bathtub for two. Some negatives: parking is astronomical; and I can see how it could be a disappointing visit with the wrong room or a noisy crowd.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Good Afternoon greglewen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and all of our future guests! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the action! Parking has always been an issue here in South Beach. We offer convenient valet parking for a fee. We hope that you would stay with us again in the future, when coming to Miami!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

If you use the valet service make sure you walk around your car and check for damages before you drive away.My car was parked extreamly,unusually,close to the one in front when I collected it,so the $1000 worth of damages to the radiator,front bumper,went unnoticed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello there Ruth M,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are terribly sorry that you had an issue with the valet company that we use. I can provide you with the contact information for them so that you can file a complaint. We advise guests always to check their cars once they have received them.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Rocky Hill, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My friend and I recently stayed at Hotel Chelsea for a long weekend getaway. After reading reviews and looking at several hotels we chose Chelsea. Great choice! Service shuttle was easy, location was great, staff was friendly and hotel looked great. Don't forget Happy Hour every night! Thanks to our bartender Karen we made the best of our nights with her suggestions. She was great and set the tone for night! Located near Ocean Drive we were able walk to dining, shopping and most importantly the Beach. Staff was great, Hotel was cute and I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Good Afternoon Zeus G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, regarding your recent experience here at Hotel Chelsea. We are delighted to read that you had a great time! We offer great money saving amenities, the complimentary R/T shuttle service from MIA just being one of them. We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hottest spots. Karen is a lovely bartender and all of our guests love her! I will make sure she is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin?! We were told by the receptionist that it was a "pet friendly" hotel but it's just a way for them to get more money from you by making you pay $25 per night per dog! There was no place to walk our dogs anywhere near the hotel. Our dogs made no mess inside of the hotel anywhere. HOWEVER, after I checked out and was already home from vacation I was overlooking my bank statement and there were 3 different charges from the Chelsea Hotel. I knew the one charge was for our stay (which is overpriced anyways for the tiny, dirty room and bad, non - English speaking service you get there) so I called the hotel to ask about the other charges. I was told that my dogs had peed on the bed. My dogs are very well behaved and trained, but just to be safe I made sure that my dogs had left no mess before I checked out of the hotel. I knew that what I was told was not true. After telling them that there was no mess on the bed when I left the response I got was "you can not prove that there was not a mess". They basically made up a scenario so that they could charge my card $500!
On another hand, we were there for 3 nights and our room was only cleaned once! The one time it dis get cleaned the cleaners walked straight into the room while I was still asleep? (and I even had the do not disturb sign on the door) Sand covered the floors everywhere you walked and there wasn't one employee that spoke fluent English. The front desk receptionist was very rude when it came to checking in. I highly recommend you stay at different hotel unless you want an extremely overpriced piece of crap hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Good Afternoon ayoho23,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us, and all of our future guests! We are a pet friendly hotel, as we allow dogs here. We only charge our guests for such incidents if they happened. If our housekeepers found pee on the bed, we have to charge the guest as we cannot use those sheets anymore. We apologize that our housekeepers walked into your room without permission. I am sure that they knocked and since you were sleeping they got no response and assumed that you were not there. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our General Manager. We are truly sorry that your stay with us was less then enjoyable.

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Hotel is not so bad. The rooms are normal, the bed and the bathroom are good. The room looks so so dark (dark brown the floor, the painting of the wall) and the lights are feeble.
My girlfriend and me were so surprised about the bad way of the staff: i asked to the receptionist a glass of hot water for a tea because my girlfriend was a little sick. After 5 minutes (at midnight) that i was waiting for it, the 2 receptionist told me: "you can go in the kitchen downstairs..there you can find a microwave". So i went there, but i was alone..alone with my microwave, without glass and water. I came back to the receptionist asking for a the water and the glass. The answer was: " wait or you can use the glass from your room". So, i took the glass in my room and i made myself the hot water in the dirty kitchen. I brought the hot glass without a tray. Nobody helps me. After that, i came back again to the reception asking for a spoon...and the receptionist took it from the drawer in the reception and the man told me that i could clean it with the towel in my room..No words! Ah, he asked me to return the spoon (at 1 AM) to him.

The position is good. A bit noise in the room from the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We arrived close to midnight and the gentleman who checked us in was quite nice - he was the last personable staff we encountered in our stay. While they hotel offers a free happy hour the bartenders are quite frankly the least friendly people on the planet. Totally engaged in their own world and not at all with concern with the guests - and this was the attitude we found from the staff in general. Our room was 'fine' - I think on a cleanliness scale it was under par. Luckily we were put in a room towards the back of the hotel so we were not subject to the noise from the bar, but the walls in the hotel are paper thin. We could hear everything that happened in the hallway with crystal clarity, and the people above us sounded like they were running a horse race in their room. There are some nice style elements to the hotel, but it is clear they threw it together on a budget and the execution is just not there. GREAT location - just so disappointing that they don't know how to use it. Lots of other hotels in the area, most don't advertise on hotel websites. Next time I would just go down and check out a few hotels before booking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hello there td_ed,

Thank you so much for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! I am terribly sorry to read that our bartenders did not provide you with outstanding customer service! I will make sure that the bar manager is aware of this, so that they can speak with the staff. I am delighted to read that you were content with the location of our property! We are in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hot spots here.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Personable staff, great location. Overall good experience. I will look here first if/when returning. For the area this is a Great value. Staff was very nice and helpful from when I checked in at 3 AM 'til I was forced to get back to the real world.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello there TampaTimmay,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are glad to know that you had such a fun time here at Hotel Chelsea!! Our staff is always hard at work to make sure that each of our guests are having a great time with us! We hope that you will make us your go-to hotel when visiting Miami in the future!

Katrine

Been to Hotel Chelsea? Share your experiences!