“Never again” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   944 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #134 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Never again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at hotel Chelsea during Labor Day weekend. I enjoy the small and plush look of boutique hotels but this hotel was greatly lacking. Check in was easy but when we got to our room we thought it was joke we were looking for the rest of it. It was barely enough space for us and our luggage. The room only had one mirror which was in the bathroom. 3 girls doing hair, makeup and getting dressed was quite a task. Most hotels give their guest towels and beach chairs. All we got was one towel each then payed 80$ a day to have chairs and umbrellas. Also none of the service ladies spoke english so when I asked for an extra wash cloth or for a garbage can they just stared blankly at me. A plus about this hotel is, it comes with free airport to hotel shuttle. We we told it also picks you back up and the end of your stay. No one told us we had to make a reservation for this. The day we checked out and asked for the shuttle we were told no it's packed. When it came we got on the EMPTY shuttle any way, the lady from the front desk came running out telling us to get off. I stayed seated she would have needed the jaws of life to get me out.

• Stayed August 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello there Dkdrob,

We value all of our guests feedback and would truly like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We do offer rooms that are larger in size, but depending on the one that you booked it could have been one of the smaller rooms. Unfortunately at this property we do not offer chairs and umbrellas at the beach. We do have 2 other properties within our group that offer that though. On the confirmation letter that is sent to you it clearly states all of the information regarding the shuttle service, as well as how and where to catch it on the way to the hotel. As well as how to catch the shuttle back to the airport. Since you do have to reserve your seating on the way back to the hotel, and there are 10 other hotels that the shuttle needs to pick guests up from that is most likely why they told you that it was full already. The Chelsea is one of the first stops before the shuttle goes to all of the other properties. I apologize that your stay with us was not fully enjoyable.

521 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
nyc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed in a two double bedroom with two others. It took us over an half an hour just to check in. There were hardly any space to move around or put our stuff in our rooms. The bed was uncomfortable, one side was caved in (thinking a heavy person might have slept on that side before). They also had a vent that would blow right in my face when sleeping.

The best thing at this hotel were the bartenders. They bartenders were really sweet and friendly.

The location was good to if you want to be around the club scene.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Good Evening isnugglez,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am sorry that it took some time for you to get checked in. Perhaps we were experiencing issues with other guests, therefore it took some time. We take our guests comments very serious and though it pains us to hear that you experience was not amazing, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow.

Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is much more of what you can see online.
It is small but super cute, confortable, sweet, romantic and moderm at the same.
Me and my husband had a great stay. Staff is beyond nice and helpful, even general manager is available to make you feel welcome.
I will recomend this hotel for sure!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Hello there laitely,

There is nothing that we love to see more then a wonderful review with 5 stars!! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am extremely glad to know that you had such an amazing time while staying with us! Our staff is always working hard to provide our guests with the best product overall that they can! I see that you were able to experience that first hand! :) Please come back for another memorable time!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I never write reviews but I must say do to the bad reviews which give this cute little hotel a skeptical cognition i want to say how much we LOVED it! My girlfriends and I had a blast!

Not only is it in the heart of south beach - closed to everything (you do NOT need a car) but it also has a great friendly services.

The room we stayed was clean and comfy ( eco-friendly) - I would deft, stay here again!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hotel chelsea was mediocre at best but still would recommend being that the location was great. Close and walking distance to the strip and the beach. Rooms were ok, needs a little updating. Atmosphere was nice, had happy hour daily @ 7pm where drinks were free. Actually one of the nicer boutiques in that area.

Room Tip: Daily hotel charge
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello mia9980,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! I am glad that you found the location of our property to be great!!! :) We are just blocks away from the strip and from everything else you will want to do while in South Beach! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. Perfect time to mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors.

princeton, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is small and chic and looks up to date. The rooms were cozy and small. Bathroom was tiny but clean and chic as well. The only issue with this hotel is that the walls and ceilings are not insulated and you can hear the person next to you sneeze and people walking on the floor above. That sucked because I was woken up several times by someone's footsteps and noise from above floor. There is no pool or fitness center at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello there jamempress,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the decor that we have. I will definitely mention this to the General Manager so that she is aware of your feedback! Unfortunately we do not have a pool nor a fitness center at our hotel. We do offer discounted passes to one of the hottest gyms in South Beach.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This stylish gem is 2 blocks from the beach! The rooms are comfortable and clean. I have no compliants. I would recommend to anoyone that wants to be right in the mix and within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and the BEACH!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Evening MelanieK77,

Thank you so much for the time you took to provide us with your honest feedback! I am glad to read that you had a nice time while staying with us. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of your room, as well as how comfortable it was. We are located just blocks away from the beach, and from all the action. We hope to see you soon!

Katrine

Been to Hotel Chelsea? Share your experiences!