“PERFECT location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #141 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“PERFECT location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is about my tenth time visiting South Beach and this was the best stay out of all of my visits. This location is very close to shopping, liquor stores, restaurants, and everything you may need. If you are not wanting to spend much at SoBe restaurants there are plenty of pizza spots around, a 7eleven on the corner of Washington, even a burger king where you can buy beer with your meal. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and nice. The drinks are FREE at the hotel bar EVERY NIGHT from 7-8. The rooms are very spacious with huge king beds that are very comfortable, slate bathrooms, hardwood floors, flat screen tv, and mini bar. I stayed here 4 nights and paid about $390 for my complete stay. Check out there website because they do have specials! Great place to stay for a great price!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is the property for 1 type of traveler... A person who likes to party and have fun! Why else would you be in South Beach, right?! My friends and I were here for our pre and post cruise stay. The location was perfect! Just a couple blocks from the beach and within seconds to great places to eat, drink and play! The free happy hour in the hotel of course is a nightly bonus that pretty much makes the $15 "resort fee" worth it, as well as the free beach towel rentals! Overall, I have to say that my expectations were exceeded slightly, after reading some of the negative comments on Trip Advisor. Both times, our room was gorgeous, updated and very clean! The beds were VERY comfy, and the super big king bed sleeps 4 very well too! :-) Yes, the shower is a modern walk in type that gets the bathroom floor wet, big deal, throw down a towel and housekeeping cleans it up. Yes, the DJ was pumping great beats til late late night... But when we wanted to go to bed and closed the room door, we really were amazed that we did not hear the music, especially with the AC/fan on (which was not loud just normal). And I almost forgot... The FREE airport shuttle!! All in all, great stay with some great bonuses that really helps the wallet! A huge shout out to Gina at the bar who made us feel so welcome and poured some amazing drinks!! Cant wait to see her again!!

Room Tip: Dont expect a complimentary upgrade or switch room type without a fee. The king bed room is more co...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
BigD81,

Our hotels offer many amenities and we want all of our guest to enjoy them like you did during your stay. We will let Gina know about your review and how much you enjoyed her drinks. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Overall the hotel is ok. If your young and coming down to party mainly then this is the place for you. It's inexpensive and close to all the attractions. Now the downside is that the rooms are terribly small, they serioulsy have no outlets in the room besides the ones they use to plug in the t.v. the lamp, and the small fridge. I suggest you bring an extension cord if you plan on charging phones and labtops, etc. The bathrooms are ridiculously tiny they have one small mirror, not a good look for 3 females trying to curl hair and do makeup. The thin shower curtain that they use in the bathroom gets water all over the floor. Overall staff was friendly and helpful.Probably wouldnt stay again. But overall it was ok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Jane L,

Thank You for the honest review. I will forward your concern on power outlets to our team to review and improve. We hope you reconsider and return for the true Chelsea experience.

Lisbon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very nice hotel... Happy hour is so grate, it's a Hotel for people wanting to party.
I went with my girlfriend we are a young couple average 22 years, we took the nighclub package with limosine and 2 hours of drinking for free in another South Beach group hotel, and free entry on Cameo arriving in Hummer limosine!
You want more than that!??
Great Hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jane L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is great to know you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay and the Nightclub Package. We look forward to your return.

Columbus, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I thought this hotel was great! It exceeded my expectations. I got a great price on this place on Priceline and was well aware of the so called "hidden charges." As a well-informed traveler I knew about the $15/night resort fee (My friend and I drank more than $15 worth of liquor during the free happy hour so this wasn't really a problem for me.) Also, the hotel does NOT have its own parking. You can valet at its sister hotel for $28/night. I chose to park in the 7th and Collins Parking garage(3 blocks away) for $20/day. The location of the hotel was prime for the price. About an 8 minute walk to the beach and Ocean Drive. You DO NOT need a car while on South Beach. WALK! It's easier and you get to see plenty of people.

The hotel staff was super friendly and answered all of my questions. The one exception would be the bartender (female, on the night of 24th...she seemed to resent the free happy hour though I tipped her for every drink she served me?!?). The patio outside is perfect for getting a smoke, people watching, and sipping on drinks. The music plays until late night, but I thought this added to the whole young and sexy party motif of the hotel/South Beach.

The room was comfortable and featured a huge Flat screen TV. There was no Wi-Fi, but my room was two doors down from the lobby, so I got access for FREE!!

Check-in and Check-Out were fast and efficient (one of my pet peeves).

Room Tip: Get one close to the lobby for Free WiFi!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
EA706,

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

My family and I were headed to St. Thomas on standby and got bumped a couple of times so decided to stay in South Beach Miami. I went to Hotels.com and came across Hotel Chelsea for a good price. I was a little unsure of what we were getting for the rate I got it at. I must admit Hotel Chelsea was a great choice. Rooms were nice beds very comfy and enough space for a group of 4. Elizabeth was a great help on restaurants around the area to try and just things in general to do. Yes hotel is a little noisy BUT who goes to Miami more so South Beach to sleep. Yes they do play loud music but if u have kids I am pretty sure you have learned to tone alot of things out. Free happy hour on limited liquor but hey it is just to get u started and on your way. Also was good for mingling with others. I would most definitely stay at Hotel Chelsea again and I do recommend it to my friends and whomever has thought about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Sassylakeergurl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Chelsea. We look forward to your return very soon.

Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

- Thought we were getting a bargain but were surprised about the 20$ additional costs per night just to stay there. This was not mentioned anywhere.
- We asked for a quite room and were given one next to the bar where the DJ plays until 11:30 but the party goes until early morning (5am). VERY LOUD!!!
- We changed the next day for a room on the 3rd floor which was quite but had NO RUNNING HOT WATER. In the end we gave up and had cold showers because the staff were useless.
- Great location but the need to decide who comes first - THE DRUNKS OFF THE STREET OR THE HOTEL GUESTS. - Is it a bar or a hotel?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Allsmileslover,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. It is unfortunate to learn of your dissatisfaction with our hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding our bar and overall operation of the hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a future stay.

Vibe Manager

Been to Hotel Chelsea? Share your experiences!