“Good stay at the Casa Claridge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Claridge

You added Casa Claridge to your Saves list
Casa Claridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Claridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #24 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Good stay at the Casa Claridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The good:

Welcome drink on arrival!

Nice section of the beach laid out for guests.

Cool Art Deco/historic hotel

Good front end service

Comfortable bed

Excellent TV - lots of HD channels

The bad:

Slow room service - fries were stone cold when they arrived. Hamburger was pretty decent and the wine was enjoyable

$15 charge for a cover/umbrella on the beach is a bit of a rip off.

Our used/finished room service tray was outside of our room for 4-5 hours which is insane -- staff walking past ignoring its presence.

Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montreal,Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This boutique hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. It's located in the northern part of South Beach where it's a lot more quiet. It's about 20 blocks away from the action , a 25 minute walk. The beach area located across the street is on a beautiful quiet stretch and one of the nicest beach and ocean fronts that we've ever visited in the entire Caribbean. By the afternoon you can walk out 150 years in the sand with water below your waist. Nearby Tiki Bar at the Courtside Marriot was great, as well as breakfast outdoors at the Croyden Hotel. Unfortunately there was a lot of construction around during our stay however this seems to be common all over South Beach and obviously no fault of the hotel. There is no pool or gym however with the beach as calm as it is , a pool is not needed and the boardwalk at the beach goes on for miles if you want a walking workout. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff was great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side will be quieter due to the present construction
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is staffed by well meaning, but poorly trained people. I spent a weekend there and was appalled by the lack of attention to detail - I paid for a room with breakfast but was charged for everything we ate at breakfast. I asked for coffee to be brought to the room and was handed a carafe with paper cups (no lids) after 2 phones calls. No tray, no sugar, nothing.

The interior design photographs well, but the rooms feel sparse and uncurated. Just very very plain. The terrace doesn't have chairs but does feature a dead plant. Weird. The bathrooms - well - there's a reason they aren't photographed on the website. They are a mismatched, out of date collection of god knows what which makes you feel like you are staying at your aunt' summer home which was only redone in the 90s. From the cheap step in tub, to the plastic shower valve, it's just odd.

I wrote the hotel to complain and politely ask to at least be reimbursed for my breakfast charges (I paid $584/night) but didn't receive a response. I sent a follow up email, but never heard back. I have chalked it up to poor service from an almost-cute hotel.

Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Visited Casa Claridge end of October 2014. We managed a great deal through TravelZoo due to construction next door - and across the street - and half a block down... Seems most of Collins ave is being built up or re-built, so we can't call it "quieter", but still a nice location away from the busier South Beach (SOBE).

There are enough restaurants and small stores to get what you need for a short stay. Also just one $2 bus ride to the more scenic SOBE (15th ave and lower) or shopping on Lincoln (past 17th).

The hotel itself has tremendous style as a refurbished older building with traditional doors and woodwork. Also has an open mezzanine that brings a lot of natural light into a sitting area. One drawback is that the older doors and frames are terrible for soundproofing.

There's a small restaurant with a small breakfast menu focused on quality. Great coffee. Also a small wrap-around patio to watch traffic or the construction going on next door.

The best part was that the hotel is one short block from the beach and boardwalk. There is a small park called 36th Street Park, but - you guessed it - it's under construction! The hotel provides beach chairs and towels, umbrella optional ($5).

All of the hotel staff were accommodating and friendly. Not as fancy or with as many amenities as bigger hotels down the road, but a great place to stay in Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the south (35th St) side. Construction next door starts promptly at 7:30 AM.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeremy A, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the great feedback, T D! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique and tranquil environment here in Miami Beach. We pride ourselves in personalized service and ensuring that each guest has a unique and unforgettable experience. I will absolutely share your feedback with my staff so they are aware that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that you are able to return and enjoy another retreat with us. Please contact me directly and I am more than happy to find you a serene room on the north side where the construction will not impact your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband has always loved this hotel. They recently underwent a major renovation that turned out beautifully. Nice change of pace from chain hotels clean comfortable rooms. We ate at the lobby cafe, I had the falafel salad and the cucumber yogurt sauce was excellent. Our friend ordered a burger that he said was one of the best he's had. Fries were also awesome.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was a late arrival, no problems, I was assigned my room(Room # 04 south side closet to the construction) and our vacation started. "ALL" the staff was very friendly and all wearing a bright smile. We met the housekeepers and they too were smiling bright. This hotel is located in a perfect spot if you don't want to be near South Beach. You walk one block to the beach. Casa Claridge has its own little section with Cabanas, chairs, umbrellas, and towels. There is construction and my wife and I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS about the noise. It was a very minimum amount to us.
There is metered public parking across the street from the hotel or you can valet park with the hotel for a fee. I am on vacation, so I don't worry about cost. The gentleman who brought us our car, held my wife hand escorting her to the car, helped her in the car and closed the door after seeing she was in. I do not remember his name but what a SPECIAL TOUCH!
The room gave me that Bed And Breakfast feel(very intimate and personal), the bed was very comfortable, nice size flat screen tv, I had NO issues with the free wi-fi, nice mini bar, in room safe, and it was very clean! We did not eat at the restaurant so I can comment on that. We did forget to get our free complimentary drink so when we come next year you owe us double(lololol). There was no vending or ice machines in case you wanted something late. 

My hat is off to Mariah, Jose(Did my late check in), James(At the beach), and another very beautiful young lady at the front desk whos name I cannot remember. I received this deal through Priceline and I would LOVE to get this same deal again next year.

Keith
Keithjwps8318@gmail.com

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel. We had no idea what to expect with Casa Claridge. We were very happy. The hotel is a boutique hotel ideally located near the beach and downtown. It's in excellent condition and well maintained. The centre multi story display was unique and breath-taking. There is construction happening around the hotel but we did not notice any noise. Free, well lit parking available across the street in the public lot from 6pm to 8am. $27 valet at the hotel. There is a $13/day resort fee for wifi and beach access.
Staff. The staff was Profesional and helpful on all occasions we spoke with them. Housekeeping came by in the evening to endure we had everything we needed.
Room. Fabulous. Spacious, we'll equipped, bed was dreamy comfortable. I tried to find something wrong and all I could find was the tub was slow to drain. Then I realized I had not used the drain properly and that worked perfectly too.
Bar. We came back after a long day at the beach and restaurants and enjoyed a drink on the front porch from the Casa Claridge bar. Great place to unwind...not noisy at all.

We had a wonderful but short stay in Miami. We would stay again at Casa Claridge. Simply lovely spot that exceeded our expectations.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Claridge? Share your experiences!