“The Staff Make this Hotel Unique” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Claridge

You added Casa Claridge to your Saves list
Casa Claridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Claridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #24 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“The Staff Make this Hotel Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A charming building nicely decorated and near the beach, but the thing that makes this hotel stand-out are the fabulous staff. All young but so committed, friendly and professional. Never once did we see a flustered or grumpy face. Always cheerful. Only criticism of hotel was that it was some way from South Beach. But then it was very quiet. Room was charming, simple and clean. A great experience.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Richmond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for a week in Jan, 2015 and it was a great experience. Staff was awesome and extremely friendly. Food was very good. Room was very nice and comfortable. Across from the beach with their own designated area for guests. Nothing but good experiences and we will stay there again!!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at Casa Claridge for two nights. The room was comfortable and charming, but not quite as nice as the hotel we had transferred from just down the street at around the same price point. Although the staff seemed attentive upon arrival, I was a bit disappointed by the customer service overall. I tried to check in early but our room wasn't available (which was fine). They assured me they would phone me to let me know when it was ready. I waited for 30 minutes and checked back (still not ready) and so I left and went to the beach, which is across the road and very convenient. After 2 hours, I still hadn't received a call. I returned to find that the room was ready but that they just hadn't bothered to call. Also a bit annoying was that when I sat down in the restaurant to have lunch and wait, I pulled out my laptop to do a bit of work. I was promptly told that I wasn't allowed to use it in the dining area, when right in front of me at another table, a customer was using his laptop. We got a very good rate for this hotel on hoteltonight so overall good value but not as good as the reviews seem to indicate.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you're looking for a place to stay from the busy life of Miami beach, Casa Claridge is definitely the place for it. The location is perfect as you have a full access to the private beach and promenade, public parking space just right across the street and by driving a few minutes you'll be in the centre of the Miami activities. The hotel staffs, housekeeper, the guy on duty in their private beach are friendly and helpful. The room itself was Ok if you're looking for a place to sleep in as like any other basic hotel accommodation. The reading corner decorated nicely and there's plenty of space to spare for the other hotel guests. The restaurants was kinda cosy and intimate as they only set up a few tables indoor and outdoor, but we found out that the price for breakfast was a bit expensive for us. The only flaws about the hotel is that, there are ongoing construction surrounding the hotel, it doesn't really bother us in daytime as we are away most of the time but our car was full of dust by the time the valet guy bring it to us. So my suggestion is that, you park your car in a public parking space away from the construction site. Overall, it's a lovely place to stay in Miami beach.

Room Tip: Choose the room away from the main road as we've got this side during our stay, and as a result...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being in the hospitality industry, Casa Claridge completely surpassed my expectations. The staff was amazing and very hospitable, and that includes the valet staff and the pleasant and hardworking housekeepers. Everyone was very enjoyable and pleasant to talk to, including the front desk. Jose, especially, was very accommodating and attentive to the guests needs. If you are looking to escape the hustle and the bustle of Miami, Casa Claridge is the place. A very quiet and unique hotel, with so much charm. I even went out of the way to make a phone call to let the Manager know about my amazing experience.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed in this charming hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Great place to stay.Beach is accessible right across the street. The service was excellent! Will definitely come back and recommend the place to our friends.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Claridge overall.

STAFF: The best aspect of the stay was definitely how attentive and helpful the staff were throughout - from check-in to check-out. Incredible.

ACCOMMODATIONS: The place itself is cute. I liked that each room is unique - it felt like less of a "cookie cutter" experience you might get at a large, chain hotel. That said, it adds risk to the quality of room you end up getting for your money, as I think some rooms are better than others. So ideally, you should get there early the day you arrive and try to explore whichever rooms are available to get your pick of the litter. I recommend upper floors. And, while construction is going on, you should probably shoot to be on the opposite side from the construction.

LOCATION: As for location, if you're into being in a less hustle-and-bustle part of the beach, Claridge is great. It's a 1 minute walk to the beach, where they have complementary chairs set up for guests. And that part of the beach is pretty darn peaceful. It's a good 30 minute walk (1.5 miles) to the main drag of shops/restaurants, but there are actually nice restaurants nearby at other hotels (I didn't eat at the Claridge restaurant, mostly because I wanted to explore a bit and was already staying there). E.g., Essensia at The Palms is great and very close by.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Claridge? Share your experiences!