“Amazing Staff, Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Claridge

You added Casa Claridge to your Saves list
Casa Claridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Claridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #11 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Amazing Staff, Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Being in the hospitality industry, Casa Claridge completely surpassed my expectations. The staff was amazing and very hospitable, and that includes the valet staff and the pleasant and hardworking housekeepers. Everyone was very enjoyable and pleasant to talk to, including the front desk. Jose, especially, was very accommodating and attentive to the guests needs. If you are looking to escape the hustle and the bustle of Miami, Casa Claridge is the place. A very quiet and unique hotel, with so much charm. I even went out of the way to make a phone call to let the Manager know about my amazing experience.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I stayed in this charming hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Great place to stay.Beach is accessible right across the street. The service was excellent! Will definitely come back and recommend the place to our friends.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed my stay at Claridge overall.

STAFF: The best aspect of the stay was definitely how attentive and helpful the staff were throughout - from check-in to check-out. Incredible.

ACCOMMODATIONS: The place itself is cute. I liked that each room is unique - it felt like less of a "cookie cutter" experience you might get at a large, chain hotel. That said, it adds risk to the quality of room you end up getting for your money, as I think some rooms are better than others. So ideally, you should get there early the day you arrive and try to explore whichever rooms are available to get your pick of the litter. I recommend upper floors. And, while construction is going on, you should probably shoot to be on the opposite side from the construction.

LOCATION: As for location, if you're into being in a less hustle-and-bustle part of the beach, Claridge is great. It's a 1 minute walk to the beach, where they have complementary chairs set up for guests. And that part of the beach is pretty darn peaceful. It's a good 30 minute walk (1.5 miles) to the main drag of shops/restaurants, but there are actually nice restaurants nearby at other hotels (I didn't eat at the Claridge restaurant, mostly because I wanted to explore a bit and was already staying there). E.g., Essensia at The Palms is great and very close by.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really liked the Casa Claridge initially. From the welcome drink, to the staff, the availability of late checkout it was first class. I would give it 5 stars except I expect to sleep in on vacation. We knew there was construction as it was just across the street from our room. I specifically asked what time it started and was told a late start of 10am as there are corporate ties with the contractor etc. I mentally revised to maybe 9am. We were woken up at 7:30!! If I had been expecting this and been given the opportunity to grab some earplugs OR pay for an upgraded room away from the noise I wouldn't be so upset about it. But as it was there was just a "sorry they usually start later". That's not what I want to hear! Tell the customer the correct time or somehow make it right! That's what I do in MY business.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the construction
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend and I stayed here in January 2015 after returning from a cruise. This place is great! Excellent customer service as the staff opened doors and hailed cabs for us. We received fresh cold water and welcome cocktails upon our arrival. Initially, our room wasn't ready (we arrived early) but we enjoyed the bar and the cozy sitting/reading area. The room we enjoyed on the 2nd floor faced Collins avenue and the ocean. It was airy, clean, and had a relaxing atmosphere equipped with AC and a fan. The bed and pillows were awesome and we enjoyed a large HD flat screen TV. The bartender was from Cuba and we shared a few stories as we got to know one another. One staff member named Lloyd recommended great places to eat and enjoy while we were in town. He is friendly, knowledgeable and truly a gentleman.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently spent a few nights at Casa Claridge and couldn't be more impressed. Located in the new Miami hot spot of Mid Beach, Casa Claridge is like being at your home away from home. My expectations of great service was forever enhanced by the overwhelming care the staff had for me and my fellow guests. At the helms is a true superhero, Michelle Walder (AKA: Wonder Woman). I have never felt more welcome of better looked after by her and her staff. They seemed to have some magic crystal ball telling them every need I might have before I even knew I had it. It was more than just a welcoming atmosphere, it was the very definition of guest service. The hotel itself is a classic throwback to tasteful luxury and in my opinion you simply cannot find the level of service excellence at any other property on Miami Beach.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked at the last minute for just one night to get away. We were taking a risk booking online sight unseen. I work in the hotel business and am a picky customer. I recommend parking across the street where you can pay using your cell phone and plate #. Check in was efficient and friendly. Our bellman suggested an area to go for dinner (and we did). You are offered a welcome cocktail as well.

Our room was on the 2nd floor and was spacious with a 4 poster bed, robes and C.O. Bigelow amenities. The bed was super comfy. It was high and we pretended to run and high jump onto it. You do hear a small amount of street noise but after 12am that is minimal. The Atlantic is across the street and the hotel offers comp chairs and towels.

The public spaces were comfortable and filled with art, bookcases and seating. In the atrium there is a huge fabric sculpture that totally fascinated me. We did not eat here but did take the bellman's advice and went to Espanola Way, a nice pedestrian friendly area with gads of restaurants and shops (parking is a bear).

We will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Claridge? Share your experiences!