“Old Time Charm.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Claridge

You added Casa Claridge to your Saves list
Casa Claridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Claridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #36 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Middletown, New York
“Old Time Charm.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Beautiful and charming hotel. Hotel lobby is very comfortable and relaxing. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My wife and I will definitely return. Very clean! An all around great stay.

Room Tip: Front rooms on the upper floors will give you ocean views.
Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Claridge hotel for just 2 days, and wish I can go back soon. The hotel is part of the "historical hotels of america" association, and keeps the charm of old times, offering most of modern comforts. The staff is very gentle and friendly, and made me feel at home from the very beginning. The room is spacious and clean, nicely decorated with classic style furniture, featuring a wonderful king-size bed in my room. There's a nice and cosy lounge at the ground floor, surrounded with bookshelves and an interesting selection of titles - an invitation to just relax and read for a while. The restaurant is very good, and for breakfast offers a good selection of healthy options. The beach is just a block away, and the hotel offers a beach service. There is a bus stop just across the street, where you can catch even sightseeing buses. Also, it sits in a privileged location, with easy access to the main points of interest in Miami beach. Being a small hotel, with a very friendly and gentle staff, it really made me feel at home.

Room Tip: Rooms at the ground floor have king-size beds
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Treviso, Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been there for a short vacation in Miami a few days ago and it's been a surprise! It was not that easy to find (as name is not so visible and street number is not there) but we felt like at home. The staff is very gentle and really nice and they were all so helpful in many occasions. The room is spacious and comfortable (we have been upgraded to a king-size bed....wow!) and very clean in cuban style. Very very cosy and nice! The beach is just across the street, one block away and the hotel has a beach service included in the room price. The bus stop is just across the street and many buses pass by to South Beach and to the airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Miami Beach!! Thanks to you all, guys!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here overnight as I was cruising out the next day. The hotel has been completely renovated and the lobby and rooms are just beautiful. Being in a very hot neighborhood right now you cannot beat it. I had a Travelzoo deal for this stay but I most certainly plan to return!

June R

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really appreciate the confort, size of the room and the atmosphere.
They don't trick you by telling that at the check in that there is an almost free parking outside.

However:
- they charge you without notice ressort fees (even if you dont go... to the beach) which is about 15 usd/d
- The first night the parking outside was full and I used their vallet parking. They damaged the leased car... Which costed me arround 500 usd...

bisou613, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Thibaut Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. While I am happy to hear our receptionist was transparent about the self parking across the street, I am very concerned to hear about your car and would love more details about the situation since I was not notified of this at your departure. Additionally, resort fees are a very common fee charged by Hotels in Miami Beach that include amenities such as the beach club, wifi, welcome drinks, newspapers etc. You bring up a very good point though in regards to this and I will bring this up right away with our accounting team.

Please contact me directly about your vehicle at michelle@casaclaridge.com or call me at the hotel at + 1(305)604-8485.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to stay. Not your traditional hotel as it is a renovated historic house. Nonetheless, all of the details are taken care of: great bed, pillows and sheets, luxurious towels. It is away from the busy neon lights but close enough to that you can walk if you enjoy 30 minute walks. Beach is accessible right across the street. The service at the front desk was great, especially an extremely helpful girl named Anna. I would suggest this to anyone looking for something different and comfortable.

Room Tip: There is construction on the lot south of the hotel. Ask for a room on the north side.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Laura D,

Thank you for your great review! We loved that you took notice of some of the historical details of the property and I will gladly share your feedback with Anna. We hope to see you again soon!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline. The room rate including taxes was prepaid. When i checked out I was charged just over $12 per night as a resort fee. I think it is an overstrech to consider this hotel a resort and to charge a resort fee. The hotel is an old building that was nicely renovated recently. The rooms are clean but basic. Very limited TV channels with no TV guide. In summary nice clean basic hotel but In my opinion does not qualify as a resort.

• Stayed November 2014
bisou613, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Yahya A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your recent stay - you bring up a very good point. Resort fees are very common in Miami Beach. We offer many amenities such as our beach club, family activities, wifi throughout the property, welcome drinks etc. I will contact priceline to make sure that we are being clear during the booking process. Additionally, we are working with our TV provider to offer as many channels as possible and our guide is currently in development. Thank you for bringing up these points and please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions. We hope to see you again soon!

Michelle

Been to Casa Claridge? Share your experiences!