“Mix of top and flops” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Claridge

You added Casa Claridge to your Saves list
Casa Claridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Claridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #36 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brussels, Belgium
“Mix of top and flops”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I really appreciate the confort, size of the room and the atmosphere.
They don't trick you by telling that at the check in that there is an almost free parking outside.

However:
- they charge you without notice ressort fees (even if you dont go... to the beach) which is about 15 usd/d
- The first night the parking outside was full and I used their vallet parking. They damaged the leased car... Which costed me arround 500 usd...

bisou613, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Thibaut Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. While I am happy to hear our receptionist was transparent about the self parking across the street, I am very concerned to hear about your car and would love more details about the situation since I was not notified of this at your departure. Additionally, resort fees are a very common fee charged by Hotels in Miami Beach that include amenities such as the beach club, wifi, welcome drinks, newspapers etc. You bring up a very good point though in regards to this and I will bring this up right away with our accounting team.

Please contact me directly about your vehicle at michelle@casaclaridge.com or call me at the hotel at + 1(305)604-8485.

Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great place to stay. Not your traditional hotel as it is a renovated historic house. Nonetheless, all of the details are taken care of: great bed, pillows and sheets, luxurious towels. It is away from the busy neon lights but close enough to that you can walk if you enjoy 30 minute walks. Beach is accessible right across the street. The service at the front desk was great, especially an extremely helpful girl named Anna. I would suggest this to anyone looking for something different and comfortable.

Room Tip: There is construction on the lot south of the hotel. Ask for a room on the north side.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Laura D,

Thank you for your great review! We loved that you took notice of some of the historical details of the property and I will gladly share your feedback with Anna. We hope to see you again soon!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline. The room rate including taxes was prepaid. When i checked out I was charged just over $12 per night as a resort fee. I think it is an overstrech to consider this hotel a resort and to charge a resort fee. The hotel is an old building that was nicely renovated recently. The rooms are clean but basic. Very limited TV channels with no TV guide. In summary nice clean basic hotel but In my opinion does not qualify as a resort.

• Stayed November 2014
bisou613, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Yahya A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your recent stay - you bring up a very good point. Resort fees are very common in Miami Beach. We offer many amenities such as our beach club, family activities, wifi throughout the property, welcome drinks etc. I will contact priceline to make sure that we are being clear during the booking process. Additionally, we are working with our TV provider to offer as many channels as possible and our guide is currently in development. Thank you for bringing up these points and please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions. We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was a nice surprise. The price is lower than others in the area and some of the old reviews were bad so we were a bit nervous.

The hotel is in the final steps of complete renovation. There's a good culture among the staff that makes them very eager to help. I got the feeling that they were eager for me to enjoy their hotel. So our evaluation was very positive. They have gotten past the problems that the negative reviews highlight.

The location is across the road from the beach but it's an easy walk and there are comparatively few people in this area of Miami Beach.

The rooms are very nicely decorated. They give you some of the elements of a historic hotel but all of the finishes are either new or in excellent condition. The rooms can be a little noisy because of the hard surface floors but not annoyingly so.

If you are looking for clean and comfortable with a hip flavor and a decent value you will enjoy the hotel.

Stayed November 2014
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's our 1st time in Miami and saw Casa Claridge deal from Tripadvisor. We stayed for 2 nights and we're so satisfied with our stay. When I did the booking, I booked only for 2 people but my daughter at the last minute decided to come so I rang the hotel to request a double double room but since it was Saturday night and Miami had something happening that weekend, they're unable to accommodate my request on that 1st night but moved us on the 2nd night. The food was so good as well. All the staff are very nice.

I highly recommend this hotel. It's like home away from home and we felt right at home.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear RowiD,

Thank you for your review! We hope you had a great and memorable first time in Miami! I am sorry we couldn't accommodate your request for a room with two beds on your first evening with us, but happy to hear my team was able to move you the next day. We strive to make the Casa feel like a home for our guests and a true retreat so I am pleased that you had this experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This trip was very short but we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 day stay. This was not my first visit to Miami but my first stay at the Casa Claridge. We were greeted at the front door by Michael he brought in our bags, upgraded our room as well as escorted us to our room.
The facility has an old Spanish feel to me great for people who are into history and architect. I enjoy the antique restoration, from the door knobs to the shower/vanity and toiletries. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lorna H.,

Thank you for your review! We love that you had such a memorable experience with Michael and I will be sure to share your feedback with him, we are very lucky to have him on our team! We look forward to see you hopefully soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel isn't the newest or grandest; however my husband and I appreciate great character and attentive staff. This hotel has both! With Spanish inspiration ( terra cotta floors and beautiful columns) we couldn't help to fall in love. There are obviously quirks of an old hotel... Like tricky shower heads, but overall love our room and hotel. It's super clean and quick and friendly service (room and valet). I would certainly recommended this hotel.

Stayed November 2014
Dear Meredith S.,

Thank you for reviewing us and thanks for your recent stay! We are so excited to hear when guests comment on the same beautiful historic elements that made us fall in love with the Claridge especially since most of them remain original to the 1928 structure. I will be happy to report your experience back to the team and we hope to see you soon!

Michelle

Been to Casa Claridge? Share your experiences!