“Very disappointed with resort fee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Claridge

You added Casa Claridge to your Saves list
Casa Claridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Claridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #28 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Very disappointed with resort fee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline. The room rate including taxes was prepaid. When i checked out I was charged just over $12 per night as a resort fee. I think it is an overstrech to consider this hotel a resort and to charge a resort fee. The hotel is an old building that was nicely renovated recently. The rooms are clean but basic. Very limited TV channels with no TV guide. In summary nice clean basic hotel but In my opinion does not qualify as a resort.

• Stayed November 2014
bisou613, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Yahya A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your recent stay - you bring up a very good point. Resort fees are very common in Miami Beach. We offer many amenities such as our beach club, family activities, wifi throughout the property, welcome drinks etc. I will contact priceline to make sure that we are being clear during the booking process. Additionally, we are working with our TV provider to offer as many channels as possible and our guide is currently in development. Thank you for bringing up these points and please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions. We hope to see you again soon!

Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel was a nice surprise. The price is lower than others in the area and some of the old reviews were bad so we were a bit nervous.

The hotel is in the final steps of complete renovation. There's a good culture among the staff that makes them very eager to help. I got the feeling that they were eager for me to enjoy their hotel. So our evaluation was very positive. They have gotten past the problems that the negative reviews highlight.

The location is across the road from the beach but it's an easy walk and there are comparatively few people in this area of Miami Beach.

The rooms are very nicely decorated. They give you some of the elements of a historic hotel but all of the finishes are either new or in excellent condition. The rooms can be a little noisy because of the hard surface floors but not annoyingly so.

If you are looking for clean and comfortable with a hip flavor and a decent value you will enjoy the hotel.

Stayed November 2014
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It's our 1st time in Miami and saw Casa Claridge deal from Tripadvisor. We stayed for 2 nights and we're so satisfied with our stay. When I did the booking, I booked only for 2 people but my daughter at the last minute decided to come so I rang the hotel to request a double double room but since it was Saturday night and Miami had something happening that weekend, they're unable to accommodate my request on that 1st night but moved us on the 2nd night. The food was so good as well. All the staff are very nice.

I highly recommend this hotel. It's like home away from home and we felt right at home.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear RowiD,

Thank you for your review! We hope you had a great and memorable first time in Miami! I am sorry we couldn't accommodate your request for a room with two beds on your first evening with us, but happy to hear my team was able to move you the next day. We strive to make the Casa feel like a home for our guests and a true retreat so I am pleased that you had this experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This trip was very short but we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 day stay. This was not my first visit to Miami but my first stay at the Casa Claridge. We were greeted at the front door by Michael he brought in our bags, upgraded our room as well as escorted us to our room.
The facility has an old Spanish feel to me great for people who are into history and architect. I enjoy the antique restoration, from the door knobs to the shower/vanity and toiletries. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lorna H.,

Thank you for your review! We love that you had such a memorable experience with Michael and I will be sure to share your feedback with him, we are very lucky to have him on our team! We look forward to see you hopefully soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel isn't the newest or grandest; however my husband and I appreciate great character and attentive staff. This hotel has both! With Spanish inspiration ( terra cotta floors and beautiful columns) we couldn't help to fall in love. There are obviously quirks of an old hotel... Like tricky shower heads, but overall love our room and hotel. It's super clean and quick and friendly service (room and valet). I would certainly recommended this hotel.

Stayed November 2014
Dear Meredith S.,

Thank you for reviewing us and thanks for your recent stay! We are so excited to hear when guests comment on the same beautiful historic elements that made us fall in love with the Claridge especially since most of them remain original to the 1928 structure. I will be happy to report your experience back to the team and we hope to see you soon!

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Casa Claridge is a fine example of a boutique hotel. High level of service and a very intimate feeling. The hotel is beautiful with a very comfortable lobby. The bar is perfect for friends and meeting people. The bar has about 8 stools and tables nearby. Very attentive bartender. The hotel is located across the street from the beach. I did not find this an issue at all. There are chairs and towels available conveniently on the beach.
The hotel is a nice walk (approximately 1 mile) along the boardwalk to Lincoln Road. This is where there are many restaurants and shops.
We chose a standard room #9. It was very clean but small. The bed was only a queen and the room did not have a chair or any other place to sit other than the bed. The room was bright in the morning, lacking black out shades. The room does not have a coffee maker, and morning coffee cost about $4.50 per single cup. That was a negative to me.
There is a lot of construction in the immediate area, and it seemed that there were not any restaurants or stores in the immediate area. I suspect that once neighborhood construction is finished this will change.
Overall a great place to stay. I would have given it a 5 if we stayed in an upgraded room, and if they did not charge for morning coffee.

Room Tip: The standard room #9 is small and with no place to sit other than the bed. The bed is a queen size.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
bisou613, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Catalina36,

Thank you for posting your review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the intimate setting of our "Casa" and that you felt at home. Our bartenders are some of the most talented on Miami Beach and I will gladly share your feedback with them! I am sorry to hear about Room number 9 and you will be glad to hear we have since added a chair and small desk to that room because of your review. We are also in development of new blackout shades for those rooms that do not have sufficient black out shades.
In regards to the coffee, I am happy to review your suggestion with the team. In the meantime, we do serve La Colombe coffee and beverages from 7am to 11pm via room service and in the cafe. We also have a complimentary welcome drink for every guest and if a guest prefers to have this in the form of coffee in the morning, we would happily honor the request.
There is indeed construction all over Miami beach as the area is seeing a resurgence of exciting development. The Casa Claridge is one of 7 projects being developed which will include a modern art museum, 11 different food and beverage outlets as well as hotels and residences and we are thrilled to be a part of this up and coming neighborhood.

Thank you again for your suggestions and feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a frequent traveler and former Miami resident, I was stoked to find this little gem that is Casa Claridge.
This boutique hotel is affordable, clean, located right across the street from Miami beach and full of charm.

Highly recommended with enthusiasm!

We will be back.

• Stayed October 2014
Dear Caitlin B,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Happy to hear about guests who are as enthusiastic about the Casa Claridge as we are!

We hope to become your home away from home!

Michelle

Been to Casa Claridge? Share your experiences!