“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 9 sites
Save Saved
You added Casa Claridge to your Saves list
Casa Claridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Claridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #77 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Naples, New York
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Casa Claridge is located in a great section of Miami Beach on a quiet stretch of Collins Ave but still central, steps from the beach. My girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay very much. The service was just outstanding. The treatment from all the staff at Casa Claridge was just superb. Treated us like royalty and made us feel at home. During the course of the year I stay in many hotels and to be honest this hotel is a gem. Clearly the management knows what they are doing. Its freshly renovated and rooms are immaculate. I usually don't have time to write reviews but i will make an exception today.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The weekly mix of gropings, muggings, assaults and arrests that characterize South Beach just don't appeal to some out-of-towners.

One of my lawyer friends from the Bay Area was in town to see friends/associates and asked me for a hotel recommendation. I contacted my buddy Richard and he pointed me straight to Casa Claridge. I don't know the ins and outs but he says this place is being developed by a group he knows and has a favorable impression of and so my friend Jackie and I went to check her in. It's quiet, open, inviting and a sense of newness pervades.

It is away from South Beach (necessitating a cab or bus ride if you're not renting a car) but this, I reckon, should be considered an asset, not a drawback.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel through a Travelzoo promotion, I wasn't sure what to expect considering it is a historic hotel. When I arrived I soon found out why they where running a promotion, the whole front of the hotel is under construction and I wasn't informed in any way. The hotel is located north of Miami beach about 2 miles, it has no surrounding nightlife or dining options besides the restaurant downstairs. I was woken up to hammering and drilling every morning due to the construction. The positives of the hotel is that the rooms are renovated and clean and also you can tell the staff really cares about this place. The blonde girl at the front desk that checked me in was super nice and walked us to our room and was helpful with everything we needed. I believe after the renovations the hotel can have potential but at the moment its surrounded by construction sites and a lot of noise.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
bisou613, General Manager at Casa Claridge, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Sebastian Y.,

While I am thrilled that you had a great experience with our staff and the rooms, I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the renovation interruptions. Although the bulk of our renovations are completed, due to emergency structural repairs, some construction work remains and we try to avoid any of the work being done during evening or morning hour. We have communicated the ongoing work through our various portals and on our own website, but unfortunately we cannot always control the information third party sites such as Travelzoo. We are restoring the Claridge to it's original 1928 beauty and the idea behind the renovations are to create a true escape and a "home away from home" type of an atmosphere while honoring the original architecture as well as our artistic and creative background of the company.

We do hope to welcome you back once the full cultural and arts program is in place and we will be sure to send you all the updates.

Michelle
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As President of Parliament LMC, my clients look to me for my feedback and ability to tell the truth when sometimes the truth isn't what they may want to hear. I received a call from new clients that were referred to me. They were looking for a charming hotel that was not in the midst of the south beach madness. I have been aware of the Faena Project for over a year and in fact I attended a private luncheon where they began to disclose their plans for "The District" that I feel will bring Miami Beach to the next level in service, class and sophistication. They refer to their grouping of buildings as The District.

I remembered that they were working on the hotel that they had purchased Casa Claridge at 3500 Collins Avenue. I scheduled a site inspection of the property about 3 weeks ago with their Senior Sales Manager, Joe Shead.

As I pulled up to the hotel it looked just as had been described to me by other people in the industry and advertisements: A Mediterranean Style Hotel. It didn't consist of the "glamour, lights, and action" as the other hotels of South Beach. It was more serene, quiet and immediately I began to feel relaxed entering the hotel lobby. Maybe a Mediterranean Style Hotel is "just what the doctor ordered" for those looking for south beach but with a little bit less of the hustle and bustle of lower parts of South Beach.

I was impressed throughout my entire tour which Joe had given to me. It was quite informed of the background hotel and the vision and plans that the owner was taking for "The District." From the welcome of the valet, the greetings as I entered the lobby and the site inspection of all the different styles of rooms. All rooms were larger than I expected, appeared cozy and comfortable and would meet any travelers' needs. They kept some of the original pieces of the hotel such as the sinks which added to the ambiance of the hotel while they renovated and removed old furniture and air-conditioning systems.

After my inspection I called my clients and made my recommendations to them. In addition to the Casa Claridge, I recommended two other properties to give them some options. They chose the Casa Claridge.

Throughout their stay they updated me. They too had the same experiences that I did throughout my site inspection. The hotel surprised both me and my clients and upgraded them because they had one room left on a higher floor and ocean view. Their meals were great. Room Service was timely and made no errors on what my clients and requested.

The front desk and concierge team were extremely helpful in helping them locate shops and offering advice about restaurants. In addition, their valet cost were the lowest of other hotels in South Beach which helps anyone save money to indulge on other things to make their vacation memorable

The hotel exceeded the expectations of my clients which in my mind deserves two thumbs up or 5 stars by me.

Thank you to the management of Casa Claridge!

Room Tip: I inspected the rooms for noise since it is on a main street. There was no noise that I could hear...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard M.,

Thank you for your descriptive review of the Casa Claridge! I will be sure to share your feedback about the staff and Joe with the team! We are thrilled about being a part of the Faena district and the idea behind the Casa Claridge is to be a true retreat and guest house for those wanting a different, more home away from home type experience in Miami Beach. Our rooms, restaurant and service hopefully reflect this organic approach and we are continually working on developing relationships with our guests to help ensure a personalized approach is evident in all interactions and experiences.

Along with further design developments, we are also working on an exciting cultural and artistic program to complement our relationship with the Arts here in Miami and in Buenos Aires. We will be sure to keep you posted on all of our events and happenings!

We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed in this charming hotel last week and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were nicely decorated and bigger than what we expected. The location was great as it was right across the beach and within minutes of most restaurants. We celebrated our one year anniversary and truly had an amazing stay. We will definitely come back next year.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Catania09,

Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent stay with us! Happy to hear you had a great first anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. We are working on various artistic and cultural programs inside the hotel for our guests and neighbors and will be sure to share with you the exciting developments.

All the best,

St. Petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a hotel. First and foremost, the manager, Jeremy Abramson, was excellent. He helped me with my reservation and through several emails, he personally answered questions I had about the hotel and the area in general. He made some great suggestions for restaurants in the area, as well as the restaurant in the hotel. My husband had some business to do the day we arrived and Jeremy made arrangements for us to get into our room a little early so he could set up his laptop and work (while I went for a massage at The Palms, but that's another review). Casa Claridge just went through a total renovation but they carefully preserved the history of this 1930's gem. It is beautiful. It' not full of fancy amenities, but I like that. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean & spacious, and it was quiet. They have a small, but well stocked bar and a very nice restaurant. The beach is just across the street and there are cabanas and chairs to use. I wish we could have stayed longer.....but we only had a weekend get-away. And Jeremy and all of the terrific staff made it one to remember.

Room Tip: Even though the beach view is at the front of the hotel, that also faces the street, which is busy a...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Isi1234,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We did indeed just go through a major renovation and are almost complete. I am thrilled to hear that Jeremy was able to accommodate you and your husband's request for an earlier check-in due to a conference call and I will share all of your positive feedback with him at the team. We look forward to your return!

Michelle Walder

Been to Casa Claridge? Share your experiences!