“Charming boutique hotel with perfect location on Miami beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Claridge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #105 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Charming boutique hotel with perfect location on Miami beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

After having lived 6 months in Miami, I came back for holidays and chosed to stay a few nights at Claridge hotel.

I had heard that the hotel had recently been fully renovated. Indeed it offers now very spacious and modern rooms with amazing beds! On top, the interior architecture makes you feel like in Andalusia or Morocco - atmosphere that differs very much from most of the south beach hotels that mostly look only modern and luxurious, often soulless.

Also, the staff was super welcoming and well informed. A big thank you to Jeremy, the manager, for his warm welcome and great tips for our stay.

The breakfast, a la carte, does not offer the extended selection from many other hotels buffets but the right selection of fresh and delicious products. The juices are all freshly daily squeezed. And the granola served with berries and honey is just one of the best I ate !

Lastly I really liked the location. While being not too far from the crazy lively south beach, it is far enough to find some less crowded and quiet beaches like the closest one to the hotel. Also it a just a few blocks from the soho beach club which has the best Sunday brunch of Miami!

So i would definitely recommend this hotel to enjoy Miami Beach with some quiet and lot of comfort !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

It is a nice old building, refurnished as a hotel. The picture of the web page is true.
Breakfast was good, although not too abundant. Employees at the front desk were nice and courteous.
You can park your car just in front of the hotel in a public, paid parking. It by far less expensive than the valet parking they offer in the hotel. But you should be careful to renew your payment every 3 hours, that is the maximum that is allowed to pay in the machine. it is free from 6:00PM to 8:00AM. The first day I paid a fine, although it was still cheaper than the valet parking.
We were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room.
We stayed four nights, and location is good to reach South beach. If you are visiting northern neighborhoods, like Sunny Island Beach or Aventura, I would recommend another hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel, and my wife didn't like this hotel at all.

Room Tip: The first room was in the first floor, looking at nothing, rather dark, we didn't like it. So th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear EdoSal,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay from February of this year. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Reception staff and the public parking close to the hotel. Due to new ownership, we have completely renovated each Room and our public spaces and we would love for you and your wife to come and experience the hotel now as it is completely different. Feel free to reach out directly to me at Michelle@Casaclaridge.com for further information and again, we would love to see you again soon and re-introduce you to the Casa Claridge!
Sincerely, Michelle
Fort Pierce, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I very recently stayed at this very charming and very newly renovated hotel and have to say it was my very best stay in Miami Beach. My room was one of the completely renovated and refurbished rooms with amenities that I very much enjoyed. The new furniture and décor is not only up to today's standard but beyond that. The room was very clean and the new ownership with their new management are doing the very utmost to make one's stay memorable and enjoyable. A surprise as well was finding the all new luxurious beach furniture on the beach for their hotel guests. Their new management and staff was most helpful and made sure that my stay was absolutely great. I lfell in love with this place and cannot wait to get back and see all the other rooms and eat at their recently renovated restaurant with their new menu.

Room Tip: When I booked my room directly with the hotel, I asked for a quiet and spacious room. My room was p...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Munschkin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Casa Claridge! We are thrilled to hear that you love the new rooms and design as much as we do! Indeed our property is a special one and we are working very diligently to bring the Claridge back to its original and unique beauty here on Miami Beach. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Feel free to reach out to me directly at Michelle@casaclaridge.com for future bookings.

Sincerely, Michelle
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I arrived at the said hotel at 8am after a 10.5 hour flight and being up almost 27 hours, we were greeted by a young man who opened the doors for us, his clothes were filthy, and not ironed (not a great first impression) then we went inside and the place was like morgue, the receptionist lady was nice until it came to the room, we were told we would have to wait until 3 or 4pm depending before we could get into the room, not ideal as we were shattered and wanted a shower, I asked her was it possible to push it forward and she said no I would need to book in advance! My partner and I said ok we went outside to the seating area and it was filthy DIRTY, cigarette butts everywhere, the couchs outside had black patches ans dirt on them, there was no ashtrays to be seen. At this stage I was furious and upset I had booked and planned this trip through a travel agent who I have used before (and I find excellent! ) at to come into this was terrible, so we went back in and asked could we get a coffee she said yes and we said can you point us towards the restaurant and she said behind you...it was tiny, old fashioned, dirty and the staff including the 2 chefs were standing looking at us! So I just asked could I look around and noticed that everywhere was boared up or covered in plastic so there was no were to go, I asked were was the pool and she said that's it but it's closed!! The so called pool was like a small jacuzzi, so my partner and I said no way, we rang our fabulous travel agent(from the reception phone, so she heard everything I was unhappy with, she didn't flutter an eye lid) explained all, she herself was furious with the situation and had us moved into the marriott court cadillac just down the road and it was amazing everything from the staff, and interior and exterior..just AMAZING!

We asked to speak with a manager and was told they would not be in until 10 and even then the manager might not be in but we could just speak with the general manger whenever they arrived, we just said no we were leaving she said ok, sorry that was it!

Now it's an old hotel I know that but this place should be closed it's terrible!

Also we questioned the renovations over 2 months before we came looking on trip advisor they told my travel agent there was no renovations happening just annual painting which would be finished by the time we arrived which was a LIE! It was more then painting! When i
I brought this up with the receptionist she said they had just started but again like a previous couple we were not imformed NOR was our agent!! There were more workers then customers and no sign of fresh paint anywhere and it's in dire need of!

• Stayed June 2014
Michelle W, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Summer2015,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience with us this past Saturday. Indeed, we are undergoing a beautification process for the Claridge Hotel and there is work continuously happening in various areas of the property. However, the rooms, restaurant and beach club are fully operational and renovated and I am sad to hear that you were not able to enjoy the accommodations since you never completed the check-in process. I have already spoken to the receptionist who helped you and reviewed your experience with her as well as the rest of the team to make sure no other guest has a similar experience. Additionally, I have addressed the cleanliness issue of our terrace as well as the appearance of our linen uniforms and will ensure that this is constantly observed. As you may know, we are under new ownership and are working diligently to make sure that there is no outdated information on the internet such as our swimming pool which we have removed from all of our own communication platforms since this past November. We have already been in touch with your travel agent since last week to confirm that you will be fully refunded for your booking with us. I would love to have the chance to speak with you personally if possible and invite you back to the Claridge once our renovation is complete. Feel free to email me the best method of communication that I can contact you with at Michelle@casaclaridge.com and I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Michelle
Omagh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

So where do I start. Firstly was never informed by the hotel or my travel company that this hotel was being renovated. I have now been informed that hotels must let the travel companies know that they are carrying out renovations, so they can let potential customers know. Obviously the claridge hotel would rather spoil a couples honeymoon than let them know that renovations are taking place.
Arrived at the hotel at 2pm and was told we could not check in until 3pm as the room was not ready, even though no one had ever stayed in these brand new rooms.( we was told we were the first people in these new rooms) We were given a map and told to explore the area and beach. We were never asked if we would prefer to stay and get a drink in the bar ( as we had just spent 3 ½ hours driving down from Orlando), guess they didn't want us to see all the work going on. or maybe the guy fixing the electrics didn't want us to stay.
So we went away to the one shop in this great located hotel to get a drink that we were not offered in the hotel. We returned back to the hotel at three and were told the guy that normally checks people in was on break. So I’m guessing if he's on break no one can be checked in. We were then told we can actually check in but the room keys were not ready and we would get them later.
After walking past all the furniture wrapped in plastic we got the lift up to our floor. We weaved our way past all the builders working and paper taped to the floor all the plaster on the floor and wet plaster on the wall also all the people painting, we finally made it to our room.
We were shown around our room by the porter, the first cupboard he opened he told us this is where your robes are his reply was "that's where they should be I will bring them up to you" he then walked past the 10ft by 6ft mirror which was leaning against the wall not attached, lucky we didn't have kids if that fell on someone it would kill them. He then showed us the TV but he had to check if it worked. Then to the next cupboard where the fridge should have been his reply was "that's not been put in yet I will bring one up to you later". What was he going to do bring it up then we would have to wait 24 hours for it to cool.
Then he left; me and my wife looked at each other and knew we was not going to stay here. So I went down to reception to let them know, now most hotels would try their hardest to get you to stay but the response was "okay sorry". Whilst sat in the room we had one builder knock the door to try and do work in our room. Then housekeeping knocked also to try and do work. Not one person from the hotel came anywhere near our room to help us whilst we were trying to sort out another hotel. Only for me going down to the desk and asking for help did we get sorted. I have never been so happy to see a taxi to get us out of there. We moved to the Gale hotel just off Lincoln road stunning hotel they would do anything for you. It was also not being renovated.
I would like to thank the claridge hotel for wrecking the first day and half we had in Miami whilst on our honeymoon that we will never get back. I checked on the hotel website to see if they were taking customers and it came up that hotel was full even though there was very little people in the hotel. So obviously they were not ready for customers and were not taking any bookings. This place was happy enough to take our money and let us stay in a building site. The hotel may be nice when renovation are complete but would advise people to STAY AWAY from a hotel that clearly doesn't care about their customers. I have added all the photos we took of the hotel. I would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Firstly, congratulations on your nuptials!
I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience with us at the Claridge Hotel Miami Beach. We are indeed undergoing a renovation to update our 50 individual guest rooms and the day you checked in was our first day back open to the public after extensive work. What you witnessed upon arrival was not the condition that we wish for our guests to be welcomed into. We did indeed notify all of our travel agencies and third party websites and I am disappointed that this was not conveyed to you in a transparent manner.
We are very excited to present the new and improved version of the Claridge and I am saddened that you were not able to experience this. I am glad to hear you ended up staying at the Gale and enjoying your time with them. I am happy that modifying our cancellation policy and issuing a full refund assisted in you enjoying the rest of your honeymoon. The Claridge will be fully completed within weeks and I personally would love to invite you back so that you can experience the hotel with the style and service that we have been diligently working to create.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Michelle@Casaclaridge.com and I look forward to hearing from you! Sincerely, Michelle
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great reasonably priced hotel, excellent location. Parking is a bit tricky but at least it's just across the road as is the beach. + they have a big spa type bath in the main lobby/central area! This is the second time I've stayed here and I would again

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Me and my mum stayed here whilst spending two weeks in Miami. The location was perfect - a stone's throw from the beach, walking distance to the main parts of South Beach and Ocean Drive but not so close that it was noisy. The building is beautiful and our room was lovely. Classy decor and huge, really comfortable beds.
The staff made it for me. There were two young men and a young lady working on the front desk (sorry, forgot names!), and they all greeted us and chatted with us every time we passed. Nothing was too much trouble, every time we asked about transport, restaurants, day trips, weather, Miami in general etc etc, they'd take loads of time to help a couple of English tourists!
Thank you to everyone at the Claridge Hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a sea view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!