“Great place came back again” 4 of 5 stars

Claridge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #103 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place came back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great reasonably priced hotel, excellent location. Parking is a bit tricky but at least it's just across the road as is the beach. + they have a big spa type bath in the main lobby/central area! This is the second time I've stayed here and I would again

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Me and my mum stayed here whilst spending two weeks in Miami. The location was perfect - a stone's throw from the beach, walking distance to the main parts of South Beach and Ocean Drive but not so close that it was noisy. The building is beautiful and our room was lovely. Classy decor and huge, really comfortable beds.
The staff made it for me. There were two young men and a young lady working on the front desk (sorry, forgot names!), and they all greeted us and chatted with us every time we passed. Nothing was too much trouble, every time we asked about transport, restaurants, day trips, weather, Miami in general etc etc, they'd take loads of time to help a couple of English tourists!
Thank you to everyone at the Claridge Hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a sea view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed at the hotel as a family in one of the "junior suites". We specifically booked such a room to have a guest bed for our son.

The sofa bed in the room was so old that the springs could be seen through the mattress - our son struggled sleeping on it. The next night we got a folding bed which had a very similar issue.

Our bed was ok so if you have no kids and do not need to use the sofa bed/guest bed I guess you will be fine.

Location wise - we wanted to stay away from the busy streets but the hotel was a bit too far for us. With buses not running regularly in the evenings and nights we ended up taking a taxi every night back to the hotel.

All in all the hotel is OK but am sure there are plenty other - potentially better at its price range.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Nice hotel across the road from beautiful beach, in process of renovations but this never caused us any problems. The staff are very polite and couldn't be more helpful, breakfast good. Would stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Avon, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel itself is very small. The rooms are a decent size. We stayed in a double. The air conditioning worked perfectly and kept our room nice and cool. The bathroom was a bit small, the sink was outside of the bathroom next to the second bed. There was a pool but no water in it however I wasn't mad about it because I feel that activity in the pool would've caused lots of noise and we were on the ground floor. Decor was quaint and seemed very Italian. Everything was extremely clean from the floors of the lobby to the beds. The reason I would come back to this hotel would be the staff and the excellent customer service I received every day from them. David, Michael, and Juan are absolute assets to this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I did a ton of research before choosing this hotel for our one night stay in Miami Beach before our cruise. I wanted a historic building but not in the middle of everything since I had my two sons along with my wife. I booked the the Claridge and PAID FOR IT IN FULL. Fast forward 6 months, by the time we arrived from the airport it was 5pm and an extremely long day. I went to check in and was told that I DID NOT have a room. The excuse was renovations. If that was true why didn't they call or email me before I showed up at their desk? I was assured that they had a room for me at another hotel just down the street. So I re-packed our bags, loaded up the family & headed to this other hotel. I was NOT just down the street, it was a half hour drive down to middle of everything on South Beach (just what I didn't want). I went into the hotel myself to check it out. Very nice, very upscale, and they had never heard of me. They had two other people coming from the same hotel that never showed up. They called the Claridge and were told to give me those rooms (they had no rooms to accommodate the 4 of us). I tried to keep an open mind and asked to see the rooms (hoping they were at least next door to each other). The rooms were nice but not even on the same side of the hall as each other. When I went back outside to discuss with the family, they wanted to get out of the loud party environment and frankly, I did not love the idea of spending my first night on vacation bunking with one of my sons in a separate room from my wife and other son. The ONLY saving grace to the Claridge is that when I called them to say no, the manager did not argue and promptly issued a refund on my credit card. Luckily we had great customer service at the hotel we were already planning on going to the next night (see my Galt Villas review) and it worked out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wisconsin, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Claridge hotel is a Mediterranean styl hotel in the Art Deco district. The rooms are on the smaller side, typical of the era it was built. The bathroom was tight, but not an issue. If you can't park in the city lot across the street, there is valet parking for $27. Parking in the lot is free from 6pm to 8 am, then you pay for up to 3 hours at a time. In the same lot There are "Deco-bikes" you can rent, which can be dropped off throughout the city. The hotel has Collins street in front of it, then there is the city lot, and then the boardwalk with entry to the beach so very easy. I hate resort fees, but they are now common practice. Theirs is lower than most at $12.95 per night and includes internet, newspapers in the lobby, and an attended beach area which includes loungers & towels (umbrellas & cabanas are extra). There is no longer a pool in their atrium, which was quite small. There is nice lounge to relax in the atrium. The veranda has lots of outdoor couches & umbrellas. There is a small restaurant on property. There are not a lot of restaurants in this area, Ocean Drive is where you go but it is along walk. Jeremy at the front desk was very good, as were all the staff we encountered. There is construction going on at almost every block, you can't avoid it. However, it was no intrusive and this is a quiet area on Collins.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room that has new furniture.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!