“Highly recommended, very impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

Claridge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #103 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Highly recommended, very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Claridge for the 4th of July long weekend and I was more than impressed with my travel experience. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, from the front desk to housekeeping, EXCELLENT. Perfect location, right across from the beach and not too far from the south beach entertainment district and shopping ($8-$10 cab ride), so you avoid all the traffic and noise. If you're ever visiting the Miami area, stay at the Claridge, I promise you won't be disappointed. Front desk guys Jesse and Michael were AWESOME!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Carmen V, Front Office Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Simba015,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel and for choosing to stay with us during your time in Miami Beach! Both Jesse and Michael are grateful for your kind words and we all want to extend you an invitation to come visit us again (hopefully sometime soon!) and make sure to bring your friends with you again!

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My sister and I picked the Claridge Hotel specifically because this is the hotel where our parents stayed when my Dad (who was a ball turret gunner on a B17, stationed in England) took his RRR during WWII. We liked that the hotel had been run by the same family for over 70 years! The hotel was beautiful, in the quiet end of Miami Beach and located a block from the beach. The front desk staff were very friendly but some of the housekeeping staff were not so much. One thing that was not in the room which I would have wished for, was a listing of the hotel services, ice machine location, hot tub hours, etc. They had no hotel information in the rooms which caused us to keep asking the front desk about these things. The hotel had a restaurant on site but didn't offer room service, which would have been nice. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to others!

Room Tip: The rooms on the ocean side of the road of the hotel are noisy. The balcony was very small and didn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear redwood_river,

I want to personally thank you for staying with us and for your kind review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate your suggestion regarding the service listing inside the rooms and I am sure that you will be happy to know that we will start implementing this procedure in the very near future as we are in the process of replacing the folios which we currently have in all of our rooms with new ones containing more helpful information for our guests. Thanks again and we hope that you will visit us again sometime soon!
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed there 1 night with my girlfriend. Room was on the 2th floor, clean and equipped, staff also helpful. Price includes use of the pool and jacuzzi. There are a BUS stop, so if you want can use. I can say only good things. We will use it next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Strikes333,

I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will tell all of your friends about how great our hotel is - please come back soon and bring them with you! Thank you so much for the great review and for choosing the Claridge as your home away from home!
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice historical hotel, close to the beach.
Breakfast was very poor, but the hotel has a good charme and a good value for money
Staff was nice and helpful
Public parking nearby (payment during working hours) but in the morning you have to wake up before 8am to fill in the meter (you cannot book it in advance)
The hotel has its private parking with an additional fee

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Dear prosalba,

Thank you for being our guest and for leaving this kind comment for our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose the Claridge because it was not a chain hotel but near the Port of Miami, where we were departing on a cruise. It has a distinct Spanish/Mexican vibe that is really nice. Since we were traveling with two other couples, we really enjoyed the small lounge on the second floor where our rooms were located, as we could meet there and chat, while overlooking the central patio/atrium. The rooms, while comfortable, need a bit of cosmetic attention, as there was chipped paint and worn surfaces throughout the room, but ours was clean. I enjoyed the Spanish tile.

The hotel is sufficiently far from South Beach to be quiet, but a quick cab ride away to enjoy the nightlife and spectacle. The staff was extremely helpful and solicitous, and was probably the hotel's biggest plus. There is a nice street level outdoor patio just outside the 1st floor lobby too.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear klwd752,

My staff and I want to thank you for your very kind review of our hotel and for choosing the Claridge as your destination hotel in Miami Beach. We hope to see you and your friends again sometime soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed a couple of days at the Claridge Hotel in Miami Beach. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a room viewing the ocean. I was very happy! Very quaint hotel, small but wonderful. Our room was amazing, considering the age of the hotel. Ocean is a short walk - they have chairs to take to the beach. There was a parking lot in front of our view of the ocean but was full of trees and you hardly noticed it. Rental bikes across the street where the parking lot is. We had a wonderful stay! Anniversary dinner in restaurant in the hotel. Only one other couple in there (not a good sign) well, it was wonderful. Staff was awesome. Breakfast was a different story though, walked in staff was too busy talking to each other about their night partying. Buffett was not refreshed or filled. Watched three other couples leave without eating. We waited and waited for the waitress to refill the eggs. I think we waited 40 minutes. I would stay at the hotel again, but unless they give me free breakfast, I would not do breakfast there again.

Room Tip: Try to get an oceanview! Our room was very nice although the ceiling leaked when the people upstair...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BandMom16,

I am very happy that you had such a good time during your stay with us but it saddens me to hear that the breakfast and services offered by our restaurant disappointed you. However, I am sure you will be happy to hear that we are undergoing some changes in our restaurant and I am certain that you will definitely notice those changes during your next stay with us. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again sometime soon!
Massapequa, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Claridge in April. The front desk staff was helpful. The food in the on-site restaurant was very good, although cooked to order so plan to wait. The beach was a block away and quite lovely in the morning. The Claridge provided towels and beach chairs. A small jacuzzi pool off the lobby was nice after a morning at the beach. Many of the buildings in the neighborhood seem to be under renovation and unoccupied. The room we stayed in was older and a bit worn but very clean. I did leave some new clothing in a drawer and called the front desk the day we checked out (we were already back in Ft Lauderdale). Someone was supposed to call me back but never did. All in all, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We usually ask for a corner, quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jeaninejack,

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us during your time in Miami Beach! I apologize that no one contacted you regarding the clothing items you have left in your room and I want to ask you to please call me at your earliest convenience and give me a chance to take care of this issue for you. Thank you again and I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!