“very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
San Jose, Costa Rica
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

i spend three nights and four days in the claridge hotel in miami south beach
located few blocks away from the main activities make this hotel location very attractive
to wonder in ocean drive by night and go to the beach daytime
Rosa in the front office is very helpful and all the team smiley and professional
good value rates and cosy rooms

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Tal366,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your very kind words. I hope that you will visit us again in the near future as it is guests such as yourself who make us want to do better and try to always exceed your expectations!

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here because our 21-year old daughter had been a few weeks earlier and liked it. Clearly her balcony room (at no extra charge) was a better experience! Our room was the first off the 3rd floor elevator with the noisiest bed in which I've ever slept with no balcony! Every time I turned, it squeaked and squealed. The hotel was not very busy AT ALL, so you'd think they would give us a better room to begin with. Other than that, the room appeared clean and very nicely decorated. I love vintage and it certainly was! Two other things that irked me: We visited the bar in the evening and order 2 beers--Coors. The girl charged us for imports which is a $1.50 difference EACH. It was clearly written on the menu and if she doesn't know which is which, she ought to be trained. Then upon check-out, when I asked for a receipt, I was told that because I had reserved the room through a third party, I could not get one. Uh, I didn't, I reserved right from their website. Once I pointed that out, the woman printed me a receipt. What was that about? Those types of things make me nervous about the ethics of an establishment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteemed guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting this comment about the time you spent in our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not match your expectations but we have a limited amount of deluxe rooms with balconies in our hotel (only 4) and we are not always able to upgrade our guests to these rooms as the free upgrades are based on availability so when the hotel has full occupancy our guests generally stay in the room type they have originally booked. As for the noisy bed and the beer price - these are things that we continuously work on and try our very best to improve and I am very sorry that you experienced them. However, I am certain that if you would give us another chance, you will be able to notice that we are constantly improving both the service and the appearance of our beautiful hotel!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's far away enough from the bars and club scenes to avoid the noise and traffic, but close enough for only a $10 cab ride back and forth. There's also a bus stop and bikes to rent right across the street.

Lunch and dinner are only a few blocks away. The hotel itself has a restaurant as well. There are plenty of cafes in walking distance.

Jesse and Michael at the front desk really helped out me and my friends enjoy the night life in South Beach. I highly recommend The Claridge!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! Jesse and Michael greatly appreciate your kind words and we all hope to see you again in the near future so we could exceed the already good impression you have about us!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is decently priced for it's value. My friends and I stayed here for 3 nights.

Location:
The hotel is a bit further up Collins avenue away from the bustle of South Beach. It is a quieter and there are less people on the beach. The beach is across the street from the hotel. The hotel's "resort fee" covers beach towels and chairs. The hotel offers parking for $22 a day. Spaces are limited, but we didn't have a problem. We got around town by cab. A cab down to the South Beach area was less than $10 incl. tip.

We didn't go down to Miami for the clubs and bars. We went for a quieter vacation. If you are looking to be party and to be in the crowds, this hotel is a bit far.

Hotel & Service:
The hotel itself is quaint. The rooms are okay, and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms lack proper ventilation, but it's not terrible. It's just a bit musty. The service at the hotel was great. The clerks at the front desk (Rosa and Jesse) were really helpful with all our requests. The hotel also provides wifi for free.

The walls of the hotel are pretty thin, so you will hear drunk people coming back from a night out. It wasn't bad. We stayed on the 3rd floor, and it was generally pretty quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear planetrainautomoblie,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, I am glad that you and your friends have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the very near future!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Expedia screwed up my itineraries so bad and gave me the wrong room with the Claridge hotel. When I arrived there I spoke to Mike and he did everything possible to make sure we were happy. They weren't able to give us a better room right then but the next day we got the best room in the entire hotel for free for the rest of our trip. Mike also gave us free club passes and other suggestions on places to visit and clubs to check out. Also thanks to Carmen for upgrading the room. Great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Mizter R,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am very happy to hear that you had such a good time while a guest in our hotel and that our staff measured up to your expectations. We hope to see you again soon and look forward to your next visit to Miami Beach!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was spotless! The lobby is spanish style deco. All the staff were welcoming! Carmen, the Manager was so helpful. I think I would go back just to see her! lol Everyone really goes out of their way for guests. We went to the beach that is across the street, the hotel provided chairs and towels. Free drinks were provided to us in the evening. 10 mins away from nightlife. Great stay for couples! They also upgraded me upon arrival. This is my hotel when in Miami.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recently being our honored guest and for the stellar review! I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us so thoroughly. We were happy to be your tropical oasis during your visit to Miami Beach and look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at this hotel we were welcomed by Jesse at the front desk and he looked after us the entire time. Great big clean rooms, many options for parking and location is good. Short cab ride into middle of ocean drive.

• Stayed June 2013
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled that you had such a good time during you stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!