“Great Great Hotel! Best spot for beach! Service A+++++++” 5 of 5 stars

Claridge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #103 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Great Great Hotel! Best spot for beach! Service A+++++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was spotless! The lobby is spanish style deco. All the staff were welcoming! Carmen, the Manager was so helpful. I think I would go back just to see her! lol Everyone really goes out of their way for guests. We went to the beach that is across the street, the hotel provided chairs and towels. Free drinks were provided to us in the evening. 10 mins away from nightlife. Great stay for couples! They also upgraded me upon arrival. This is my hotel when in Miami.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recently being our honored guest and for the stellar review! I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us so thoroughly. We were happy to be your tropical oasis during your visit to Miami Beach and look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at this hotel we were welcomed by Jesse at the front desk and he looked after us the entire time. Great big clean rooms, many options for parking and location is good. Short cab ride into middle of ocean drive.

• Stayed June 2013
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled that you had such a good time during you stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and clean. Our room is comfortable and airy. However beware their WiFi is not Apple Compatible. I tried my iPad 4 with no success. I then spoke to the front desk and was told that the WiFi works with Apple only 50% of the time. I went back to my room and tried my iPhone and my wife's iPhone and neither worked. I suggested to the manager that they needed a new router and she indicated they were fine with the one they had.

• Stayed June 2013
Esteemed Guest,
I am sorry that you had issues with the WiFi connection during your stay in our hotel. We have quite a few members of our staff who own Apple products and have always been able to connect to the WiFi in the hotel. However, the internet and connection traffic is usually heavyer during the weekends when our hotel is usually full and sometimes the connection laggs which makes it more difficult for some of our guests to connect to our WiFi. I do, however, hope that you will give our hotel another chance as it seems that you liked everything else besides our WiFi connection - we would welcome you with open arms and would make sure five-star service!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel during Memorial Day weekend and it was about a 20-25 minute drive from the airport and 15 minutes from Ocean Drive. Mickey was at the front desk he works (3-11pm) and he was very helpful and gave good customer service. There is one restaurant (Carrabbas) and convenient store a few blocks away. I didn't eat at the restaurant that was in the hotel. If you are looking for a good place to relax without the extra noise this is a good pick. Thanks again mickey for all your help.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was travelling on business and wanted to avoid staying downtown, since this hotel is only 1 mile away from where I needed to be. The hotel room I stayed in was small - no desk to work at, but fairly clean and comfortable. Truly a boutique hotel and good for a nice romantic weekend. There is NOTHING within a reasonable walking distance as far as food goes. I couldn't find the little market others had mentioned.

The only complaint I have is the restaurant. I decided to try the breakfast buffet, wow what a huge disappointment. It cost $11.95 and was for cold eggs, paper thin bacon and heat serve sausage. The worst part is that here I am in Florida and they only served Tang instead of orange juice. It is no wonder that no one is ever in the restaurant, since if you try the breakfast, you sure wouldn't come back for dinner.

The buildings around the hotel are all under renovation, so the beach is nice and quiet. If you want something more quiet and less expensive then this is the one for you. However, you will have to drive or take a taxi to get to the action. I walked one night and it was about 2 miles round trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment and for your kind words. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Miami Beach!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

my wife and I came to this hotel for our anniversary. I know she has written a review but thought I needed to add to it. we had an amazing time at this hotel - great location, amazing room and fantastic service. the staff were all friendly and kind and went above and beyond to make our stay special. we have become friends with the staff and it was a shame to come home. we will miss them all and look forward to our return when we can see them again. I'd also like to say how one of the staff there (named Jesse Garcia) made our stay that little bit more special with organising our car hire, arranging tickets for us to see Miami heat in game 1 of the finals and giving great advise on places to visit. he took us under his wing and took care of our every need from start to finish. he was a fine example of a young man and i'm sure he will have a great future in this line of work. thank u again to all the staff at the claridge hotel, Miami. we look forward to our return

• Stayed May 2013
Esteemed Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the Claridge as your destination hotel in Miami Beach! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again for your 11th anniversary (or sooner)! We greatly appreciate your kind words - it is guests like you who make us strive to provide the best service possible and to go above and beyond in order to make all of our guests' stay with us as memorable as possible!
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I came for Memorial day weekend, looking to party! The hotel is FAR away from where everything take place! I would recommend hotels in the 1200-1300-1400's on Collins! Washington or Ocean street ! (if youre looking to be in the mix)
There is a small convenient store located across the street from Claridge Hotel. However, there are no food places near! (No vending machines in hotel) There is a small restaurants located in the hotel.. (I ordered a spicy pork quesadilla, and my meat wasnt done; it was pink)
The hotel itself appear shabby on outside! However its small, quiet & nice inside! The rooms are small! very small! I stayed in the Junior Suite (small!!) not what i expected! (Pool, small!!) The staff was nice! (Would I stay @ hotel again.. no) Pricey for it to be so small.

Room Tip: Rooms are SMALL! I had stayed in a Junior Suite! & that room was SMALL! (the picture on website...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear guest,
We regret that you were disappointed with your stay with us. Our hotel has only 50 rooms so it might seem small to someone who might have stayed in 150+ rooms properties. All of our Junior Suites measure 375 square feet which is a quite comfortable space to accommodate up to 4 people; a Junior Suite is comprised of a bedroom and a sitting area which has a pullout couch (not to be confused with a One Bedroom Suite which normally has a bedroom and a living area but this room type is not available in our hotel). We do not have a pool but a Jacuzzi which is actually larger than a normal size Jacuzzi and also has an infinity waterfall (the actual size of the Jacuzzi is 16 feet by 9 feet). The architecture of the hotel is done in an old-continent Spanish style, which might not be what you have expected. I do, however, apologize if your experience with our restaurant was not a good one; we are in the process of improving the menu and the restaurant operating procedures so if you will ever want to return to Miami Beach and give us another try I am certain that you will see those changes.

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!