“Best Hotel Ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Petersburg, Virginia
“Best Hotel Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Claridge Hotel was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I don't know what are wrong with the people that wrote the bad reviews, but my stay was a amazing. Even though it's all the way on 35th street it was worth the stay. Very nice hotel, very fancy and hotel staff were the BEST especially, "Anthony". He was very sweet and helpful, the best customer service EVER. Me and my friends enjoyed our stay. If I were to go back to Miami, which I am, I would stay at The Claridge Hotel every time I come down there. I recommend it to any and everyone no matter what your going to Miami for. <3<3<3<3

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Pennington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Claridge, located on famous Collins Ave. in South Beach, is a fine hotel. It's got charming architecture, interesting art and a great porch for sitting. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, despite it being spring break. My room was clean, though it showed its age, especially in the bathroom, where the porcelain was cracked and grout dirty or just plain missing.
My room inexplicably was adjoined to the one next door, and I quite literally heard every word and movement of my neighbors, who were not loud. I heard them leave, I heard their cell phone conversations, I heard their TV. It made me especially worried about my own noise, and I found myself tiptoeing around most of the time.
Also, there is ton of construction going on in the area -- mostly restoration of properties, but also roadwork. It's loud. And nonstop. In a couple of years, this part of Collins will be amazing, but while it's still a project, it's an annoyance.
The restaurant/bar is small, and the food was average at best. Also, the bartender was gruff and made us feel like we were inconveniencing him every time we visited (I thought maybe we had caught him on a bad day, but after several days, I learned my lesson). While the desk staff was excellent, this guy...not so much.
I got a great deal to stay here, and if I caught the same deal, I might stay here again, but I would ask for a room that doesn't adjoin with another (but I'm not sure there is such an option -- ask if you're considering booking).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

What a great place to stay! My wife & I checked into the Claridge for 2 days before leaving on a cruise. From the time the cab dropped us at the front door until the time we checked out, the staff at the hotel were very attentive. When we told them we were on our honeymoon, they upgraded us to one of the penthouse rooms. The bed was very comfortable although the room wasn't large, it did provide for a comfortable stay. The hotel's ambiance took us back to a time long ago with it's Art Deco feel. The restaurant located in the hotel was well appointed and the menu provided a reasonable number of choices (although we didn't actually dine there). Small but adequate indoor pool was clean & refreshing. Can see the ocean across the street & is an easy 2 minute walk to the beach. The wi-fi service was spotty & was really only able to connect while in the lobby so that would be my only issue with the hotel. It's not located right in the hustle & action of South Beach, but we walked 15-20 blocks (or you could cab it if you don't have a rental car) & got to where there were more restaurants & clubs. Being away from the noise of the busy part of South Beach is not a bad thing in my view. We would certainly consider staying at the Claridge again the next time we're in Miami. Give it a try for yourself. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Room Tip: If your travelling & celebrating a special occasion, let them know & you may be surprised by...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Veronica M, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
The Claridge team thanks you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to being at your service on your next trip to Miami Beach!
Aventura, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

You hear it all the time, how Miami, Miami Beach is were the Arts are happening. During my stay at the Claridge Hotel I found myself seeing an Art Exhibition open to the public. It also had snacks and drinks available. I had a chance to mingle with local artist and other Hotel quest were also attending. The Hotel staff is very friendly and professional It only seemed that the restaurant was starting off but the food was GREAT. I definitely will recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel has style and is quiet compared to further south. The staff is most friendly and helpful. The beach is a 3 minute walk away and is beautiful. Walking down the boardwalk to more activity in South Beach is pleasant. I preferred being slightly away from all the activity and noise further south. Whenever we wanted to go there, we just walked along the beautiful boardwalk..

The breakfast is not great...

The rooms are pleasant. We have stayed here 2 years in a row and have enjoyed both times..

Room Tip: 1st floor may be near hot tub.Perhaps better to be on higher floor..
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel on the beach is absolutely magnificent, count to 10 and your on the beach. The beautiful historic hotel has really attracting architecture inside and out with beautiful art all over. Eloy, I think he was the manager, he greeted us very well with great manors and he suggested the nice restaurant inside the hotel that had outside seating as well. after staying in one of the regular rooms with a queen bed going through priceline, we decided we wanted to upgrade. Jesse.Anthony, receptionist was very kind in giving us a great deal for a suite with a balcony. Jesse. asked if we needed any help in moving the stuff to the other room but we declined kindly. Jesse.A followed us up to the room to make sure we were satisfied, what we didn't realize is that Jesse hooked us up with the rooftop suite!!!! My fiance was speechless, the view of the beach was to die for gorgeous. The service was great and our room was always clean and refreshed with clean towels all the time. Overall I recommend this hotel for any first time miami beach tourist and more.

Room Tip: The rooftop is the best, but call the hotel for deals its better than priceline.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We loved Claridge hotel, it is beautiful spanish style hotel, very clean, cozy rooms and the most important are people working there, very friendly and very helpful, Cindy, Eloy and Jesse, they are great! We felt as if we were in a Real Spanish Hotel, super location, very good food in the Restaurant, Thanks, from John and Tanya

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!