“Great if u want to get a taxi” 4 of 5 stars

You added Claridge Hotel to your Saves list
Claridge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #103 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Great if u want to get a taxi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time that we had been to Miami, it was a stop over for three days after being in Disneyland. The hotel definitely has the wow factor with the jacuzzi in the atrium. I loved the hotel!

• Stayed August 2012

449 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was a pleasant as we had to hang around the hotel due to Hurrican Isaac Alert that was in Miami during our stay. For the looks, the cleaness of the room and the staff this hotel meets a 4 star requirements, but it rained in the hotel lobby during the stay. We can hear the other guests in their rooms. During the hurricane alert when everything was closed, also the restaurant down star was... i don't think that is a good decision as you tought you could eat at the hotel restaurant, so, we had to walk through the wind gusts and rain until we found an opened market from where we bought some muffins...

Room Tip: Try ask for a room that has an exit near center of the hotel, this is, because, the other rooms have...
Boynton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently booked a Deluxe Suite for 2 nights using a Groupon for a "two-night stay in a deluxe view queen room."

The good: The hotel is small, beautiful, and has a European feel. There is a wonderful pool in the middle of the lobby area as well. The room also looked very nice, aesthetically. We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs the first evening. The restaurant had somewhat pricey, but good, well-plated food. The crab cakes and filet mignon were delicious.

The bad: the good feelings were short-lived. The amount of noise that could be heard from the next room over due to a shared door, the noise from guests in the lobby downstairs at midnight, the thumping noises above us, and the vacuuming at 3am were completely unacceptable. The towels smelled like burnt toast and we had a leaking air conditioning vent close to the sink, which was located outside of the bathroom. The "deluxe view" was trees that obstructed any view of the beach/ocean. I would definitely skip breakfast there in the morning and not pay $13 for a bagel with eggs and $9 for a mimosa.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this hotel. I stayed here for my spring break, and when I booked it online I was put off because it wasn't in the center of the south beach action but it was affordable. However it ended up being perfect for me and my friends. I prefered that I could walk to the comotion and walk away. There are plenty of cabs and buses to get there, but since we had great weather for our stay we walked most of the time. The beach, which is directly across the street from the hotel was more peaceful and serene. Also since the beach is so close and not as hectic it gave us an aswesome view from our hotel room beautiful balcony. It was amazing to wake up to, speaking of waking up OUR BEDS FELT AMAZING, they were so large and comfortable. They ket our room clean (no matter what condition we left it in lol) Our bathroom was large and modern. The decor of the hotel was so classy and the staff was friendly and helpful. if your in Miami...I highly recommend this hotel, can't wait to go back. The best time and stay in my entire life!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here in August as the first stop on my honeymoon. Just wanted something inexpensive on South Beach that I could walk to all of the areas on the main strip.

The property is nice. Inside the lobby it's nice and clean and the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking is across the street at the pay lot which is $1/hour and I think a max of $8/Day. Parking from 6pm - 8am is free... but don't back in because you'll get a parking ticket. Bulls#iT!! You can park at the Claridge for $22/Day with in/out privledges.

The rooms are classic South Beach Boutique - tiny with lots of wood. Feels tropical. Has a 'woody' smell to it that some would describe as mouldy but I think it's just the smell of the wood and air in the tropical climate. It's fairly clean but kind of old.... you will find cracks in the bathroom, a bit of drywall peeling (etc)....

The bed is clean and comfortable. Checked behind it, under, and stripped the sheets back to check for bed bugs and didn't find anything - and the mattress is actually very new.

The beach is right across the street... probably a 2 minute walk. Great beach with warm clean water but no food, vendors, stores.... this part of Collins/South Beach is a ghost town. There really is nothing around so if you want to do anything you have to drive or cab into town.

I liked that it was quieter with easy beach access. After going down the 'strip' it was nice to have a quiet sanctuary.

Free WiFi but it's super slow and the signal is incredibly weak. Most of the time we had to go down to the lobby to get a signal.

Tel- Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beutifull Hotel,
Nice big rooms, a bit far from south beach- you need to take a taxi down cuz its so hot!!
Beach is across the road, the hotel supplies beach towels.
People at front desk are helpfull and nice.We had to leave the hotel at 14:30- we had a flight to catch, the problem is checkout time is 12:00,usualy hotels have a room you can leav your luggage in after checkout time- they didn't have one, and we had to pay an extra 25$ for a late checkout (2.5 hours) :(

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tullahoma, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Please be advised if you make a reservation in advance....
I made a reservation online. I was not told my reservation was non-cancellable. My bank account was charged more than my confirmation amount. And I was never told I would be billed SAME day as opposed to being charged upon check out.
I tried to email and call the hotel but they would not return a call or email.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Claridge Hotel? Share your experiences!