“THE BEST STAY OF MY LIFE” 5 of 5 stars

Claridge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #94 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“THE BEST STAY OF MY LIFE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this hotel. I stayed here for my spring break, and when I booked it online I was put off because it wasn't in the center of the south beach action but it was affordable. However it ended up being perfect for me and my friends. I prefered that I could walk to the comotion and walk away. There are plenty of cabs and buses to get there, but since we had great weather for our stay we walked most of the time. The beach, which is directly across the street from the hotel was more peaceful and serene. Also since the beach is so close and not as hectic it gave us an aswesome view from our hotel room beautiful balcony. It was amazing to wake up to, speaking of waking up OUR BEDS FELT AMAZING, they were so large and comfortable. They ket our room clean (no matter what condition we left it in lol) Our bathroom was large and modern. The decor of the hotel was so classy and the staff was friendly and helpful. if your in Miami...I highly recommend this hotel, can't wait to go back. The best time and stay in my entire life!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here in August as the first stop on my honeymoon. Just wanted something inexpensive on South Beach that I could walk to all of the areas on the main strip.

The property is nice. Inside the lobby it's nice and clean and the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking is across the street at the pay lot which is $1/hour and I think a max of $8/Day. Parking from 6pm - 8am is free... but don't back in because you'll get a parking ticket. Bulls#iT!! You can park at the Claridge for $22/Day with in/out privledges.

The rooms are classic South Beach Boutique - tiny with lots of wood. Feels tropical. Has a 'woody' smell to it that some would describe as mouldy but I think it's just the smell of the wood and air in the tropical climate. It's fairly clean but kind of old.... you will find cracks in the bathroom, a bit of drywall peeling (etc)....

The bed is clean and comfortable. Checked behind it, under, and stripped the sheets back to check for bed bugs and didn't find anything - and the mattress is actually very new.

The beach is right across the street... probably a 2 minute walk. Great beach with warm clean water but no food, vendors, stores.... this part of Collins/South Beach is a ghost town. There really is nothing around so if you want to do anything you have to drive or cab into town.

I liked that it was quieter with easy beach access. After going down the 'strip' it was nice to have a quiet sanctuary.

Free WiFi but it's super slow and the signal is incredibly weak. Most of the time we had to go down to the lobby to get a signal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel- Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beutifull Hotel,
Nice big rooms, a bit far from south beach- you need to take a taxi down cuz its so hot!!
Beach is across the road, the hotel supplies beach towels.
People at front desk are helpfull and nice.We had to leave the hotel at 14:30- we had a flight to catch, the problem is checkout time is 12:00,usualy hotels have a room you can leav your luggage in after checkout time- they didn't have one, and we had to pay an extra 25$ for a late checkout (2.5 hours) :(

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tullahoma, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Please be advised if you make a reservation in advance....
I made a reservation online. I was not told my reservation was non-cancellable. My bank account was charged more than my confirmation amount. And I was never told I would be billed SAME day as opposed to being charged upon check out.
I tried to email and call the hotel but they would not return a call or email.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Washington, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hi, I stayed July 27 - 31 with 3 of my BF's. We found the hotel to be nice but there are some things that need to be changed. When we arrived one of the rooms only had one bed even though our reservation stated standard double. They accomodated us by not charging the $9.95 a day resort fee and they did not charge us for one day of parking which was $22.00 a day. The next day we were able to move to a room that had 2 beds. Improvements that can be made are to add a business center, lower the price of parking, revamp the restaurant because the food was not great neither was the menu selection, and add more parking spaces. I didn't see a fitness center either. The pool was small. On our last night that there was a gas leak coming from the restaurant and the night clerk did not have a key to the restaurant. We waited almost 45 minutes for the restaurant manager to come which was very dangerous because there were guest that were already sleeping. It could have really turned out bad. Other than that the hotel stay was good. The staff was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
MiamiBeachOasis, General Manager at Claridge Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear 4everQila;

I am dissapointed to hear that your stay was not a perfect one, the Claridge Hotel staff and I strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Miami Beach area. Just ok is not what we stand for!

I would love to have the opportunity to discuss with you more details about your concerns, so we can correct the issue and other guests are inconvenience as you.

Thank you for choosing the Claridge Hotel, we encourage you to try us again in the future; you will see that your prior experience was an exception.

Kindest regards,

Aida Martinez
305-604-8485
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during urban beach weekend. The location was okay. Not too far from all of the action on the strip, but not close either. I did not want to be in the midst of all the craziness so I did not mind. The hotel looks a bit ragedy and outdated from the outside. The inside was just okay. I didn't like the fact that the sink was outside of the bathroom, next to the bed. Overall all my stay there was just okay. My only complaint really is that after I left I notice a extra charge on my credit card from the Hotel. They told me it was because hangers were missing from the room. When I checked in there were only 2 hangers and when I left there were 2 hangers. The charge was absurd. I called several times and left messages with the hotel and never heard anything back. And when I finally did, the manager of the Hotel told me I would be refunded. I never saw the refund. I am currently trying to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I barely had enough room in my suitcase for the stuff I already had. Why would I want to steal hangers?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel is art deco as are most hotels in the area. On check in you are given two free welcome drink vouchers unfortunately the restaurant/bar staff seem to resent them being used unless you eat there. The hotel rooms are very small and very basic, plus the hotel is about 20 blocks away from any other restaurant. I would not recommend eating in the hotel restaurant as it is expensive and bland, we tried dinner and breakfast. We stayed 6 nights and had to ask 3 times to get the sheets. changed, in general house keeping was very poor. The location of the hotel is very good as it is opposite the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a twin bedded room with a view of beach