“nice place great location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1430 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
North Bethesda, Maryland
“nice place great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

It is wonderfully located on Ocean drive a few blocks from the heart of vibrant South beach. There is no pool and the resort is a tad hotel but the rooms are nice with a wonderful kitchen and the staff is extremely helpful. Check-in is never early so be prepared to wait until 3 to 4PM. The fitness center could be larger.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I rented three one bedroom units in August. We enjoyed having coffee on the front porch after our morning run along the beach. I loved the location and Alex made the stay so enjoyable. My family enjoyed his pleasant personality every time we entered the property. The other staff was not quite as friendly but I would definitely stay here again in the future. The beds were smaller than I expected as was the rooftop facility but I did enjoy my stay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days. Yes it is small and yes there is no pool however who wants to stay in their room much when the fabulous beach is just across the road and the location of the hotel is right on the door step of so many bars, restaurants and shops. Whilst the decor is showing signs of wear and tear the pending refurbishment due to start in a couple of weeks will make this hotel really smart. The staff are excellent, especially Alex who has a cheery welcome for you every time he saw you. Our stay in miami was fantastic, made so by great location and we will stay here again when we return to miami

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Hotel need to be upgraded. The hotel Facilities is none existent. But the worst part is the services. The first night someone from the front desk called me at 2.30 am about an early check out !!! The second day after spending all day out, I came back to my room and I was very surprise that nobody have clean up my room. I called them to ask and they told me there is nobody from housekeeping to clean up now. When I receive the bill I Also see they overcharge me with valet parking and when I call them for a refund nothing happen. They just don't care at all. I am very disappointed of the services and the attitude. It is really not up to Hilton Standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I welcome you to contact me at EBorsos@hgvc.com so I can fully look into the service you have experienced. The property is starting it’s renovation process within two weeks. We hope you give us another chance, and we can assure you that any missed standard was an isolated incident.

Oxon Hill, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The resort is in need of an update. Spa on deck is very small. The fact the the ocean has jellyfish and the resort does not have a pool we were highly disappointed. If you just need a place to stay then this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Thank you for your response in reference to your stay. We are happy to let you know that the property will start the renovation process on September 2nd, 2013. Our historic property does have limited facilities, but there is a pool accessible nearby at the city park for a nominal fee. We hope to see you again in the future.

Murrieta, CA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I think HGVC can do better for an area such as this. They need to consider possibly another resort in the Miami Beach area. I did not have a room with a view and the bed was not king size. Valet parking is $35 a day and there aren't many choices if you want to try something else...I am an HGVC owner and this resort while I love staying close to the beach and family is not one of my favorites.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. We are a very unique, historic property and while many of our amenities are not comparable to other resorts, our location and closeness to the beach, shopping, dining and nightclubs provides a favorite getaway spot to many of our owners and guests. We hope to see you again in the future.

Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hotel staff is amazing, helpful, and accommodating in any need that you might have. If you love the beach, this hotel is the bomb! walk out the door across the street and you are there. No need for any vehicle here, pretty much every thing is within a few blocks.