I stayed two nights March 4-6, 2013. The title sums up the good about this hotel. I would stay here again, but I would also want to look at other properties.
Location: Although it is not "on" the beach, it is right across from a gorgeous park with multiple access points to the beach. Not to worry -- it is still so close that there is no need to wear shoes! One block the other way is Collins Ave with plenty of tony and off-beat shops and restaurants. One could easily spend a week at this hotel and never need or want to go farther than a few blocks away. The beach across the way is clean and well kept too.
Service: Check-in was a snap. And Alex the doorman/valet was polite, prompt and always smiling. First class all the way. We were on the first floor which meant going up five steps to a landing. Multiple times the doorman popped over to help us lift our stroller (containing a sleeping baby) up the five steps to the landing.
Room Description: Clean and fresh. Our room was a true suite with a separate living/kitchen room, bedroom and bathroom, which had access to both the bedroom and the living area. The space was decorated with tasteful and comfy period furniture including a living room with both an arm chair and a couch. They kitchen had everything one could want including a fridge, oven/stove, microwave, and dishwasher. We were able to boil pacifiers on the stove and wash fresh fruit in the included colander!
Other Consideration: Something that people may not appreciate if they are trying to book a hotel in South Beach -- the buildings on Ocean Drive are historic art deco buildings -- and they cannot be completely gutted/remodeled. An historic building definitely has its charm, however, one may notice a couple things here and there that betray its age, such as the small elevator and that some doorways are a little more narrow than usual. But this in no way should deter someone from staying here! It is a high class property with new looking granite counters, clean carpet, shower, bedding, etc. Although the architecture may "look" older, it doesn't "feel" old.
Rating/In the end, I believe this place deserves a solid 4 rating. After all, if I get a good night of sleep at a place then they are more than halfway to an "Excellent" rating. This place was both comfortable and charming. If you only go to one hotel in Miami in your life, or if money is no object, than this location would be a good choice. But if I am ever lucky enough to return to South Beach, then I would probably scope out more affordable options too, including locations with a pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at South Beach enjoys a premier address on Ocean Drive in the heart of the world-renowned Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Known for its local hotspots and activities, your anticipated South Beach experience will be full of sun-soaked beaches, trendy boutiques, and pulsating nightlife, and all just steps from your private front porch. Cross Ocean Drive and you'll find yourself on white sand beaches fringed by tropical palm trees and highlighted by the mesmerizing blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The one and two-bedroom suites at the hotel reflect the historical elegance and timeless appeal of this classic motif which makes South Beach one of the most unique of all destinations. Each suite is tastefully inspired by the colors and designs of the Art Deco era and features a well-equipped kitchen with a stove top, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and all utensils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations Club at South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Vacations Club Miami
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Miami Beach