“Hotel WILL be beautiful...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Florida Beach

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riu Florida Beach to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Florida Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #99 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Calgary, Canada
“Hotel WILL be beautiful...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Lots of construction...service was great though. beach was nice. Great location, outdoor space was beautiful. Not right in the action area of South Beach so not party central noisy, but a quick taxi/bus ride/walk down. Hotel was safe and secure...more than I can say for outdoor restaurants in South Beach. Friends purse was stolen from an outdoor street side table. While we were sitting with it. Be careful!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from construction!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

1,103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room already renovated are great. Walking distance from the Old Deco district . The pool is great. This is 4th time in Miami Beach and this hotel is much better than ones 50% more expensive. Great service at reception.

Room Tip: Rooms already renovated.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I stayed here after our cruise. We wanted a day to just relax and found it here. They helped us with an early check in and also with an early check out (around 5am). They arranged a cab for us to the airport which was great. The staff was very friendly. The buffet breakfast was very good. My kids ordered pizza from the snack bar at lunch. I have to say it was good. The pool area was nice and the beach was great. My kids loved it! There is a sand bar at the beach which allows the little ones to get pretty far out. Also great for footballs or Frisbees. Older gentleman selling coconuts on the boardwalk was cool. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to stay at a hotel on the beach and not pay a ridiculous price. Great job Riu!

Room Tip: I asked for a oceanfront on the renovated side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We visited the Riu for the 3rd time with the family. As announced, restructuring work was done, and we managed to get 2 rooms not too close to the work. New rooms are fine, although one directly enters into the 'bathroom'. Service of the staff is great, friendly and our kids love the breakfast buffet and pool. It's nicely situated next to the beach: just cross the boardwalk and you enjoy the sand and sea. Also for going to South Beach, an ideal location. We will return for sure, while going to Miami.

Room Tip: Keep checking the room reservations: Riu has tendency of being overbooked and especially with late a...
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after returning from our cruise. We picked this location because the price, location and ratings had a good balance. The hotel was very accommodating with our early arrival. When we booked we requested an early check in but were told that they could not guarantee it, however when we arrived they offered to hold our bags in a secure area while we wait but then 5 minutes later advised us they had a room ready.

The lobby was nice and comfortable and had 30 consecutive minutes of free Internet per day otherwise you could purchase Internet time in your room. Getting off the elevator to go to the room I tripped because the floor is not level with the elevator since they had laid thick tiles on the floor. The halls also had a smell that resembled baby powder.

We were happy with the room, it was nice and clean and had a renovated bathroom. The bed looked nice but I found it too soft and it caused me to wake up with back aches, however my wife found it to be ok. We had a beautiful view of the pool and beach from our balcony but found out the hard way that they had done some painting of the white balcony waĺls and didn't have any warning, so when I leaned against the wall I got white paint residue on the back of my black shirt. I was not able to get it all out in the bathroom sink but when I complained to the manager he had it sent out for cleaning.

The pool was nice and we were able to get deck chairs by the pool easily. They had poolside towel service which was nice. I was surprised to find out that the beach chairs and umbrellas in front of the hotel were not from the hotel and had a pricy rental charge if you wanted to use them. We chose to lay a towel on the sand instead. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed our stay. They have a shuttle to the airport but you have to pay. We found the restaurant to be priced high but found a Subway restaurant just down the street.

I think I would stay here again as long as the prices stayed competitive.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here for five days in the beginning of may with a girlfriend. Reception was warm and welcoming and check in took about two minutes. Our room was on the tenth floor and renovated. It was lovely, clean, and modern. There was no balcony in our room which was a bummer and the view was mostly of the construction next door, but we didnt come to miami for the room so we didnt care. The noise of the construction did not bother us at all during our stay.
The pool area is very nice and never felt over crowded. The pool bar was nice and had good service. Prices were reasonable for Miami standards. We also are lunch there as well. The food is good but nothing to knock your socks off.
The beach off of the property is amazing! Clear water and once again didnt seem overly crowded. Since we are both in our twenties a slightly more party atmosphere would have been nice, however the action in south beach is only a 15 minute cab ride away. The rui made a nice compromise of being quiet and relaxing but close to the party spots. We figured out cabs hang out in the alley next to the hotel so we never had trouble getting one.
The only minor complaint is the size of the elevators, they are tiny and there are only two so sometimes we had to wait awhile. But that's a minor issue.
Overall I would stay again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Wrightsville Bch, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here Easter weekend and found that the price was really good for the location and the amenities provided. This is a good hotel for families. The pool was really nice and relaxing and the beach was easy to access. I decided to write this review so I could let the management know how much we liked pool attendants. They were very nice and gave my nephew extra attention which made us all happy. Also on the day we left, my nephew left a bag with his souvenir stuffed animals on the front steps of the hotel. We didn’t realize this till we got the airport. We left on a Sunday and the stuffed animals made it home Friday. We were impressed with their speed and care shipping them home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Riu Florida Beach? Share your experiences!