“Magnificent Jewel of a Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

The Savoy Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   425 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #28 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Magnificent Jewel of a Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel is a real 24 Carat diamond amidst a lot of Miami Beach fools gold. The location is perfect---directly situated on a gorgeous stretch of beach & several blocks removed from the noisy strip along ocean drive. The grounds are spectacular--2 large art deco, kidney shaped swimming pools (one heated , the other not, take your pick) surrounded by a veritable rain forest (without the rain)-- dozens and dozens of exotic trees, palms, shrubs, & flowering plants. The rooms are VERY large...in fact, most of them are not "rooms" at all but rather full 1 bedroom apartments. Many of the units have balconies with ocean views due to the fact that the hotel is kind of split in two with half the rooms lining the north edge and the other half at the south edge of the vast, landscaped pool area. There's an excellent restaurant with indoor, outdoor and poolside service. Try the fresh grilled grouper sandwich with asparagus on the side-- a real bargain @ $12. The staff are top of the line--always pleasant and helpful. Simply put, i have never stayed in a better hotel than the Savoy.

Room Tip: Room 310 is too good to be true! an enormous 1 bedroom apartment with 3 private balconies overlookin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I can't say enough good things about the Savoy! Here, you are treated like royalty, from the poolside and beachside drink service to the fresh warm towels and ice cold washcloths they give you midday, to how everyone on staff magically remembers your name and what you like to drink!

We love the Savoy so much. We honeymooned there in 2004, then came back last year (2013) for our 9 yr anniversary, and I plan to come back every year now! We loved talking with Alexa who did beach service the day we arrived, and then Rocky did such an amazing job thereafter! He is so quick to jump whenever you need him and knows just the right thing to provide or recommend! I felt like we had a personal assistant during our stay, and he was still so attentive to everyone else at the same time! Amazing. Jose was wonderful serving us breakfast, and another Jose was also delightful at beach service, where he introduced us to the Caipirinha!

We met Gary, who I think is a manager or owner, and learned the cool history of the Savoy. How it was once home to Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones, who threw lavish and loud parties here in the 80s. Now, however, the Savoy is less raucous and much more restful and family oriented. Attractive to Europeans traveling with their families, when you come to the savoy you feel like you've stepped into a European beach resort. Many languages spoken, which is enjoyable for the ear!

The buildings themselves are 80 years old, so expect to feel a historical vibe in the hallways and rooms. The rooms are HUGE and very comfortable. There aren't many balconies that directly overlook the ocean but the ones that do are SPECTACULAR!

The Savoy has and will have a very special place in our hearts forever. You could have a fabulous time and never leave the property if you wanted! Great kitchen, great drinks, top notch amazing service. We love everything about it!

- Steven and Heather Steele, July 2014

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I came down from NYC for a short beach vacation. I did a lot of research on which hotel we should stay at and I am sooo glad I selected The Savoy!! The hotel was just perfect. Location was ideal, within walking distance to everything! The pool area and beach were so relaxing and beautiful. Such a change from Brooklyn! The staff were super cordial and helpful. The suite was so large! Bottom line, when we return to Miami we will return to the Savoy!! Thank you Savoy for the lovely summer vacation.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra bucks for an Ocean View Suite - well worth it!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here from July 25-28th for the first time and absolutely loved everything about the hotel and the premesis. The personnel was exceedingly helpful and pleasant--especially Rocky who helps around the pool and patio--our poolview room was amazing and comfortable, the pool and surroundings were heavenly, and there was no odor in the hotel as other reviews have mentioned. Nor were the hallways or the interiors of the hotel old looking as others have mentioned. I could not find one thing wrong with my stay except maybe that our room key didn't work a few times and we had to return to the front desk to get ours reprogrammed and maybe that had to do with our weird magnetic fields (?!) or whatever. I am in my mid-40s and not a drinker so was somewhat relieved that this was away from the insanity of the South Beach madness....which we could witness if we we wanted to (and did a couple of times). It just made me happier to come back to the Savoy. On the first and last days of our stay, we were permitted to use the facilities, including the beach, pool, towels, and beach chairs/umbrellas. We also stored our luggage before and after check-in/check-out. I cannot recommend this place enough and look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Pool view or Ocean view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family and I went on vacation to Miami Beach from July 14th to the 18th. We stayed at the savoy Hotel and that was the best choice we ever made. The room was perfect and the food was excellent. The staff was very friendly and Rocky by the pool always goes above and beyond to help. It's the perfect place for family vacation. We will be back for sure again.
Thanks again.
Love S

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter what room you choose. I was in the regular room and it was very clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed there for two nights.... The room was great. Nice suite.
The building is (as many in Miami) old, and there was that oldish odor all the way until you get to the room... it was really annoying.
The pool was ok, not so much for the breakfast and common areas... There was a big group of drunk loud people beside the pool for an entire day, somehow intimidating for the rest of the people, and no one from the hotel did anything to stop that.
The desk people was extremely helpfull and friendly, so that is definitelly a Plus!!
Overall experience... I wouldn't stay there again. I'm sure I can do better for the same money.

Room Tip: We stayed at a suite... It was very good. If you can stand the oldish odor all the way until you get...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
South Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was my 2nd stay at the Savoy. I stayed for a week for the July 4th holiday. My first stay was much better because I absolutely loved my room (Room 320), it had a view of Ocean Drive and it also had a balcony. I did try requesting the same room again or a least a room with a balcony and I got neither which was a bit disappointing (Room 226). I was also not impressed with the bathroom in room 226 and the people who stayed above me were extremely loud. Overall, I absolutely love the Savoy, the location is great, the staff is always helpful and very pleasant and I especially love the pool & direct beach access! It was a very nice surprise that guy at the front desk who checked me in (forgive me, I forgot his name) and Rocky who works at the pool recognized me from my previous stay the year before. I will definitely stay at the Savoy again, especially if I can get room 320! The price is a little high, but the Savoy is my go to hotel when I come to South Beach, just a few steps from the beach, so many restaurants and all of the nightlife!!! The location couldn't be more perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Savoy Hotel? Share your experiences!