“Love this hotel, but my first stay was better!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #27 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Love this hotel, but my first stay was better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was my 2nd stay at the Savoy. I stayed for a week for the July 4th holiday. My first stay was much better because I absolutely loved my room (Room 320), it had a view of Ocean Drive and it also had a balcony. I did try requesting the same room again or a least a room with a balcony and I got neither which was a bit disappointing (Room 226). I was also not impressed with the bathroom in room 226 and the people who stayed above me were extremely loud. Overall, I absolutely love the Savoy, the location is great, the staff is always helpful and very pleasant and I especially love the pool & direct beach access! It was a very nice surprise that guy at the front desk who checked me in (forgive me, I forgot his name) and Rocky who works at the pool recognized me from my previous stay the year before. I will definitely stay at the Savoy again, especially if I can get room 320! The price is a little high, but the Savoy is my go to hotel when I come to South Beach, just a few steps from the beach, so many restaurants and all of the nightlife!!! The location couldn't be more perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed in a standard room which could use a big makeover. Carpets, aircondition and bathroom. I also suspect a mold in bathroom and ceiling over the bed. Found a bedbug crawling on the floor in a closet. The pool and beach is great.
This hotel has an okay location, with Starbucks 250 yards away. However, this is the quiet side of Miami beach. You are within close walking distance to the shopping street and about 30.min drive to Aventura mall and 20.min to Bal Harbour shops.

Stayed July 2014
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Traveling_elk,

Thank you for being our guest recently. Your comments are very concerning as we have a very intensive preventative maintenance program in place.

Would you be kind enough to contact me at sales@savoymiami.com so we can discuss your comments in more detail and also provide me with the room you stayed in?

Francine - Director of Sales & Marketing
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Savoy; 9 girls in 3 suites. Upon entering our rooms we found the decor was dated (think 1980s), very little light coming into the North facing rooms, and the phone/radio broken. There was also no ice maker on the floor. I have been vacationing in South Beach for many years and the hotels are typically not the greatest when you pay around $200/night, but this was around $400 and it was disappointing. One night we found blood stains on the newly changed sheets. The elevator on our end of the hall was broken so unless we wanted to walk the opposite direction down a very long hallway, we had to use the stairwell (which is not really great in heels...in fact one of the girls fell down them and fractured her forearm). Dingy Miami hotels are expected at a lower price point but not at what the Savoy charges. Location is also not that great as you will end up having to take a cab if you want to hit up the better nightclubs. I give the hotel 2 stars because the staff is pretty friendly and the lobby is nice and spacious,

Room Tip: Dont get a North facing room. You won't get much natural lightt.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear monicaintampa,

Thank you sincerely for choosing The Savoy Hotel for your recent stay in South Beach. We are very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We strive to provide each and every guest with a memorable stay here at the property.

We reviewed our logs regarding your comment on a broken elevator and a guest with a fractured forearm. Regretfully, we have no record of either of these items as having been reported. We certainly would have addressed your concerns immediately had we been aware.

We apologize once again for falling short on your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your friends once again.

Yours in Hospitality,
Francine - Director of Sales & Marketing
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Recently took a little day trip to Miami Beach to see a concert with my sister. We were told about this hotel from a friend and decided to give it a shot. From the first moment pulling in to this gem we were blown away. The valet immediatly took our car and directed us into hotel lobby to check in (no waiting forever for parking like some other Miami spots). The lobby is so pretty. Very well decorated and smells like a eucalyptus spa. Check in was easy and efficient, front desk attendant was neatly dressed and very friendly. We had to walked by the pool area to get to our room. It was like a little oasis with beautiful plants and trees everywhere, nice tile deck and plenty of lounge chairs. We continued to our room where through the halls there are old school black and white photos decorating the wallls, my sister and I couldn't help but to slowly stroll and admire them. I think the best part of our stay was our room, its was beautiful! We walked in to a cute living room area with a tv and comfy sofas leading to a dining room and bedroom with an additional flat screen. We enjoyed both pool and ocean views from our 3 balconies!! Room is stocked with anything you need, or may have forgotten... Yes, we forgot a cork screw...no problem, it was right in the room. Soft sheets and towels, fluffy comforter... Everything screams comfort and style here. If you can pull yourself out of the pool, go visit Cian at the bar/restaurant inside. He was awesome! Great drinks and wine list and way less than regular Miami prices. You have to try the fresh guacamole and warm tortilla chips or the southwest cobb salad, Delish!! I refuse to stay anywhere else in Miami Beach from now on. Thank you Savoy for such a wonderful memory.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
troy ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our visit at the end of June was like being in a Fitzgerald novel. Our suite had three balconies overlooking palm trees and the beach. Even though we were a couple blocks from all the action, our stay at the hotel was incredibly quiet. The staff were extremely nice and friendly, and the place was clean and stylish. We swam mostly in the beautiful ocean, but the pool was also great. For our 20th anniversary I couldn't have had a nicer experience anywhere else. We were ready to move in.

Room Tip: The third floor gets you a great view. The suite with the king size bed was like an apartment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great location with direct access to Miami beach (at the quieter end). Within walking distance to all the bars and restaurants in South beach. Hotel is small but suites are quite large and airy. Excellent cleanliness in the rooms, although the pool area could benefit from more cleaning. The management and staff were all very helpful and friendly, we had a small issue with the air conditioning and the staff went out of their way to fix this for us. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting spend time in Miami beach but also want a good quiet nights sleep. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had a great time at the savoy hotel in Miami the room was large and very clean the pool area was great really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel. if I go back to Miami I will be stay at this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Savoy Hotel? Share your experiences!