“Great Hotel, Fantastic Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Plan Ahead and Save!!
Ranked #35 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bucks
“Great Hotel, Fantastic Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Recently returned from The Savoy hotel after a 2 night stay over a weekend. The Hotel is in two parts with the pool and bar/restaurant in the centre and right on Ocean drive, just down from 5th street. We arrived at the Hotel a little after 2pm and found out that check in wasnt until 4pm, this wasnt a problem so we decided to get something to eat and have a relax on a sun lounger for a little while. After coming back to the reception desk after 4pm we found that our room still wasn't ready. We went back outside and my mum was overheard by the Manager who then offered us a free round of drinks as an apology! Really lovely guy who obviously works very hard at the Hotel ensuring guest satisfaction.
By the time we managed to check in (almost 5pm) we had all been upgraded! As we were 5 people we had booked two suites, however myself and 2 friends had been upgraded to their best suite with separate bedroom and two bathrooms which was fantastic. My parents also got a 1 bedrooms suite which was a lovely gesture from the Hotel.
The rooms are great, very modern feel whith 2 huge flat screen TV's and comfy beds. We were thrilled!
The location of this Hotel is second to none, right on the beach and just off from the main hustle and bustle of Ocean drive so you will get a good nights sleep!
The following day we decided to head down to the beach bright and early to catch the rays. The hotels beach operates under a 2 sunbed, 1 parasol per room regardless of how many people are staying in the room. As we were 3 people in one room, I asked if we could have an extra sunbed to which the man on duty cearly replied 'no' and 'i don't make the rules'. After getting nowhere I went back up to the reception to sort it out. I think it was Yvonne that I spoke with, and she was very rude and blatant with me about the rules for the sunloungers on the beach. After explaining that we were paying separately and that this should have been detailed on check-in, she finally accepted and agreed to the extra sunbed. I was not impressed with her treatment, simple things like eye contact and basic customer service such as similing did not exist at all! Apart from this small hiccup, out stay was very memorable. As I work in a Hotel, I understand the importance of customer service and how important it is.
We would definitely return again in the future, and would recommend for either families of young party go-ers.

Room Tip: Try and request a pool view room if possible!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Louisewest123,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay here at The Savoy Hotel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your upgraded suites (thanks for your patience!) and prime ocean front location. We regret there was some misunderstanding regarding beach services. The resort fee does include 2 beach chairs and an umbrella at the beach, per room, and extra charges do apply. We apologize if that was not communicated to you.

We are happy that you would return to the property. When you are ready to do so, please contact me directly so I may personally assist with your reservations!

Hope to see you soon....
Francine - Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our stay at The Savoy was excellent! My husband and I have stayed at this hotel in the past and enjoyed our previous overnight stays; but this time we stayed for 3 nights in an ocean view suite that had an absolutely beautiful view. The Savoy's location is ideal - my husband and I went for an early morning run, to cool down we relaxed in the Atlantic (right on the ocean) enjoyed the smooth refreshing sea water. Later went down to the hotel restaurant and had a delicious breakfast with other members of our family joining us who had also stayed at the Savoy. Later that evening we returned to the hotel after sightseeing very hungry; with additional family members joining us we ordered dinner in from room service; it was timely and delicious. Nightlife was within walking distance no designated drivers required. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel an ideal south beach destination. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The ocean view suite have a beautiful view with french doors that open if you desire.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DC Metro area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved our stay here. It appears to be the only hotel in South Beach that is on, and has a private entrance to, the beach. Its not right on top of the clubs on Ocean Drive, but is just minutes away on foot and set back enough that you feel a little more secluded which for someone who was looking for a more low key South Beach experience was perfect. I've recommended The Savoy to both my sister and my parents so that is a testament to the fact that it works well for all age groups!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My first choice hotel at South Beach is The savoy Hotel in Miami. My friend and I have stay in this hotel for the past 5 year for our 4th july getaway. The property is located right on Ocean drive and walking distant to all the well known restaurant and nightlife. my experience at the savoy has been amazing and very welcoming. It our Home away from home. Room are spacious and cleaned daily, Food service by the pool and beach is by far been wonderful. I will like to thank Carlos for his generousity and Attending our Stay. as well other employee Paola, Ray, Rocky for making our Stay at The Savoy Hotel feel like we are in Paradise. I definitely recommend Savoy Hotel 5 stars!!!! From The NEW YORK GIRLS!! Cant stay to see you guys next year! Arlene C.

Room Tip: I recommend One -bedroom suite w/ Balcony. or Suite North Tower w/ pool and Ocean view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one day/night before a cruise out of port of Miami. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant which was absolutely delicious! I can't figure out why it wasn't busy at all, except I guess there's too many other dining choices in South Beach to compete with. Our room was a suite, with a separate bedroom and living area but did not have a pool or ocean view (the view was the side of another building) and I think my dad said it cost $280 a night. The room was a very nice size and so was the bathroom. The water pressure in the shower was terrible. Unfortunately, my fiancé and I had to sleep on the pull out sofa since my dad took the bed and it was VERY uncomfortable. My dad said the bed was nice though.

The pools were gorgeous and so was the beach. The bartenders and staff were GREAT and it was not too crowded, which I loved. Overall it was a very nice stay, but I know of beach hotels in other parts of FL for about the same price that I enjoy more. But for a nice hotel on South Beach, I am sure this one is pretty reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Greetings from South Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience.

It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed dining with us - in fact, our new menus have been extremely popular!

We apologize that you didn't care for the pullout sofa and experienced low water pressure. We are having our engineering staff address those items immediately.

Should your travels bring you back to South Beach, we would love to have you as our guest once again.

Francine Dryja - Director of Sales & Marketing
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was our first visit to South Beach. We wanted to be close to Ocean Drive but far enough away to avoid the noise. The Savoy Hotel was the perfect fit. Only half a block away from the craziness that starts at 5th street. The hotel was quiet and family friendly. Rooms were modern, clean and very spacious. It seemed like they had a large staff working hard all day keeping everything clean and tidy. Easy access to the beach where they provide beach chairs and umbrellas free-of-charge right at the edge of the water. They also provide beach towels. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: The hotel charges extra for rooms with a pool or ocean view. However, there aren't many with ei...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's tradition to visit Miami beach for July 4th week. My friends and I decided to adopt The Savoy Hotel as our home for a week and I can honestly say it was by far the best experience I've ever had in any hotel. The Managers and Directors Paola and Carlos were very attending And comforting. They made us feel at home. Rocky worked by the pool and also offered us great service. I'm amazed at their cleanliness and their spacious rooms. It turned out to be a little pricey but it was worth every dime. The pools are huge and very clean and refreshing. They keep fresh towels and water for everyone. Rocky also supplies cold towels to cool us off which are superb. I will definitely be staying at the savoy every opportunity that I get. Thank you for welcoming us! The NewYork Girls Love The Savoy Hotel. Unforgettable memories were made at the hotel. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Savoy Hotel? Share your experiences!