“Not as nice as the Surfcomber” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #19 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
St. Paul, MN
“Not as nice as the Surfcomber”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

About the same cost as the Surfcomber, but worlds apart in amenities, service and overall quality. This hotel is nicely situated to the heart of the nightlife of Miami Beach without all of the traffic noise you would expect, but that is as far as I will go with being complimentary. The hotel is old appearing and feeling. The room was dirty. I don't think the bathroom floor had been mopped in over a week. The airconditioner was leaking water into the closet and the floor was wet when we got there and was still wet when we checked out. The front desk staff was also rude. The 4PM check-in is also a joke. Spend the same amount at the Surfcomber or a little more to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello from the Savoy Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to describe your comments on Trip Advisor. We find all types of feedback as opportunities and will certainly address your maintenance concerns.

We are glad you liked our location, and most importantly we would like to ask you to give us another chance to exceed your expectations. You can contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservations.

Yours in Hospitality,

852 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel is the one that most of us dare to dream of when we fantasize about a tropical paradise. And yet the location couldn't be better for easy access to all the fun that South Beach has to offer.
To put it simply, the Savoy offers serene elegance amid an otherwise bustling ocean front resort. Their large rooms are fully equipped, several with kitchenettes and balconies, and for someone who has trouble sleeping in general, this gem is the perfect cocoon.
The pool area is renowned for its temple-like ambiance with both a heated and non-heated pool, enticing cabanas, and cheerful restaurant service. A well equipped fitness center is also conveniently located poolside next to the beach entrance . . and need I mention how gorgeous the beach is?
This delightful oasis was definitely "Paradise Found"!

Room Tip: Though the hotel is surprisingly quiet for it's proximity to Ocean Drive, it's still worth a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Warm Greetings from South Beach!

We are ecstatic that we were able to fulfill your fantasy of a tropical paradise! We truly are a hotel that you can enjoy calm, serenity & relaxation, yet still be in the middle of everything South Beach has to offer.

Now that you've found us, we look very forward to welcoming you back time and time again!

Take care,
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at The Savoy Hotel January 24th for two nights and really liked it. It's right on South Beach which is beautiful and has two pools- one that is heated. The employees were very friendly and we ate lunch at the restaurant located on the property and it was excellent. There are tons of restaurants and bars all within walking distance. The room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing stay at the savoy hotel !! Being that I've been to south beach 1000x this by far was one of my top stays at a hotel in south beach. I loved that it was close enough to everything but yet just enough away from the hustle and bustle of ocean drive. Everything was great. The food was good. The room was clean. Mary at the front desk was extremely helpful and accommodating. Carlos the manger was great . He helped me and my pregnant friend get into our room a little earlier then check in. It was very kind of him considering how she was exhausted from traveling. Bernie was amazing in the restaurant. She was very accommodating :) she makes the best iced latte :) rocky was very friendly and helpful by the pool. He was also very accommodating. Bringing us Iced water , towels and just checking on us to see if we needed anything :) I have to say with a staff like that you can't go wrong !! Their was another waitress that I can't remember her name that brought the food to beach and pool. she was also like everyone else very nice and accommodating . Even the manger in the restaurant was very professional , kind and accommodating . Asking my friend and I every day how we were doing and if we needed anything . Mary , Bernie and rocky along with mostly the rest of the staff are all extremely professional , accommodating , friendly and genuinely kind which makes a world of a difference ! The only complaint I have is that two days out of my six I had another waiter at the restaurant his name was cian. It's not that he was unfriendly but when I asked for a iced latte like I did every day before he told me " He won't do that " ! All it took was ice and chocolate syrup .. : / I was surprised to be spoken to like that . I thought the customer was always right ;) it really
Wasn't that crazy of request. The next day he was my waiter as well . I made the same request again . He told me NO! Then He eventually unwillingly attempted to make me something that tasted awful !! Other then that I don't have a single complaint .. Everyone was extremely friendly and nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone I know. When I go back to south beach I will be booking the savoy again :) I was very pleased with everything they had to offer. The price was great considering they have so much to offer. Also I was very impressed with the fendi decor in the lobby ;) being a fashionista like myself i had a great appreciation for it :)

• Stayed February 2013
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Andrea Lynne,

Thank you very much for your review and the time you took to write such details for others to see.

We are very proud of our staff and have constantly been praised for our excellent guest service. If we may say so, we have some of the very best team members on this beach!

I do apologize for the associate that did not live up to our service standards - this feedback will be passed on to the appropriate parties.

We can't wait to have you back!

Yours in Hospitality,
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, on the beach and just steps from Ocean Drive. The pools are well maintained and all the staff I encountered were welcoming and friendly. The rooms are very large and the property is spotless. My only complaints were the furnishings in my room appeared tired and the hot water supply was questionable. I also did not like paying a resort fee at check-out when I prepaid for the entire room in advance.

Room Tip: ASk for a pool or ocean view - those rooms have balconys.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Savage, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I wish we had more time to enjoy the Beach and Pool area but we were busy exploring South Beach. A very nice set-up on the beach with chairs and umbrellas for the guests. The pool area was very nice but by the time we got back after a day of exploring the shade was over most of it. That's alright as we were not there to sun bathe. Had we wanted to it was a very nice, sizable and clean pool area. Food was also good right there. Bar service too - that's a plus. Clean room, no issues. We stayed in the second floor, front of the hotel, overlooking Ocean Drive and no complaints of noise as you are at the south end of the busy district.

new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Savoy Hotel has the advantage of being right in the middle of South Beach with all its color, excitement and excellent shopping, while at the same time providing its guests with a serenity and direct access to a beautiful, deep beach.

Many of the hotel rooms are suites and most rooms have French doors opening onto views of the ocean and/or the two pools.

The hotel never feels overcrowded-- whether you’re in the public rooms, or lying on the beach or on the chaise lounges around the pools --even when, as is frequently the case, the hotel is fully occupied. I think that’s probably because there’s a vast amount of space per guest. The horseshoe shaped hotel building is only 3 stories high on a very large piece of beachfront land. This particular structure creates a sense of space and openness, unusual in Miami hotels.

The management and the staff are excellent, warm and accommodating. Can't say enough good things about them.

The hotel serves breakfast and lunch on a dining terrace by the pool or on the beach. There is also a broad range of good restaurants within a few blocks.

Since our first visit to the Savoy last year, there have been routine upgrades – new carpeting, new flat panel TV’s, new beach chairs, etc.

We LOVE the Savoy Hotel --can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Savoy Hotel? Share your experiences!