“Couldn't have asked for a better hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lord Balfour

Save Saved
You added Lord Balfour to your Saves list
Lord Balfour
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Wave Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Rochester, New York, United States
“Couldn't have asked for a better hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just got home from a 3 night stay at Lord Balfour on South Beach and we can't wait to go back. The hotel is clean, modern, and really beautiful and feels inviting from the second you walk in. The room was just perfect, they keep this place spotless. The king size bed, the hot shower, the view of the ocean, (rm. 308 is highly recommended!)and the decor all were more than we could have hoped for when we booked online. The greatest asset to this hotel in our opinion is Richard, from the second we stepped on the property to the minute we left he was someone we looked forward to running into. Too often you can go to nice places and have employees that are just cold because of all of the people they see and meet everyday or just trying to get through until the next paycheck. Richard went way out of his way to be kind, make conversation, help us figure out travel arrangements (literally called everywhere to help us out of a last minute jam), not only suggested places for us to go but printed off directions, and reviews for us. We also loved that the hotel is on Ocean Dr. but not right in the heart of all of the commotion so it was quiet and not surrounded at all times of the day. It is about two blocks down (1 minute walk) and about a 200 yard walk to the beach, at most. This was a really special visit for us and the hotel ended up being one of the many highlights of our trip and we can't thank the hotel and Richard enough for their hospitality. 5/5

Room Tip: Room 308 was beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
broqui2000, General Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your most kind review on TripAdvisor and particulary for praisng efforts of our great and wonderful employee Richard. We are so please to have Richard in our team. Thank you for compliments, it is very important to us to know how our guest enjoyed their stay here at the Lord Balfour Hotel and also the service recieved. It was a pleasure to serve you, and we hope to be your host again very soon!

Sincerely yours,

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Concord, MA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Besides the beautiful, clean, nicely appointed lobby and pleasant veranda, our comfortable, clean room and the great location, the staff at Lord Balfour aims to please their guests. The staff's pleasant, attentive, can-do attitude helped enhance our stay in South Beach. The hotel has the feel of a European boutique hotel. It's a quiet refuge from, yet steps away from the lively scene just a couple of blocks up Ocean Drive. Their refreshing fruit infused cold water cooled us down after returning from our daily outings -- one of the small, but nice touches that makes this hotel pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the convenience of our location. Our team takes great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel rooms and all areas of the hotel as well as customer service. We always appreciate feedback of any kind, but I know your review will assist other TripAdvisor Travelers to understand what Lord Balfour have to offer.

We hope to see you again the next time your destination is at Miami Beach.

Truly yours,
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Ducked in for a film industry networking gig and was very impressed with the lobby lounge, patio, bar, event, decor, and service!

Admittedly I was only there for an hour or so of small and shop talk, and some cocktails, but the drinks we great and I loved the decor in the lobby. Very cool!

The service was excellent and the cocktails were fresh and inspired. I will be back as a hotel guest, soon, revised review to follow.

Cabeza OUT!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
broqui2000, General Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for joining us on the evening of the event, it was a pleasure to be your host for the evening. Thank you as well for your kinds words regarding the Lord Balfour Hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Yours Truly,
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Upon our arrival at the hotel we were informed that our room reservation was cancelled even though we had our confirmation with us which was a blessing to have at the time, Cree the (best) front office manager worked it all out. Her personality & professionalism goes well above excellent. As soon as you enter into this hotel I guarantee that you will be treated on a presidential level throughout your entire stay. This hotel will be the only hotel that I ever stay at whilst in Miami, they should be rated as a 5 star on every level. Don't believe what others might write, see for yourself & you will not be disappointed.
Ms.UK

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I want to apologize that your arrival experience in knowing your reservation was canceled was not a great way to start, however I am extremely pleased that our Front Office Manager Cree was able to rectify situation immediately. Cree is one of many of the outstanding employees we are lucky to have. Thank you for sharing your comments about the Lord Balfour Hotel with all TripAdvisor Travelers. It is comments like yours that makes our staff strive even harder to provide memorable vacation experiences to all our guest while at the hotel. Thank you again, and we do hope to see you soon!

Sincerely yours,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend in Miami.This was one of the best places that I have stayed in Miami. Great location, clean & hotel staff was polite and helpful. The concierge "Mr Google" gave us great places to go & eat.
Cree the Front office manager was most helpful and took the time out to cater to our needs. Richard the doorman went out of his way ( to his car ) to locate a bottle opener to open our wine bottle.
Overall stay was amazing. Don't be a fool and listen to any other review :-) . Ive traveled all over the world and stayed in many hotels and the Lord Balfour gets a excellent review from me not only for the beautiful decor & cleanliness of the hotel but for their excellent customer service.
P.S Preston as a bartender smile just a little more ;-)

Suzanne W

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We can't say enough about how much we appreciate your kind comments about the Lord Balfour Hotel and our staff. Thank you for acknowledging Dilip our Concierge (Mr. Google), Cree our Front Office Manager and our Bellman Richard. It is kind words as yours that make our staff continue to provide great experiences. I will certainly pass along the accolades to them. Thank you again for choosing our hotel verses other hotels in the Miami Beach area. Glad you had a great time here!. Hope to see you again in the future.

Best wishes,
Roselle Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Location is great! 4th & Ocean on the strip but far enough to not be effected by the Nosey night life but walking distances from everything, restaurants, Banking, Walgreens, and just right across the street from the beach.

The Staff were kind and considerate everyone greeted me from the Bar Tenders, front desk clerks, and the cleaning/house keep staff were all courteous and kind Isabella (front Desk) was especially kind.

The Décor of the hotel was modern and sleek very stylish. The Bed was very comfortable, ample pillows were provided, the bed was clean I didn't feel as if I needed to break out a black light and search for critters, added features that I appreciated were the Full length mirrors and Flat Screen TV.

The Bathroom was a bit small but it was very nice shower feature with Dual shower head one over head and one removal shower head, The Chrome Finish and Styling made it a pleasure to take a shower, Fresh Towels, rags, Toilet paper, Soap, and Box tissues were provided/re-stocked daily.

The House keep staff (well the one that cleaned my room) did an amazing job, every night I left my room looking like Oscar Madison Room from the Old couple ( dirty with clothes every where) and every time I returned my room was immaculately spot with my clothes bagged in a separate dirty clothes bag ( I really appreciated that)

I only have 3 minor complaints. One is that this hotel doesn't have a pool, I prefer a pool over the beach but if you're a beach lover this is hotel is perfect it directly across the street from the beach. my Second complaint is the cost of valet parking ($35 per night) only because there is available street meter parking which for 8hrs only cost $14 and a parking ticket is only $15 it just doesn't make any sense to use their valet service unless you are just too lazy to feed the meter at 9am. Lastly I booked thru a third party site (BookIt.com) and paid in full before I had arrived at the hotel what bookit doesn't disclose to you is that Lord Balfour requires and additional $100 per night Security Deposit that they charge upfront and not per night meaning if you're staying there for 6nights they are required to place a hold of $600 on your card so whatever the cost you paid expect to tact on this additional hold I didn't see any items in the room that value $600 but I get it, the Hotel was willing to work with me on this matter so I don't consider it a real issue but its something customer need to know that book thru third party Sites.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Lord Balfour hotel I would definitely stay there again and recommend staying there to family and friends

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the review on the Lord Balfour hotel in Miami Beach. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us and a place where you can unwind and not worry about anything. I want to take this opportunity to let you know that although we do not have a pool currentl, we are in the planning stages in adding a new wing right next to us that will include a state of the art pool and a roof top that will include a jacuzzi with garden features to enjoy a relaxing ambience. In addition a restaurant will be added as well for your future enjoyment. I thank you kindly for the kind words regarding our staff, we are so pleased to have wonderful staff that really care for making wonderful vacation memories for our guest. We do hope that you come visit us again so that you can enjoy the new future amenities.

Yours Truly,
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Best thing about this hotel is it's decor, location (being just a block away from hustle&bustle of the Ocean Dr, but quiet at the same time) and the fact that it's freshly renovated and open since June 2013.
Worst about this hotel - rooms are very small and bathrooms are really tiny! Now, while evening staff was very nice, their morning&day staff was really rude, with lots of attitude. Just like the previous reviewer, we had problems getting a room that we booked ahead of time for our 2nd night. We couldn't get a confirmation from the manager for our reservation, and had to wait for quite a bit for that to happen. Taking into account the hotel is attempting to be on the high end, the morning&daytime staff definitely is not as friendly&helpful as one would expect them to be for the price paid.
Have to say though, the rooms are very nicely decorated, the hotel is unique and beautiful with witty quotes posted everywhere, everything is done with a great taste. However communication with the front desk people spoiled our whole experience there...So 3/5 overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
broqui2000, General Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Lord Balfour Hotel in Miami Beach. We regret to hear about the experience you had during your arrival. I want to personally apologize. Our guest are our number one priority at the property and if any of our guest is dissatisfied with their experience, we want to address their concerns immediately. I would like to discuss this further with you my e-mail is gm@lordbalfourmiami.com

Thank you and I look forward hearing from you.
Ralph Reveron

Been to Lord Balfour? Share your experiences!