“Nice place, good location!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lord Balfour

You added Lord Balfour to your Saves list
Lord Balfour
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The Wave Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Nice place, good location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at LB for three days, had a wonderful stay. Its located on the center of ocean drive so all the happening spots (like South beach, Nikki beach, Mangoes tropical cafe, cool restaurants etc) of ocean
drive is at short walking distance.U dont need a car if u plan to spend your time at south beach. They have very good concierge too-Dilip, who is great to help you plan what you want to do, he also does the bookings for you. Rooms are nice n clean, bathrooms are little tight tough. They have free beach towels which was pretty convenient. We got a good deal online so it was totally worth it for us. Overall good.

• Stayed August 2013
broqui2000, Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We at the Lord Balfour Hotel appreciate your wonderful comments of your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and certainly that our Concierge Dilip was so wonderful in assisting with all your needs.

We Thank you sincerely and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ralph Reveron
Lord Balfour Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lake Worth, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This new hotel south of 5th was quite charming. It features a beautiful lobby and freshly redone, tasteful rooms and a friendly staff and some amazing signature cocktails. The bed was very comfortable and the room was sparkly clean. Light continental brunch was served in the morning. What this hotel doesn't have is a restaurant, a pool or a bar that's open late. While those three things may not be requirements of everyone, part of the fun for me to visit South Beach is to stay at a trendy hotel that has a great pool scene, so I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
broqui2000, Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate the kind words. Although Lord Balfour hotel at the present time does not have the additional amenities, we are currently in the first phase of approving a wonderful restaurant for the enjoyment of our guest. We enjoyed you as our guest and we hope you give us another opportunity to be your host. Ralph Reveron General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Words cannot explain the suberb customer service that I received from this hidden jewel of a hotel. Everyone down to the housekeeping staff had a smile on their face and exploded with happiness. I love it when I travel and stay at a place where everyone is happy and supplies me with their heart on their sleeve.

My hotel room at Lord Balfour was the interior design that represents me - stylish, modern, epic, not the ordinary, in your face with art deco of which the Art Deco District of South Beach is known for. I entire hotel was a cool, layed back, positive environment. I must say that this hotel is for everyone - singles, married with kids, romantic getaway, etc. I was at the Lord Balfour with me, myself, and I and I lovedddddddddddddddddddddd it. As long as they welcome me back, this is my home while in Miami each and every time I travel there.

I almost forgot, free breakfast each morning and a free pass to Nikki Beach two blocks down where you will receive a towel, a beach chair and an umbrella so that you can chill your day away on the Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
broqui2000, General Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
We are so happy you felt right at home here at the Lord Balfour Hotel, It is a wonderful delight to read such warm and positive comments from our guest. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us and TripAdvisor travelers. We will certainly share your gracious comments with our passionate staff.

We thank you again for your kind comments.

Ralph Reveron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to Lord Belfour after finding this gem on Groupon. I was escaping for a quick getaway with my husband. When we arrived we were greeted friendly by the staff. I was amazed by the beautiful, trendy decor. The staff was great at giving us recommendations on what to do while in Miami. When we got to our room it was the same reaction. Who ever did the decorating for this place is a genius. Complimentary breakfast was delicious! Upon leaving some of the staff mentioned they would be expanding to add a pool and a restaurant soon. We will be back to experience that! I would highly recommend this place! Very close to all the major things to do in south beach!!

• Stayed August 2013
Chauncey350, General Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the staff! It was wonderful having you here with us. I look forward to your next visit with us in the near future!

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel has really surprised me. I knew it was a new hotel, so I assumed that it would be clean. But what caught me off guard was how well the staff there makes you feel at hm.

The overall experience was brilliant, the rooms were fresh, hip, comfy and had everything that you might need.

Keeping in mind that Miami is an incredible place to visit, however this hotel made Miami all the more memorable, if that is even possible.

Thank you Richard and the whole staff for making this special. I'm definitely coming back.

Osama A Mohsen and Nina Alfi

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean drive view room. It doesn't matter tho, you'll love it anyways
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
It was great having you here with us! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the near future!

grand cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed for 3 days and had the most romantic and relaxing time. The service was first class and the rooms well appointed.

We will return in Nov and there is no question that we will stay at Lord Balfour again.

The picture of the beautiful girl on the wall was funny for us as she looks just like a friend of ours so we would walk into the room and say "Hi Alina".. ha ha

Hope to see you soon!

Yvonne

Hi Cree!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chauncey350, General Manager at Lord Balfour, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! It was wonderful to have you here with us. We look forward to your next visit with us in the near future!

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Wonderful, newly renovated hotel! I stayed here from 8/26-8/30 for a birthday and end of summer vacation. I found this hotel via a Groupon and read great reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to say that they didn't disappoint. Lovely decor! Extremely pleasant and helpful staff. Great to have the complimentary continental breakfast every morning! The property was well kept and the lobby always smelled lovely!

Only a few very minor complaints:
-It was very easy to hear people talking in the hallways
-The water temperature tended to be slightly cooler at times.

These two minor issues didn't ruin my trip nor will it keep me from returning!

Look forward to staying at Lord Balfour again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
It was great to have you here with us! Thank you for your kind words and observations. We are always striving to provide ever more excellent service. I look forward to your next visit with us.

Chauncey

Been to Lord Balfour? Share your experiences!